ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A different kind of Texas quarterback discussion ...)

I am not a Bron fan, but I don't think it is even close that he is the GOAT. Bigger, stronger, even faster than Michael. I know most won't agree because it is not popular to think that anyone is better than Jordan, but I really don't think it is close. And I really don't like LeBron at all.
James is the better athlete. Jordan is the better player.

Yea, this world needs more kids like that young boy. Outstanding heart and intelligence at 4 on identifying a problem and try to heartfeltly resolve it any way he can.

Reactions: Lilboots2012
It’s already being reported elsewhere NaNa is going to ND. Y’all need better recruiting sources. We weren’t even going in. He was heavily leaning ND and we didn’t do enough this weekend.

Who liked this trash? I mean, if he goes to ND so be it but the kid has been pretty pro Texas for a while now and been on our campus a lot. One thing I have noticed about the OB staff is that they don’t Chase rumors and don’t make bad guesses very often. Others, not so much.

It seems there are a few folks on here that are incredulous at the idea that Nana might be a horn. I question that position, and wonder why you pay to post here. Stay on your own board.

@Ketchum , toward the end of year 3 of Smart’s tenure, while he was headed toward another sub-.500 conference season, you declared him a ‘damn good coach’.

Pierce took over a program in worse shape and is doing much better. What is your description of him?

Reactions: pdrscott99
Who liked this trash? I mean, if he goes to ND so be it but the kid has been pretty pro Texas for a while now and been on our campus a lot. One thing I have noticed about the OB staff is that they don’t Chase rumors and don’t make bad guesses very often. Others, not so much.

It seems there are a few folks on here that are incredulous at the idea that Nana might be a horn. I question that position, and wonder why you pay to post here. Stay on your own board.
They are all saying that because Nahlin from IT is saying it.

It sounds like Nana is a smart kid. I can’t see him going to play for an asshole that’s on a warm seat.

Lebron is amazing. He's not Michael amazing, but absence has drained some of our memories on that...I remember you saying, at one point, that Kobe was more athletic than MJ, so I imagine this falls into that category. If he was doing this in the Western Conference, I might agree....but the teams he is doing this against would be Teams 5-8, at best, in the West....it has been that way for a while. He is tremendous. An absolute FREAK....but he ain't Mike.

Uh, no. Hell no. He's top 5 but anything more is classic recency bias. Jordan would average 40/10/10 in today's NBA and might never lose a game in today's eastern conference.

LeBron is a great player and I like him alot but Jordan he is not.

I am not a Bron fan, but I don't think it is even close that he is the GOAT. Bigger, stronger, even faster than Michael. I know most won't agree because it is not popular to think that anyone is better than Jordan, but I really don't think it is close. And I really don't like LeBron at all.

Off your QB list you posted and add Greg Ward, JT Barrett, or Braxton Miller preinjury how many games does Texas win last year?

Do we lose in OT to both USC & Okie St.? Do we lose the close game to the Sooners who were ready to quit in the 4th quarter? Do we lose to Tech?

Ive been harping all year and off season that Herman is a QB away from something special here. Whether thats Ehlinger taking the next step, a grad transfer, or Thompson being so electric with his legs that we cant keep him on the bench.

The dual threat QB in college football in particular a Herman or Hand (Malzahn) offense is an absolute game changer.

Last edited:
Reactions: EG-man
I could've done without the BAKER MAYFLOER idolatry.

LJ at least deserves some props, even though you overrated him. He has a better chance of being a goat on a farm than he does of being the greatest of all-time.

Grier can have the best QB rating ever, but our defense will put a big dent in his rating and slow him down enough for us to win.

1. Been saying and nobody will listen how different OU is going to be without Mayfield and Stoops. Riley is JAG. Whoever replaces Mayfield will be JAG. They're looking at three or four losses with that defense.
2. I find it pointless to compare our QBs to the others and even to Ash when not a single one of those other QBs had to worry about getting the ball off before they finish their drop. Nobody has as crappy of an OL as we've had the past few years.
3. RE: RBs, The problem with RB is the same as our QB problem and our WR problem. It's our offensive line. We don't even really need to talk about our offense or any of the positions until we fix it. It's everything to this team and if it finally improves then we can judge the position play.

Great video of the young super hero. Nice way to start a week.

Last edited:
@Ketchum interesting comparative stats on Ash. Makes you think that if he played the last couple years and Heard had time to develop, we would have a whole different scenario happening on the 40 acres - including potential coaching changes. For me get us average o-line play and the Big 12 is there for the taking. This could be a very special o-line recruiting year.

Reactions: EG-man
@Ketchum , toward the end of year 3 of Smart’s tenure, while he was headed toward another sub-.500 conference season, you declared him a ‘damn good coach’.

Pierce took over a program in worse shape and is doing much better. What is your description of him?
The same.

Same principles apply.

Lebron is amazing. He's not Michael amazing, but absence has drained some of our memories on that...I remember you saying, at one point, that Kobe was more athletic than MJ, so I imagine this falls into that category. If he was doing this in the Western Conference, I might agree....but the teams he is doing this against would be Teams 5-8, at best, in the West....it has been that way for a while. He is tremendous. An absolute FREAK....but he ain't Mike.
a. What does Mike do better? Outside of having six rings, of course.
b. I don't recall ever saying Kobe was a better athlete than Mike. I'm not sure any discussion about that is even relevant to this discussion.

Off your QB list you posted and add Greg Ward, JT Barrett, or Braxton Miller preinjury how many games does Texas win last year?

Do we lost in OT to both USC & Okie St.? Do we lose the close game to the Sooners who were ready to quit in the 4th quarter? Do we lose to Tech?

Ive been harping all year and off season that Herman is a QB away from something special here. Whether thats Ehlinger taking the next step, a grad transfer, or Thompson being so electric with his legs that we cant keep him on the bench.

The dual threat QB in college football in particular a Herman or Hand (Malzahn) offense is an absolute game changer.
Hard to say, honestly.

I could've done without the BAKER MAYFLOER idolatry.

LJ at least deserves some props, even though you overrated him. He has a better chance of being a goat on a farm than he does of being the greatest of all-time.
The loss of Mayfield and what it means to OU football moving forward is kind of a critical storyline going into this season,

De-emphasizing Mayfield's historic play in order to soothe the feelings of Texas fans is counterproductive,

- After Will Grier, every other QB in the Big 12 is a coin flip. We will see which coaches do the best job of getting their guys ready on an equal playing field.

- With all due respect to David Ash, he shouldn’t be the gold standard. QBs have to play better.

- Tre Watson is an instant upgrade to the RB room because he’s an older guy with experience. Should be a wake up call for the other RBs.

- A conference title in three years? Not like you to take a leap of faith.

- If LeBron can get to the finals with these group of JAGs, might as well say he’s the greatest.

- Looks like everyone in the NFL knew Dez’s great days were over. Cowboys finally had to admit the decline most fantasy football owners realized a few years ago.

Reactions: DrHorn98
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT