ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Breakdown on each coach on Tom Herman's staff...)

I wouldn't call them extremely talented. That's a big part of the issue right now.
I wouldn't call the group at Baylor extremely talented either but they're in the middle of a 22-23 game winning streak and the #1 team in the country with less talent than what is currently in Austin.

Reactions: dirtman and txfight
I wouldn't call the group at Baylor extremely talented either but they're in the middle of a 22-23 game winning streak and the #1 team in the country with less talent than what is currently in Austin.
what makes you think they have less talent?

I always have doubts about coaches with skins on the wall from places like Ohio State or Alabama or...Great resumes one and all but how much of that is their work and how much of it is being surrounded by elite four and five star players. Difficult to say.
Both.

what makes you think they have less talent?
The recruiting class rankings each have brought in over the last 4-5 years and that Texas simply passed on quite a few of Baylor's top contributors (Butler, Vital, Clarke, Mayer, etc.)

Reactions: East Mall
The recruiting class rankings each have brought in over the last 4-5 years and that Texas simply passed on quite a few of Baylor's top contributors (Butler, Vital, Clarke, Mayer, etc.)
What do your eyeballs tell you?

Reactions: Fansong77
Great breakdown of the coaches I appreciate the background. Seems as though the collective bunch of the new guys are more proven than CTH initial staff coming in. Let’s hope so at least.

Also, thank you for answering my B/S question. If you take QB’s off the table are you still selling on a roster swap? Thanks again.

Great breakdown of the coaches I appreciate the background. Seems as though the collective bunch of the new guys are more proven than CTH initial staff coming in. Let’s hope so at least.

Also, thank you for answering my B/S question. If you take QB’s off the table are you still selling on a roster swap? Thanks again.
It's close. Real close.

Reactions: utsaappt802
I need to watch it again.

Legends is must-stop and watch stuff when it's on.
They are both that way for me. Pitt isn’t really the main character in River Runs Through It, but plays it really well.

@Ketchum

One clarifying question to your answer to my buy or sell....

When you say that we upgraded coordinators at all three phases of the game....

You are meaning Beck to Yurcich and not Herman to Yurcich correct?

I suppose Special Teams couldn't possibly be worse even if we don't know what the assignments are.

I guess my question / doubts have layers to it. Its not that I think this season is all doom and gloom - but a slightly better season doesn't really mean we have the correct head coach to lead us to any real success either.

@Ketchum

One clarifying question to your answer to my buy or sell....

When you say that we upgraded coordinators at all three phases of the game....

You are meaning Beck to Yurcich and not Herman to Yurcich correct?
I mean both at this point.

The narration (done by Redford) which follows the short story makes A River Runs Through It a classic. Great short story by the way.

Reactions: darrenj
What do your eyeballs tell you?
Tbh I have only watched a handful of games this season after watching every second of UT basketball the last 15 years. I know that they are a poorly coached bunch that doesn't really have much of a plan on the offensive end. Many on this board saw it in 2016-17 season and I've 100% known that since the 2017-18 season when we were loaded with talent and ended the year as basically a bubble team.

Reactions: East Mall
Ketch, you know I respect you bud but why are we calling for Karen Astons head?

a. Just a mistake that my proofer didn't catch. :)

b. The Toronto link is fixed.

c. Thanks!
Always good stuff! Had to give you crap about the link because I have probably done that myself 15x....I hate it when that happens!!

I can't say that I know. I'd have to think she'd want top stay in the NBA.
I've wondered if Harmon would go to the college game to be a head coach. I doubt seriously if she will ever be one on the NBA level. I would reach and see if I were TX as I think she would a slam dunk hire.

Rio Rancho is a suburb of Albuquerque. Kind of like Round Rock to Austin. Still weird they had an event there--although that area is a bit of a UFC hotbed, as Jon Jones and Holly Holm, among others, live/train in Albuquerque.

Tbh I have only watched a handful of games this season after watching every second of UT basketball the last 15 years. I know that they are a poorly coached bunch that doesn't really have much of a plan on the offensive end. Many on this board saw it in 2016-17 season and I've 100% known that since the 2017-18 season when we were loaded with talent and ended the year as basically a bubble team.
I just don't see a team with quality coaching or plus players. It's a failure on both ends.

oh, yeah. that's a big miss that deserves a place on the list.

The real question is: Which is the better movie? Legends of the Fall? or River Runs Through It?

I keep changing my mind about it, but in the end I go with Legends.

Clearly the answer is River. He was a fun loving drinker, writer, gambler, fighter, fisherman. Stood up for his minority girlfriend to get in his favorite bar. This vs Luke Skywalker type character that runs away and mopes for large portions of the film. Ketch picking Legends makes it official.

Reactions: bigeye6912
Ketch, you know I respect you bud but why are we calling for Karen Astons head?
Because the program has regressed over the course of the last few seasons and she hasn't really accomplished enough in the last 8 seasons to justify a new deal.

I've wondered if Harmon would go to the college game to be a head coach. I doubt seriously if she will ever be one on the NBA level. I would reach and see if I were TX as I think she would a slam dunk hire.
There's some thought out there that she's closer to getting a head coaching job than you might think.

Rio Rancho is a suburb of Albuquerque. Kind of like Round Rock to Austin. Still weird they had an event there--although that area is a bit of a UFC hotbed, as Jon Jones and Holly Holm, among others, live/train in Albuquerque.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Clearly the answer is River. Fun loving drinker, writer, gambler, fighter, fisherman vs Luke Skywalker type character that runs away and mopes for large portions of the film. Ketch picking Legends makes it official.
lol

Luke Skywalker character?

oh, yeah. that's a big miss that deserves a place on the list.

The real question is: Which is the better movie? Legends of the Fall? or River Runs Through It?

I keep changing my mind about it, but in the end I go with Legends.
Legends of the Fall May be one of the worst movies ever made. Good lord.

Yes, likes to run away away when he gets sad. Refuses to be the character the audience wants him to be for most of the movie.
I'm not sure I felt that way at all.

This is new territory for him.

I don't know if it is completely new for him here at UT. He did make the hire of the HC for softball. White was no "up an comer" but a bonafide coach at at Top program in women's softball that CDC enticed to come here (yes I know its just softball). Can we at least wait until he hires a dud before acting like he has no chops hiring people.

I don't know if it is completely new for him here at UT. He did make the hire of the HC for softball. White was no "up an comer" but a bonafide coach at at Top program in women's softball that CDC enticed to come here (yes I know its just softball). Can we at least wait until he hires a dud before acting like he has no chops hiring people.
Yeah, but dollars involved in this are quite different. Aston makes pennies compared to the nation's elite and if Texas wants elite, it's going to cost them beyond the scale of what they've previously been committed to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT