ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: 24 Hours Later...

Of course you can’t erase it, but imagine a world where Casey comes in and tears it up and maybe they only lose a good game to OU and finish 10-2. You don’t think that will be spun as the Arkansas game is in the rear view mirror as more of an aberration because it’s been a different team ever since? That’s exactly how the narrative will be framed whether you like it or not.

i can imagine quite a lot. i can't imagine Thompson being so good behind a line that got manhandled by Arkansas that will likely lose 4 games in SEC play leading this team to a 10-2 record whether you like it or not.

The OL has a lot to do with the lack of QB play. Look what Shane did at SMU with a better relative OL.

better against lessor opponents. let me remind ya SMU plays in the AAC .. not the Big 12 or the ACC.

i'm big fan of shane, hated to see him go but he had no choice really. Herman's offense featured a running qb so Ehlinger was going to be the better fit. if you ask me Buechele was the better passer than Ehlinger. put them both in Sark's offense and i think Sam sits, Shane starts.

Reactions: Big Stoop
And was benched in the Tech game. Those teams he played on could survive sketchy passing performances.
He was pulled, not benched, so someone with a Stronger arm could throw deep. Who started the next game? Who saved the undefeated season in’63 against the Aggies? Not the first stringer. Who started that year’s bowl game against No. 2 Navt? Not the second-stringer.

I have watched the last two games and I think one thing that is missing is strength and conditioning. We have been being pushed around in the first two games. That was not the case with Tom Herman and Yancy McKnight. McKnight prepared them with heavy lifting and running.

this is the same line as last year. are you saying Sark and his strength coach didn't make them do winter/spring conditioning and let them get weak?

Casey scrambled right and threw a high wobbling duck over the head of his receiver, he missed a deep ball by 10 yards and took off running at the glimpse of pressure against a prevent defense yet we want to take out the QB with the best arm talent in a decade?

This place has serious battered fan syndrome. The game was lost on the game plan, no scripted short passing games to get card comfortable and open up running lanes, no read options. Just crazy vanilla and gave a very talented QB making his first road start zero chance of success.

How is this so hard for this fan base to see? My eyes saw run on first down for 3, run on second down for -2 and a pass attempt with a shitty o line against 8 defenders on 3rd and long. This Texas coaching staff completed the definition of insanity Saturday night.

You saw Casey lead touchdowns drives but remember this one bad throw but didn’t see Card miss two wide open touchdown passes that could have changed the game?

Most of those possessions just don't mean much to me in the context of the here and the now.

We're no doing that with any of the other positions. It's meaningless for Joshua Moore at this point that he caught two touchdowns against Colorado.
No. Wrong. What’s
Meaningless is that he essentially wasn’t targeted Saturday night.

keep this in mind. if Casey lights up Rice it means no more than Card lighting up Louisiana. doesn't mean he would have beaten Arkansas even if he started.

that came from Kirk Bohls on a podcast i caught today about the qb switch. and all 4 of the sportsbeat writers agreed Sark should have pulled Card at halftime when there was still some chance to stay in the game and possibly win.

i can imagine quite a lot. i can't imagine Thompson being so good behind a line that got manhandled by Arkansas that will likely lose 4 games in SEC play leading this team to a 10-2 record whether you like it or not.

better against lessor opponents. let me remind ya SMU plays in the AAC .. not the Big 12 or the ACC.

i'm big fan of shane, hated to see him go but he had no choice really. Herman's offense featured a running qb so Ehlinger was going to be the better fit. if you ask me Buechele was the better passer than Ehlinger. put them both in Sark's offense and i think Sam sits, Shane starts.
Then don’t come on a board to engage in conversation if you can’t imagine anything outside your own thoughts. News flash, lots of things are possible.

Then don’t come on a board to engage in conversation if you can’t imagine anything outside your own thoughts. News flash, lots of things are possible.

you are living in the Twilight Zone if you think this team can go 10-2.
but i might win 400m in the powerball lotto too. i'll let you know if that ever happens.

you can dream all day long but you eventually wake up in the real world.

let me ask you .. some other poster claimed going 8-4 is a disaster. do you agree?

going 4-8 is a disaster.

sorry amigo ..the only way Sark gets to wash his hands of that disaster is win a national title while he's at Texas.

that was an embarrassment and Sark owns it.
what about a BIg 12 title this year?

Reactions: DKinnamon
Every single player on this team should be looking over their shoulder. None of them (save maybe Bijan) deserve any benefit of the doubt. If their psyches are so fragile they can’t handle being bench for sucking then they’re in the wrong business. At least Thompson has demonstrated a skill of making plays with his feet when plays breakdown which they do often with this Oline. He seems more geared to the “stop thinking and play” mind set.
Casey is a very good talent and has a chance to be an excellent player.

Reactions: SR60
The mod here is cornered. The head coach is making decisions to win games, one at a time. The head coach is making decisions to treat amazing QBs with utmost respect. The mod should treat his readership the same.
Respect is earned. no? Come in here offering zero respect, you'll get none in return.

you are living in the Twilight Zone if you think this team can go 10-2.
but i might win 400m in the powerball lotto too. i'll let you know if that ever happens.

you can dream all day long but you eventually wake up in the real world.

let me ask you .. some other poster claimed going 8-4 is a disaster. do you agree?

going 4-8 is a disaster.
Don’t be such a wanker. I didn’t say I thought it was going to happen. Reading comprehension. I just suggested a possibility. Yes, it’s possible in the Big 12. This conference sucks and with better QB play, along with growth of the team, it’s possible, yet unlikely. 9-3 is probably the ceiling if all goes well. 8-4 more likely, and I would consider that a failure, which could turn into disaster on the recruiting front. Anything less that that is heading towards catastrophe.

In three games, his touchdowns per drive record is 80 percent. I don’t care when in the games they occurred. He is quite deserving of the start. And don’t ever compare card or Thompson or anyone else to James Street. You weren’t around for his 20-0 record as a starter. He was Godhead of leaders.
I didn't compare anyone to James Street. I actually said you can't compare those players to Street.

Maybe read properly before coming in with high heat?

Reactions: DKinnamon
she's told me a lot of things? what about you and your mom? where did you get your always rosy bedside manner?
Mine told me that, many times. I confess, I've the bedside manner of a hangman and the patience of a crackhead. There's are reasons I live alone. That said, this is truly a fun site. I tried OB, IT and Chipmunk's all at the same time this past spring. I'd never belonged to any site in my 70 years, so I thought I'd try it. Yours is the only one I stayed with and I enjoy it. Tell me this when you've a minute: in Herman's first year, did this board go bat shite crazy after the loss to Maryland?

Mine told me that, many times. I confess, I've the bedside manner of a hangman and the patience of a crackhead. There's are reasons I live alone. That said, this is truly a fun site. I tried OB, IT and Chipmunk's all at the same time this past spring. I'd never belonged to any site in my 70 years, so I thought I'd try it. Yours is the only one I stayed with and I enjoy it. Tell me this when you've a minute: in Herman's first year, did this board go bat shite crazy after the loss to Maryland?
oh yeah

• Haha
Reactions: DKinnamon and toran

Let me tell you what I find funny.... that you guys think for $9.95 per month you can just talk to me any old way you want to and that it's my job to be respectful no matter what is said.

You'll find that that if I'm being rude to someone, they were probably acting like a shitbag.

Some in this thread have acted like shitbags.

Moral of the story - don't be a shitbag.

Let me tell you what I find funny.... that you guys think for $9.95 per month you can just talk to me any old way you want to and that it's my job to be respectful no matter what is said.

You'll find that that if I'm being rude to someone, they were probably acting like a shitbag.

You’re on a roll, again

what about a BIg 12 title this year?

if he pulls that off .. this year .. i'll let him wash his hands of it.

Don’t be such a wanker. I didn’t say I thought it was going to happen. Reading comprehension. I just suggested a possibility. Yes, it’s possible in the Big 12. This conference sucks and with better QB play, along with growth of the team, it’s possible, yet unlikely. 9-3 is probably the ceiling if all goes well. 8-4 more likely, and I would consider that a failure, which could turn into disaster on the recruiting front. Anything less that that is heading towards catastrophe.

my reading comprehension is fine. i don't do britspeak. define wanker for me.

8-4 is a failure. good thing you aren't Tillman Fertitta or we'd have Dana Boogersen as our coach.

home-improvement-time.gif

Man I did - sprinkle fairy dust or some such .., how about “this starts with me and I failed the team and the school”

• Haha
Reactions: J Tull and toran
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT