ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Explaining Flood's Obsession With Monsters)

I've told this story before, but I used to work with this dude named Brian at Bert's BBQ.

He was a tough as nails kind of guy that never really talked a lot, but he was probably 6-4ish and generally looked like he used to hang out with The Clash kind of crowd.

One day one of his friends asked me if I had every heard the story of him getting into a fight with Dronett.

Apparently, Dronett walked into the Bert's on MLK and ordered a T-man and when he got to the register said that he wasn't going to pay for it and that Brian was going to pay for it. Words were exchanged and they then went out to the parking lot and had an all-time go at each other.

The way I heard the story was that it was pretty much a draw and that they both beat the hell out of each other until it was broken up. Knowing Shane's rep, my eyes were clearly opened.

Did a little checking around with some of the old timers at Bert's and they confirmed the story.
What a great story. Gosh I miss the T man special. Would order it all the time during High School( I graduated from Austin High in 1984). Dang it was good!!

Serenity will still be doing videos with us, but we'll be changing things up.

the player interviews in season were great and still really cool you sponsored Ivan before he ever did anything he did in 2022.

I understand changing it up, was there any particular reason why? were they mot
Popular? I thoroughly enjoy all the YouTube content across OB mods/sports

Reactions: msbbo421
the player interviews in season were great and still really cool you sponsored Ivan before he ever did anything he did in 2022.

I understand changing it up, was there any particular reason why? were they mot
Popular? I thoroughly enjoy all the YouTube content across OB mods/sports
They just weren't popular enough.

@Ketchum I know you spend a lot of time with the rankings and also with the attributes that make a kid successful from a measurables standpoint of the bottom 10 in the class could you name 1 offensive and 1 defensive player you think have the traits to outperform their rankings.

@Ketchum I know you spend a lot of time with the rankings and also with the attributes that make a kid successful from a measurables standpoint of the bottom 10 in the class could you name 1 offensive and 1 defensive player you think have the traits to outperform their rankings.
spencer and burrell are underrated.

Reactions: DKinnamon
How can we not get the color correct!???

Earl's burnt orange is a thing of beauty!!!!

(Sell) Shawn Watson has to be on the list. So, does Larry Mac Duff. Koening probably has to be on the list because he was on the staff for less than a year before being fired by Charlie Strong. That leaves only one space. I might have Bobby Jack Wright on the list, just for his one season as defensive coordinator in 1997. That's probably not fair to Wright, who was a good coach and recruiter before he was promoted to defensive coordinator, but the decision by John Mackovic to hire him basically cost Mackovic his job 11 months later.
Ryan Nunez has to be on the list. I don’t really remember his recruiting but his offensive lines were terrible. He made McWhorter look like the second coming of Jesus.

I actually haven't seen it, but your review and a few other people giving it high remarks in this thread will make me watch it this week... so, thanks in advance!
It's a must imo! It's right up there with No way Home as far as best Phase 4 movies so far!

Reactions: Ketchum
That is both a great and terrible story at the same time!
I know. It remains one of my greatest regrets and embarrassments of my life. I can still hear the soulful wail of Backsliders Wine every time I think of that day (every year of my life). I repeated it over and over and over again, assuming we were getting slaughtered.

I swore I would never do something like that again. And then the Patriots played the Falcons in the Super Bowl. I am a huge Brady fan ( big deal ….who isn’t….right!).

Anyway Methodist Hospital gave my wife and I tickets on the 50. I spoke to Roger Clemens as I got close

I know. It remains one of my greatest regrets and embarrassments of my life. I can still hear the soulful wail of Backsliders Wine every time I think of that day (every year of my life). I repeated it over and over and over again, assuming we were getting slaughtered.

I swore I would never do something like that again. And then the Patriots played the Falcons in the Super Bowl. I am a huge Brady fan ( big deal ….who isn’t….right!).

Anyway Methodist Hospital gave my wife and I tickets on the 50. I spoke to Roger Clemens as I got close
……cont…. to our seats, and Phil Simms was sitting in front of me. Atlanta was killing them, and then, you guessed it After the Falcons scored what would be their last points, I told my wife, “I can’t take this anymore. Let’s beat the traffic jam if we can.”

On the way out of the stadium grounds and well before we made it to our car, we heard the crowd roar behind us, and I thought, no, not again. Well YEP! By the time I heard the click of our car door, it happened, 3 more times.

As I struggled to find a radio station to find out what in the Hell was happening, I heard Jerry Jeff telling me again and again from so long ago, “do not taste……Backsliders Wine no mo”.

People are way more interested in us talking about the players than the players talking about themselves. Turns out First Take has been on for 20 years for a reason,. 🤷‍♂️
Hearing what Majors had for dinner is not must watch viewing.

……cont…. to our seats, and Phil Simms was sitting in front of me. Atlanta was killing them, and then, you guessed it After the Falcons scored what would be their last points, I told my wife, “I can’t take this anymore. Let’s beat the traffic jam if we can.”

On the way out of the stadium grounds and well before we made it to our car, we heard the crowd roar behind us, and I thought, no, not again. Well YEP! By the time I heard the click of our car door, it happened, 3 more times.

As I struggled to find a radio station to find out what in the Hell was happening, I heard Jerry Jeff telling me again and again from so long ago, “do not taste……Backsliders Wine no mo”.
Oh.

My.

God.

I was a freshman in high school and was able to attend the 1977 game at Kyle Field. Earl was a beast. I came up with a friend who’s brother was in school there. We went to the bon fire, drank way too much TJ Swann and had to ride back home in the bed of his dads truck (with the worst hangover of all time) cause our car broke down. His dad was our football coach. We were running gassers for a month as punishment- best of times.

People are way more interested in us talking about the players than the players talking about themselves. Turns out First Take has been on for 20 years for a reason,. 🤷‍♂️
This describes me, but I’m only one person and I’ve never done any research. I think for me it’s just a feeling that It’s mostly all “team speak” and general feel good stuff without a lot of substance. I don’t need to hear about their favorite music or food or that they think the team is working hard and this guy or that guy is standing out etc etc. There’s just not much value in that stuff for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT