ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A few apologies need to take place...)

Texas needs to get better, we are several players away from being a great team offensive and defensive lineman not enough bodies. Linebackers need to be more aggressive we need to tackle and quit trying to knock people down. OSU QB was slow as christmas and we still couldn't tackle him.. The Davis and Boyd thing should been handle in house let the team take care of it. It didn't solve anything sitting them on the bench. WE HAD TWO WEEKS TO GET READY FOR THIS GAME AND WE LOOK LIKE WE HAD NEVER PLAYED A GAME. we BETTER WAKE UP OR WE COULD LOSE THE NEXT THREE FOR SURE,
The crazy thing is that there's not an area of the field that I've give the Longhorns better than a C, but they were within three points.

Every player on this team needs to play better if this team is to win its last four games, including the quarterback.

Sam was fine the other night but he wasn't the best quarterback on the field. Texas needs its quarterback to play at that level.
Sam would have broken the rushing record against our D the other night. If you switched teams, OSU wins the game by 40 imo.

Every player on this team needs to play better if this team is to win its last four games, including the quarterback.

Sam was fine the other night but he wasn't the best quarterback on the field. Texas needs its quarterback to play at that level.

Ketch,

If their QB had to face their #4, then Wallace would've not been able to dominate like the way he dominated Boyd and our DBs. Their QB played well, and I think that Sam played well also. The difference was the level of play by their #4 and our #2.

Reactions: TheAssquatch
Whoah. I don’t have a problem with Collin Johnson’s ranking, but good gawd Limas Sweed sticks out to me on that list. Top 4 in the history of the program?

Collin has much better hands than Limas... Limas had some big drops...

Reactions: tsumatt06
DSC_0375.jpg
What's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?

You don't have to pay a hundred bucks to have a garbanzo bean on you.

Some people just hold a grudge.
I was worried that he had it ready to go at 9:30 pm on Sunday night, but passed out on his screen and didn't wake up until Tuesday... thinking it was Monday.

[6th ="matamoroshorn, post: 11339628, member: 6814"]As good as could be expected. I don't need numbers, I can see it with my eyes. Through several passes that you don't usually see on Saturdays. Hit receivers in stride for the most part, no one needed to make circus catches to save him, ran the ball tough.

The three mistakes I remember was (1) not making the DE commit before the pitch on the option play, (2) through a ball out of bounds where the receiver could have made a play and (3) a short hop pass.

Damn good performance if you asked me.
a. I said he was the possibly the best Texas player on the field on Saturday.

b. We're still judging him with training wheels.

c. He has to play better if Texas is going to win out.

We're 2/3 of the way through the season and he ranks.

6th in the conference in efficiency.
6th in yards per attempt.
6th in yards per game.

I know he'splaying well, and he has made real improvements, but this team needs even more.[/QUOTE]
Sam is not the problem, the play calling and scheme are the problems. This is a conservative offense. He will never put up big numbers (QBR) in this offense.

a. I said he was the possibly the best Texas player on the field on Saturday.

b. We're still judging him with training wheels.

c. He has to play better if Texas is going to win out.

We're 2/3 of the way through the season and he ranks.

6th in the conference in efficiency.
6th in yards per attempt.
6th in yards per game.

I know he'splaying well, and he has made real improvements, but this team needs even more.
Sam is not the problem, the play calling and scheme are the problems. This is a conservative offense. He will never put up big numbers (QBR) in this offense.[/QUOTE]
I'm not at all saying Sam is a problem.

Far from it.

I'm just outlining what needs to happen fr Texas to win out.

Sam is not the problem, the play calling and scheme are the problems. This is a conservative offense. He will never put up big numbers (QBR) in this offense.
I'm just outlining what needs to happen fr Texas to win out.

What does Orlando need to do? Why does the defense come out of the gate like crap almost every game? I know we have some personnel issues, but he has to find a way to make something happen. If we play like we did Saturday night, Grier is going to kill us.

What does Orlando need to do? Why does the defense come out of the gate like crap almost every game? I know we have some personnel issues, but he has to find a way to make something happen. If we play like we did Saturday night, Grier is going to kill us.
I think it's three things.

a. Offensive coaching in college football is better than defensive coaching, especially in the Big 12.

b. personnel issues.

c. Some days shit happens.

Reactions: TheAssquatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT