ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder to all Aggys

Both Aggy and Missouri had their best three years in the conference their first three years.
If the SEC was that much better the total opposite would happen.

They would have sucked and the SEC would have made them better.
Not necessarily. Missouri and A&M came over with smaller and faster players built for the Big 12. The SEC is more of a physical league and the no huddle fast pace game was an adjustment for SEC teams. A&M I know started recruiting different kind of athletes trying to get on par with the big receivers and beefing up the o-line and d-line to try and stop the run and be able to run the football. Many times now you will see those fast pace offenses slinging it all over the field will give some SEC teams fits initially. Teams adjusted to what A&M and Missouri were doing and made adjustments. LSU was the blueprint for how to stop it. They always did a great job and other teams started taking notes.

Jeezus, when will you get over making up this BS about the SEC? I've put out the facts about the Big 12 being better at defense last year and having tougher SOS than the SEC on here over and over but ya'll just like to live in your own world you create.

Ya'll get more breaks than any other conference. Week in week out my arse. The SEC just had to implement an internal rule to force the conference to actually play at least ONE power five team in non conference play....out of FOUR games. Plus you get one of those Div 2 teams in November.

By the way, how did Patterson fare when he went up against the SEC recently in a NY6 game against Ole Miss (who beat Alabama that year)? In case you forgot, they wiped the floor with them 42-3 LOL! Talk about physical...
You can also look up the head to head with SEC and Big 12 opponents. You won't like the outcome. I don't know about the breaks. You could make the argument that Texas gets breaks against Kansas, Tech, Baylor, and Iowa St plus 2 of their OOC games each year. That is 6 games that instantly makes you bowl eligible. Big 12 defense is not something you are going to get many people to buy into outside of here. We can just disagree.

Reactions: BobWeltlich
By the way Tech, Baylor,Iowa st......are on the same level as aggy has been.....if yall were still in the BigXII the aggys would fall into your category as a "break"

Yes, everybody loses some commits. What you don't understand is that nobody gets players flipped away from them year in, and year out, on the level aggy does. Enough so that the phrase "aggy decommit season" was coined.

This is a result of your high pressure sales tactics, born out of desperation to get ahead of daddy. You pressure them to commit too soon, they watch the garbage you guys put on the field during their senior seasons, and start realizing they screwed up.

Anyway, good luck to ya. See you in aggy decommit season. Btw, Jordan Whittington laughed at you guys for trying too hard when you landed the swagcopter in Cuero. Lol
Isn't this what Mack Brown used to do?
I understand our current position in College Football. I am hoping to get over the hump someday. This being said, we have a very good class as of now. To say otherwise is stupid. Plus, we will have to wait and see on the development of these athletes. Seems like I remember some top 5 Texas classes not panning out in the past. It happens to everybody. And Jordan Whittington's stock has continued to drop BTW.

By the way Tech, Baylor,Iowa st......are on the same level as aggy has been.....if yall were still in the BigXII the aggys would fall into your category as a "break"
Over the last 34 years it was 17-17. Not sure you could call it that. I can post our record against those teams. It was a break for us

You can also look up the head to head with SEC and Big 12 opponents. You won't like the outcome. I don't know about the breaks. You could make the argument that Texas gets breaks against Kansas, Tech, Baylor, and Iowa St plus 2 of their OOC games each year. That is 6 games that instantly makes you bowl eligible. Big 12 defense is not something you are going to get many people to buy into outside of here. We can just disagree.
Let's see off the top of my head: Texas, TCU, Texas Tech, KSU, OU have beaten SEC head to head just recently.
Kansas is the only current break right now. A&M would have struggled and maybe lost to Tech last year (and A&M had a losing record for the entirety of their Big 12 stint against Tech), Baylor would have been a good game (but they also outside of the Briles firing year have been as good or better than A&M) Iowa St. would have definitely been a loss for A&M last year.
As far as the Big 12 defense, do you have any actual evidence for your claims? I do, and the facts showed BIg 12 across the board was as good or better than the SEC on D last season.

Not necessarily. Missouri and A&M came over with smaller and faster players built for the Big 12. The SEC is more of a physical league and the no huddle fast pace game was an adjustment for SEC teams. A&M I know started recruiting different kind of athletes trying to get on par with the big receivers and beefing up the o-line and d-line to try and stop the run and be able to run the football. Many times now you will see those fast pace offenses slinging it all over the field will give some SEC teams fits initially. Teams adjusted to what A&M and Missouri were doing and made adjustments. LSU was the blueprint for how to stop it. They always did a great job and other teams started taking notes.
That is just a load of crap. Total spin. The only A&M team that has been able to compete in the SEC was a team that was 100% Big 12 players. Fact.

Last edited:
Over the last 34 years it was 17-17. Not sure you could call it that. I can post our record against those teams. It was a break for us
The facts are A&M was barely a .500 team in the Big 12 and had a losing record vs. Tech.

Reactions: Scholz

Maybe under Dave Aranda but John Chavis is a vastly overrated DC.
The secondary he had in 2011 was the greatest ever and he still found a way to mess that up.

Aranda's scheme is very much like Todd Orlando.
They both have the Utah St connection.

The offense Jimbo will install still will not beat LSU.
Watching teams that have success on LSU and Texas all have mobile QBs

The two ways to cause problems is to be able to run the ball so more people have to clog the middle or to force a LB to become the spy.

Only time Florida St had a dynamic offense was in 13 and 14
Winston to me is the third best QB I have seen the last 20 years.
The VY, Cam, Winston and DeShaun Watson QBs come around every 5 years or so.

Ask Auburn fans about Jimbo's offense.
It was LSU's DL who won the Sugar Bowl in 04 not Jimbo Fisher's play calling.

Maybe under Dave Aranda but John Chavis is a vastly overrated DC.
The secondary he had in 2011 was the greatest ever and he still found a way to mess that up.

Aranda's scheme is very much like Todd Orlando.
They both have the Utah St connection.

The offense Jimbo will install still will not beat LSU.
Watching teams that have success on LSU and Texas all have mobile QBs

The two ways to cause problems is to be able to run the ball so more people have to clog the middle or to force a LB to become the spy.

Only time Florida St had a dynamic offense was in 13 and 14
Winston to me is the third best QB I have seen the last 20 years.
The VY, Cam, Winston and DeShaun Watson QBs come around every 5 years or so.

Ask Auburn fans about Jimbo's offense.
It was LSU's DL who won the Sugar Bowl in 04 not Jimbo Fisher's play calling.
I will allow.

Always convenient you don’t mention UT being on probation either during that time! Only Rice was clean!

17-17

Always convenient how you dipshits only want to count history that favors your side. How about we do the same, shall we?

This century Texas is 9-3 against aggy, including eternal scoreboard. Complete domination. No wonder you girls and those cornholers ran away crying.

Since we’ve struggled on the football field the last eight years, one of the few things that has lifted my heart is Aggie pain and suffering. Any Aggie loss re-aligns the planets provides nature with the balance it needs to survive.

Always convenient how you dipshits only want to count history that favors your side. How about we do the same, shall we?

This century Texas is 9-3 against aggy, including eternal scoreboard. Complete domination. No wonder you girls and those cornholers ran away crying.

Metcalf, when we bring up that once the playing field and resources are somewhat equal and the results have been too, the fact that you resort to name calling is all I need to know. You guys love to say you are Blue Blood! The facts clearly say otherwise!

Always convenient you don’t mention UT being on probation either during that time! Only Rice was clean!

17-17

I think a&m is only behind OU regarding the # of times they have been sanctioned by the NCAA. For OU I think it’s 7 so aggie would be 6. The ags have never been afraid to cheat. Dishonesty is just part of the culture. When you hire guys like Sherrill or Slocum and prop up guys like Manziel, there’s not a lot of room rationalizing but they do it.

Metcalf, when we bring up that once the playing field and resources are somewhat equal and the results have been too, the fact that you resort to name calling is all I need to know. You guys love to say you are Blue Blood! The facts clearly say otherwise!

aggy telling Texas that they're not a blueblood program, lol? That's rich. To say you people are oblivious and clueless is being kind. Good grief. :rolleyes:

aggy telling Texas that they're not a blueblood program, lol? That's rich. To say you people are oblivious and clueless is being kind. Good grief. :rolleyes:

Sorry, we have grown up hearing how great you guys are and every year how “WE’RE BACK” (Norte Dame 2016 most recently) and then you know what happens. The fact is that neither of us are a Tier 1 Football program.

Aggy still does not understand UT and Aggy are not equal.
The state of Texas created two universities for two different reasons.

Not to say that Aggy can't win on the football field but only reason you are anywhere close in resources is because your boosters are giving large chunks of money to APPEAR to make the same amount of money as UT.

If Jimbo doesn't cut the mustard early Aggy is in a world of hurt

Blue Blood has an expiration date. Tennessee is running out of time...

Sorry, we have grown up hearing how great you guys are and every year how “WE’RE BACK” (Norte Dame 2016 most recently) and then you know what happens. The fact is that neither of us are a Tier 1 Football program.
You didn't hear "we're back" anywhere but the announcer shouting it as time expired against Notre dame.

Reactions: TexExSpur

You'll never hear "We're Back" from anyone affiliated with a&m because championship wise you haven't been anywhere to be back from. It's been almost 80 years since the ags have done anything relevant or significant. You left a conference you couldn't win for another conference you can't win. You paid 75 million dollars for a coach you'll regret hiring in about 3-5 years so just sit over there in that paradise known as college station and enjoy your overrated, 2 & 3 stat laden 2019 recruiting class.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Bob, the fact that you lie about how many national titles we have tells us all we need to know about your bitterness and delusion.

aggys like you are why I’m going to enjoy your school never winning a national title in a big 3 sport in our lifetimes.

Bob, the fact that you lie about how many national titles we have tells us all we need to know about your bitterness and delusion.

aggys like you are why I’m going to enjoy your school never winning a national title in a big 3 sport in our lifetimes.

You have to use the same argument on both sides comparing National Championships.
TCU fans do the same thing.
Their narrative is they have the most in Texas.
They use every poll to award their school with a NC but do not even recognize AP NC for UT

The Cockroaches are at least a little more persuasive than Aggy.

Reactions: Scholz

One in the modern era! It is what it is! Sorry!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT