ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (FIRE!!!!!!!!)

Not really.

Have things changed from the days when it took a phone call, waiting around, getting a rep, listening to their pitch not to cancel, etc.? The account management page lets you add subscriptions, so it's not like there's a technological issue. The system is designed to make it difficult to cancel.

It's OK, I'm not trying to cancel, but don't pretend it's anything other than an artificial barrier to cancellation.

@Ketchum , on number 3 and to your point.

When you asked @Myers4708 during his 1st podcast about the 05 Captains..here they are:2005 Ahmard Hall,David Thomas,Rodrique Wright ,Vince Young.
Of course all 4 played in the NFL and Ahnard was a freaking Sgt in the Marines. (Studdard and Lyle were captains the next year)

When things are rocking in team sports your captains are looked up to for what they do off AND ON the field during the game.

For Grins here are the 08/09 captains: 2008:Quan Cosby ,Colt McCoy ,Roy Miller,Brian Orakpo 2009: Lamarr Houston , Sergio Kindle Colt McCoy,Jordan Shipley

Reactions: Myers4708
It's fair. That you can't answer the question is why it feels unfair.

Ok, I’ve done a little research and the 2009 Serena match was in the quarter finals of the US Open. She had actually been called for the foot fault making it 15-40 and the umpire then assessed an unsportsmanlike point penalty for her behavior, resulting in her losing the match. One could argue that was more damaging than a game penalty within a set.

John McEnroe was defaulted for behavior during the 4th round of the Australian Open in 1990. He hadn’t realized the rules had changed from 4 warnings to 3 before a disqualification and was shocked as he tried to push the envelope.

Well, that's one commit. You said two. But he's a 2020 recruit that won't sign for another 16 months or so. Would put to much stock in that one.
Malik Hornsby committed too. And to say you wouldn't put much stock in those is silly. A&M is killing Texas in state right now.

Reactions: skindoc2
Malik Hornsby committed too. And to say you wouldn't put much stock in those is silly. A&M is killing Texas in state right now.

Talent knows no boundaries. Only time will tell who will pan out and who will bust. You saw Mack Brown's consecutive top 5 classes from 2009-2012 turn to dust.

Ketch, you seem to be a tennis fan and being a tennis fan myself I would like to respond to your comments regarding the U.S. Open:

First: Spot on on Joke. I think he has a better chance of catching Federer than Nadal if he can stay healthy. Of the big three when all at full strength I would give the edge to Joke. At his best I believe he is the best in history. JMHO

Second: Off base on Serena! Perfect example of "everything is political". Opinions are split down ideological differences (I have my theories why)

Plenty of examples of men, including Nadal, getting called down for coaching in a major. McEnroe got DQed at French Open. I watch a lot of tennis and I've seen plenty of warnings against both genders. Biggest difference is most players let it go and move on. Could the warnings and penalties be more consistent? Of course! they could be more consistent in every sport including NBA and NFL. Speaking of a thief, Serena stole the moment this young lady had dreamed of her entire life. Tying this to sexism if disgusting and Serena's acts during and after the match are a disgrace. The only apology that should be given is Serena to Osaka!! She may be the greatest player in history but she is no champion!

And Oh by the way, Just so I don't come off as sexist, I feel the exact same way about McEnroe. I have spent some time around him and to this day he is still a prick!!

Reactions: Texas Diesel
Did she use foul language?

The bottom line is that you can't doc her a game in that situation. I don't care what she calls him. It's not about him.
It was her third infraction. He didn't want to give her a game, it was her first two infractions that led to the third.

The third is an automatic game. That's the rule.

Reactions: Texas Diesel
I'm not going to come on here and act like I'm a tennis expert and have watched more than a couple of hours since the mid 90's.

I saw the scroll all Saturday night, but finally saw what happened Sunday AM and it was a lol moment. They showed her going off how she wasn't coached and was going off how she wouldn't cheat, then they show her coach saying ~"yeah, 100% I coached her..."

welp....

Then she continues then breaks her racket, then continues. There are reasons those rules are in place. There's NO WAY to watch her response and say that it was appropriate.

If someone wants to argue the rule should be changed/etc. have at it. I don't really care about it one way or the other.

Have things changed from the days when it took a phone call, waiting around, getting a rep, listening to their pitch not to cancel, etc.? The account management page lets you add subscriptions, so it's not like there's a technological issue. The system is designed to make it difficult to cancel.

It's OK, I'm not trying to cancel, but don't pretend it's anything other than an artificial barrier to cancellation.
I mean, just PM me if you ever need anything. I'm always right there at the drop of a hat to handle what is needed.

In my experience the claim of "everyone does it" is typically not a great response.

Everyone on offense but Hand and possibly Meekins.

I'd have to give some added thought to the replacements. A new OC will want to bring one of his guys if he's worth a damn.

Might be a good discussion topic for the podcast?!?!

No kidding. Double overtime, 3 point loss against #4 USC on the road last year meant nothing for UT but a tough, bitter loss in the final analysis. So it is with the Aggies losing to Clemson at home last night. Once again, just couldn't get it done at Kyle.
aggie got it done, the refs blew it

And it might actually be better if Hand looked hard at Okafor at guard. 2 games in and the trend seems to be that Rodriguez or Kerstetter are going to be the weak link at RG.

Thanks for at least trying to get this thread back to Texas football and off of womens' tennis!

k.

You're projecting thoughts and opinions that don't exist.

I've stated Serena was out of line. As was the official, who made the event about his officiating.

They are not mutually exclusive, no matter how hard some if you might try to make it so.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was discussing people in general. I am not projecting anything. I am talking about every reaction we have to every scenario is a choice. If we choose to overreact then that is on us. We need to own it and not make excuses justifying our behavior. Too many people play the entitled card, victim card, blame card etc...

I am also not trying to make anything mutually exclusive. Read my point again I said both were out of line. Now you're projecting thoughts and opinions that don't exist.

agree, year two is an indicator year and the small sample, two games, thus far this season does not reflect well for the coaching staff. Tulsa is either stronger than we all thought, which will be revealed in the coming weeks or we are truly poorly coached...myself and many others all thought the Tulsa game would be a 'down hill'' game with 'run away train" results. When this didn't happen my personal imaginary 'red flag' is at full mast...CTH needs to do whatever is necessary to right this ship immediately or we do need to move on and start over, year two is the indicator year. Personally im pulling for CTH to do well this season...hope it works out.

Enjoyed the piece, but can I have the last 12 pages of my life back?

Tom Herman needs to get him a legit Offensive Coordinator or call the plays himself. Yes Lincoln Riley and Jimbo Fisher are having the kind of success that Tom should be having and also Major Applewhite and look who he has calling plays......Kendall Briles. We have too much talent here at Texas and stand a chance on losing recruits from the 2019 class that we have already. I try to give Tim Beck the benefit of a doubt but he can't seem to put the best players on the field or he calls stupid plays, like 3 running plays in a row. We have a receiving corps that's just as good or better that any in the big 12 but is used poorly by whom ever. The defense is playing lights out but that can only go so far before big plays from the other team starts to happen ie the Tulsa game. So someone with so sort of influence please give it a though. Hell bring back Greg Davis for retirement, he can't do any worst. Hook'em Horns and now the flood gates are open for your silly remarks folks. Letting you know I have heard it all for the majority that troll the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT