ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Covering both sides of the Chris Ash fence...)

Well, you got your wish re Liverpool/Real Madrid. Will be great to watch!

Mia san Mia

You make a good point. As OU's defensive improvement showed, you can play a whole lot faster if you know exactly what to do and don't have to think about it.

We may not have nearly as much elite talent on offense as Horn fans think we do. Outside of Duvernay, it's a big stretch to claim any of our other offensive starters is an elite player compared to others around the nation.
This is what don' understand as Tx loses 2 starting OLmen off a very average offensive line plus the 2 top Wideouts. I just don't get what is making the offense much better next year? Scheme? Well who is Herman hiring? Otherwise I don't get it.

yes but as a whole the performance was more than manageable and actually good compared to previous seasons. The sacks were so often on head-swimming Roschon Johnsons or backup TEs, etc. It’s easy to forget the praises we were all singing about Herb Hand to start the year. The falloff down the stretch was concerning but the overall OL product this year was notably improved.
Also, many of the sacks were coverage sacks. With no CJ on the field Duvernay was often double covered and our other WR’s ran predictable, easy to cover, routes. Poor WR coaching was 2nd only to poor DB coaching at Texas in 2019.

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
The List: My Updated Oscars Rankings... ???? o_O

Ketch, what in the hell is wrong with you? This is a football board NOT a snowflake quite place. :confused::(

Do we have an idea what Ash will do in context of bowl game prep and in game coaching? Might we expect to see even an inkling of something like better tackling fundamentals v. Utah? Especially from the secondary Ash's position coaching background?

Also, many of the sacks were coverage sacks. With no CJ on the field Duvernay was often double covered and our other WR’s ran predictable, easy to cover, routes. Poor WR coaching was 2nd only to poor DB coaching at Texas in 2019.
Every team has coverage sacks on the ledger. Texas allowed by far the most sacks in the Big 12 this year.

Reactions: EG-man
Do we have an idea what Ash will do in context of bowl game prep and in game coaching? Might we expect to see even an inkling of something like better tackling fundamentals v. Utah? Especially from the secondary Ash's position coaching background?
I don't believe he'll be heavily involved.

Reactions: Cure4BizCancer
Formal movie critics don't sway me. Not trying to be rude at all. Just a difference of opinion here. I usually like Tarantino but this one seemed to be gratuitous, poor use of actual events and I kept waiting for something substantive to happen. Perhaps my perspective is a bit skewed having been at an impressionable age when the actual murders occurred or maybe I forgot it was Tarantino and thought it was gonna be more thought-provoking. I did enjoy all the nostalgia infused in the film though. But everything else was a dud for me. Looking forward to seeing Parasite.
Did you like Inglorious Basterds?

This is what don' understand as Tx loses 2 starting OLmen off a very average offensive line plus the 2 top Wideouts. I just don't get what is making the offense much better next year? Scheme? Well who is Herman hiring? Otherwise I don't get it.
Eagles and Epps will (should) be much better (hopefully more consistent), and you add in Whitt and Jake and maybe Washington and our WR corp will be salty! RB group will be much better. These guys, plus a few new wrinkles in scheme and better play-calling make up for a loss of OL leadership IMHO.

It's interesting in that most people who said they didn't like the movie on this site mentioned growing up during the time of the murders as a factor in their feelings.
I agree. Perspective is always integral in just about everything in life, no?

Eagles and Epps will (should) be much better (hopefully more consistent), and you add in Whitt and Jake and maybe Washington and our WR corp will be salty! RB group will be much better. These guys, plus a few new wrinkles in scheme and better play-calling make up for a loss of OL leadership IMHO.
I feel like that's the kind of thing that was being said about the defensive losses of 2018.

Reactions: darrenj
@Ketchum are you taking Harrell or the field if you had to bet today?
@McGuapo

51T1MBM2AKL.jpg

Reactions: Rickstacopy
Knives out should be on the list.

Put me in the overrated camp for once upon a time. Saw it, liked it, don't want to see it again. Rarely do you not want to see a QT film again.

How many times have you seen it GK?

Disagree that RoJo did not bring it every time he got a chance to play. His playing time was very restricted in some games, but he gave it his all every down.

Knives out should be on the list.

Put me in the overrated camp for once upon a time. Saw it, liked it, don't want to see it again. Rarely do you not want to see a QT film again.

How many times have you seen it GK?
a. I need to see Knives Out.

b. I saw Hollywood twice in the theater.

Reactions: Dreshorn
Disagree that RoJo did not bring it every time he got a chance to play. His playing time was very restricted in some games, but he gave it his all every down.
Performance is what I'm speaking of, not effort.

I feel like that's the kind of thing that was being said about the defensive losses of 2018.
Thats exactly what was being said about the defense this past summer. I hope it turns out better for the offense next yr! Those are big losses on the line and wideouts. A lot of ifs going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT