ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Covering both sides of the Chris Ash fence...)

2004 (Out) Bull Reese, (In) Greg Robinson

There were a lot of questions about this hire because Robinson had flamed out at the defensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs after winning two Super Bowls as the defensive coordinator with the Denver Broncos. It proved to be an incredible hire, as I'd personally rate Robinson as the best defensive coordinator in school history based on the job he did in both 2004 and in 2013.

Buy or Sell: You would have liked a rehire of a 68 year old Greg Robinson more than an Ash hire...

Riiiight.

But, were they ranked?

Perhaps not getting all up in your feelings and using your non-emotional brain would make for a better post.

You literally didn't quote anything you disagreed with. You just got into your feelings.

There really wasn't any reason to be rude.
For someone who for years has made a career from being rude here, on the radio, and on twitter, you sure do have thin skin these days. My comment was subtle, but accurate.

What I disagree with is you misleading your readers here into thinking that Louisville not being RANKED is a meaningful fact.

To be clear, you were correct in stating that Louisville was NOT ranked in the subjective AVCA Coaches Poll at the end of the regular season.

Do you realize that the AVCA poll is NOT used by the NCAA volleyball selection committee? This is no different than the men's and women's hoops committees who do not use human polls as criteria for their brackets.

The volleyball committee uses metrics like RPI, SOS, nittygritty, etc.when they form their bracket. They only seed the Top 16 teams, unlike hoops where they seed all 64 teams. Louisville was not SEEDED as one of the Top 16 teams. But, Louisville was ranked Top 25 in RPI; that should tell you where they fell as far as their regular season strength. And, as I noted, Louisville had just beaten the number 15 national seed on the road; so, they were a team who was playing well and had momentum.

Heck, a few years ago, BYU was not seeded, but made it all the way to the national championship match.

For someone who for years has made a career from being rude here, on the radio, and on twitter, you sure do have thin skin these days. My comment was subtle, but accurate.

What I disagree with is you misleading your readers here into thinking that Louisville not being RANKED is a meaningful fact.

To be clear, you were correct in stating that Louisville was NOT ranked in the subjective AVCA Coaches Poll at the end of the regular season.

Do you realize that the AVCA poll is NOT used by the NCAA volleyball selection committee? This is no different than the men's and women's hoops committees who do not use human polls as criteria for their brackets.

The volleyball committee uses metrics like RPI, SOS, nittygritty, etc.when they form their bracket. They only seed the Top 16 teams, unlike hoops where they seed all 64 teams. Louisville was not SEEDED as one of the Top 16 teams. But, Louisville was ranked Top 25 in RPI; that should tell you where they fell as far as their regular season strength. And, as I noted, Louisville had just beaten the number 15 national seed on the road; so, they were a team who was playing well and had momentum.
There's no getting away from the fact that Louisville wasn't a seeded team, which means they weren't one of the top 16 teams in a 32-team tournament.

We can debate how meaningful that is, but it's a fact that they didn't come into this thing rated as a top half of the tournament team.

p.s. I have no idea why you're being so rude and insulting about this.

There's no getting away from the fact that Louisville wasn't a seeded team, which means they weren't one of the top 16 teams in a 32-team tournament.

We can debate how meaningful that is, but it's a fact that they didn't come into this thing rated as a top half of the tournament team.

p.s. I have no idea why you're being so rude and insulting about this.
You have now switched your wording from "ranked" to "seeded". At least you gleaned that from my replies to you.

Do you remember that an unseeded BYU volleyball team made it to the national championship match a few years ago? Upsets happen in sports. You remember Villanova beating Georgetown, right? Or NC State beating Houston?

You calling me rude because I stated you could have done some research instead of spending time on Oscar fluff pales in comparison to your tweets about Ole Miss and Kim Mulkey, just to name a few.

Last edited:
You have now switched your working from "ranked" to "seeded". At least you gleaned that from my replies to you.

Do you remember that an unseeded BYU volleyball team made it to the national championship match a few years ago? Upsets happen in sports. You remember Villanova beating Georgetown, right? Or NC State beating Houston?

You calling me rude because I stated you could have done some research instead of spending time on Oscar fluff pales in comparison to your tweets about Ole Miss and Kim Mulkey, just to name a few.
Have a nice night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT