ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Consider me shocked by CDC's bold hire...)

You are a real pro Ketch, but:
1) Who is Ron Swanson....explain it to me like I’m 5?
2) May I ask how you broke your jaw...again, I must be asleep at the wheel?
1. Swanson is a very popular character from the TV show Parks and Rec. He would have made an awesome Orangebloods poster.

2. Had a wisdom tooth taken out 13 weeks ago and my jaw was broken in the process. It's taken three months to get the right prognosis.

Thomas played an amazing game after re-watching.

USC had the best team on paper with two stud NFL bound RBs and a Heisman QB. I cant believe we still beat that team.

Pete made a few questionable calls on 4th down and throwing the ball versus running to keep the clock going was odd.

Our 4th down stop in the 4th quarter might be the best play in modern UT history, IMHO.
My recollection on that 4th down play is the spot was extremely generous to USC. Refs tried hard to give them the first.

Its really a boring story. You should claim that you were so bored from the lack of sports that you got drunk and tried out your old skateboard....

:rolleyes:
I never had a skateboard. I was always kind of terrified of them.

Reactions: jah4550
1. Swanson is a very popular character from the TV show Parks and Rec. He would have made an awesome Orangebloods poster.

2. Had a wisdom tooth taken out 13 weeks ago and my jaw was broken in the process. It's taken three months to get the right prognosis.
Thx for filling in dumb guy. And JESUS F’ing CHRIST...how the hell does that happen? Wow, get better soon...sounds like you have some tedious days ahead.

Not a splash hire, but the way every hire should be at The University of Texas!!!??
Not a splash hire, but the way every hire should be at The University of Texas!!!??
Coach of the year in 2018 and in final four year after year, "not a splash hire?" Just out of curiosity what is your definition of a "splash hire?"

Thx for filling in dumb guy. And JESUS F’ing CHRIST...how the hell does that happen? Wow, get better soon...sounds like you have some tedious days ahead.
Honestly, it hasn't been that bad, but today is the first day I've truly been hungry.

Reactions: ball911
@Ketchum

I'm not sure you can actually have a Home Run Hire outside of the Top 3 Sports

Not shooting down this hire at all / but I'd rather have 1 Home Run Hire in Football than 15 Hires just as good as the one that was just made, including Basketball and Baseball..... That's to your sentiment of CDC being judged on the bigger sports / but possibly that comment can't be made "Home Run Hire" in such a second tier sport.
Women’s Basketball is the Face of Texas Women’s Athletics (Much like Football on the men’s side) which makes THAT coaching Hire is the Biggest priority and Worth spending the 2.5 million I feel Coach Schaefer will now be paid.

Reactions: DrHorn98
Coach of the year in 2018 and in final four year after year, "not a splash hire?" Just out of curiosity what is your definition of a "splash hire?"
I mean every hire at the University of Texas should be a splash hire. We have more resources then anyone!! That should be our expectations!! Not average or just good enough. Mike White has been great and I expect Vic Schaefer to be that way also!!
When Shaka is replaced it should be a splash, not good enough!!

Reactions: DrHorn98
if Sam Ehlinger never plays another down at The University of Texas, he'd still rank as one of the best young men that has ever served this program.

@Ketchum, you aren’t hinting that you think Sam leaves if this season isn’t played, are you?

Honestly, it hasn't been that bad, but today is the first day I've truly been hungry.
Seems like a good time to corn teen and heel all at the same time. Hang in there, man.

The actor’s name is Nick Offerman, married to actress Megan Mullaly. I’m sure you’ve seen them in the Dish Network “Sling”commercials where they talk about “slinging” like its “swinging.”

Great job Ketch! Hope you get better soon and here's to a speedy recovery! Love Story Time with Ketch! More please!! If you can retell the big time RB from Cali that choose Colorado over Texas recruiting stories of that recruitment!!

"I didn't think Chris Del Conte had this hire in him."
Why not? The guys been all aces since he arrived here. He doesn't make knee-jerk decisions but he has never indicated a lack of stones.

And here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

The actor’s name is Nick Offerman, married to actress Megan Mullaly. I’m sure you’ve seen them in the Dish Network “Sling”commercials where they talk about “slinging” like its “swinging.”
Oh geeze, of course. Thanks.

Reactions: cooleyo
Let me put it like this... the wiring might be the least negative thing that's happened.

I'm not in pain now and in the last 13 weeks, I've been in nothing but pain.

I am sure you know this butt all that is highly unusual. So exceedingly unusual that seems hard to believe you were not given an x-ray very early in the process that wood have made it abundantly clear.

Believe it or not butt your bro hear knows a lot about this subject. That is a really messed up situation and it sounds like there was a douche move somewhere.

Reactions: TheAssquatch
Great job Ketch! Hope you get better soon and here's to a speedy recovery! Love Story Time with Ketch! More please!! If you can retell the big time RB from Cali that choose Colorado over Texas recruiting stories of that recruitment!!
You got it.

"I didn't think Chris Del Conte had this hire in him."
Why not? The guys been all aces since he arrived here. He doesn't make knee-jerk decisions but he has never indicated a lack of stones.

And here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
I didn't think the time and place would allow for it.

I am sure you know this butt all that is highly unusual. So exceedingly unusual that seems hard to believe you were not given an x-ray very early in the process that wood have made it abundantly clear.
It's been brutal, man.

I had an x-ray two weeks before it was diagnosed officially and the surgeon still missed it.

Ketch a few weeks ago you said Aston would get a 2 year ext i am so happy you were wrong. CDC just made a big time hire & i know it is women's BB & Softball but he stepped up big when he had a chance to make a big time statement

Ketch a few weeks ago you said Aston would get a 2 year ext i am so happy you were wrong. CDC just made a big time hire & i know it is women's BB & Softball but he stepped up big when he had a chance to make a big time statement
Yup, I thought the easiest thing to do in a pandemic was just kick the can down the road.

w-r-o-n-g

Thanks for the storytime with Uncle Ketch, @Ketchum .... oddly enough I remember that bar. Didn’t know it would be the football team’s hangout at that time. Sorry to hear about your broken jaw, and I know the cutback on pain pills ain’t too good. You and @Anwar Richardson are really scaring me about the loss of football funds and how it might kill sports in the Big XII. I hope it will not hurt Texas even though CDC just showed Women’s BB that “ We’re Texas” so everybody else can just get over it. Assuming we do get back to normal by football season, Shaka better be ready to make a Final Four run at the least... CDC has spoken..... I just hope we have a season ....

Reactions: Anwar Richardson
Thanks for the storytime with Uncle Ketch, @Ketchum .... oddly enough I remember that bar. Didn’t know it would be the football team’s hangout at that time. Sorry to hear about your broken jaw, and I know the cutback on pain pills ain’t too good. You and @Anwar Richardson are really scaring me about the loss of football funds and how it might kill sports in the Big XII. I hope it will not hurt Texas even though CDC just showed Women’s BB that “ We’re Texas” so everybody else can just get over it. Assuming we do get back to normal by football season, Shaka better be ready to make a Final Four run at the least... CDC has spoken..... I just hope we have a season ....
Good stuff.

Hell, you ain't the only one scared.

Reactions: Smootus
I hope we have a season, too. We will need to make a lot of progress in a short period of time.

Reactions: Smootus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT