ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (30,000-foot view of 2019 recruiting ...)

At squinting maybe.

Gilbert was the squinter.

Ash was the guy who could run a bit and threw up a 157 pass rating as a true sophomore. And his best players were Mike Davis and Malcolm Brown.

Mock had a slightly higher pass rating but couldn’t run. And got most of his stats basically against the garbage part of our schedule— New Mexico State, Rice and Tulane. Arky owner him and then he got benched against K State. VY got most of the snaps against the tough competition. And mock had Cedric, Roy, BJ, Sloan, David Thomas, and a much better line.

Ash was far better than Mock.

Any top 10 QB list with Chris Simms in it is flawed. Stats don’t always tell the story.

I won’t even begin to pick apart the fact that you placed him ahead of Major.

But as always, thanks for taking the time to write.

Happy Father’s Day. Just found out I am having a little girl. My first child. God help me!!
2002 Simms was a man.

Chrissy Sims shouldn't be anywhere near that list... Bobby Layne should be higher as should Applewhite. Seriously Sims before Applewhite??? Gardere deserves over Mock simply due to the fact he beat BlowU four straight times.
a."Chrissy"....
b. James Brown was a better college football player against better competition. Imagine what James Brown does if put on a football field with the late 40s Longhorns...
c. Simms.

I am confused by our 2019 recruiting struggles. Seems hard to believe the great 2018 class could have impacted 2019 efforts this much. Difficulties on OL and DL have gone on for several years over two coaching staffs. QB recruiting better, but elite RB hard to come by. DFW recruiting has all but dried up.
Hope on field performance this year will put an end to some of these struggles.
Hook ‘em!

Ketch, I think you need to tap the brakes on Koepka. He’s good and winning back to back is rare (and impressive), but to suggest the words “one of the greatest in history of the sport”....definite getting ahead of yourself imo.

Then again I sold FB at $45 after watching it flounder it’s first year so what do I know.

I thought high 4 Star Chris Adimora was a very strong Texas lean? No?
At the end of the day, I feel like Texas is getting all of the in-state kids I listed and I didn't think they'd take another. He's a real possibility, but the numbers are tight at some point.

Reactions: coopdog
Great read, Ketch! Your top 10 QB’s is interesting, but I am not sure how I would change it.

Loved your shout out to your Mother! On a different level, my experience was similar.

Thanks to all of those hard working single Moms out there. God bless.
+1

This week, I'll keep it Texas football-focused and rank my top 10 Texas quarterbacks of all-time.

1. Vince Young.
2. Colt McCoy
3. James Street
4. James Brown
5. Bobby Layne
6. Chris Simms
7. Major Applewhite
8. Eddie Phillips
9. Marty Akins
10. Chance Mock
No Peter Gardere? I'd have thought 4-0 vs OU as a starter would get him on the list ahead of Mock.

Ketch, you look good in pads at ten or so, and with a full head of hair!

Ketch, I think you need to tap the brakes on Koepka. He’s good and winning back to back is rare (and impressive), but to suggest the words “one of the greatest in history of the sport”....definite getting ahead of yourself imo.

Then again I sold FB at $45 after watching it flounder it’s first year so what do I know.
It was a joke playing on my comments on Johnson from last week.

Reactions: J-VON11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT