ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (First-ballot OB HOF Class)

Originally posted by AustinTransplant:
Any HOF class without The Giant Baba is incomplete. Guy called Mean Gene Chizik to Texas before he a blip on anybody's radar.
He was under serious consideration. One of my favorite posters.

I've often wondered how back Mack Brown had it in for the websites covering the longhorns but to hear a specific poster would send him in to a temper tantrum makes me elated that he is gone. The head coach at the gosh darn University of Texas shouldn't give a piss about some internet poster. No offense to utx, because I appreciate his input. Down right pitiful!

Originally posted by gunfighter8:
I've often wondered how back Mack Brown had it in for the websites covering the longhorns but to hear a specific poster would send him in to a temper tantrum makes me elated that he is gone. The head coach at the gosh darn University of Texas shouldn't give a piss about some internet poster. No offense to utx, because I appreciate his input. Down right pitiful!
It last almost a decade with utx. He represented all "insiders" to Mack, good, bad or in the middle.

Geoff, could you elaborate on the following:

… After watching the back-up quarterbacks today, I don't know what the hell this team will do at the position if David Ash goes down.

Went to the practice with a couple of friends of mine who didn't have as much background on our QB situation(they are both self admitted SEC homers) and both seemed to think that based just on the practice today(they have not read OB or followed Texas football in great detail) that the gap between Ash and Swoopes was much narrower than what they expected and that their performances today were pretty much a wash. It sounds like you interpreted their performances differently.

No list will gain 100% acceptance, so "it's your lost, do what you want" was my motto.

Not everyone liked Pete Rose, but can't ignore his stats. Since your business revolves around volume... i can see why it has been good for business to have controversy at times. Would be a boring board if we all just shut up and agreed.

utx's posts over the last year or 2 have almost all been some form of the phrase 'I hate Mack Brown'. It's horrific. Given that this HoF clearly is about notoriety and not posting quality I think all selections are worthy. Lots of good stories behind that list.

My personal biggest snub: wb3032. He's probably the only poster who can give CS a run for his money when it's come to generating a multi-page thread with every post.

Originally posted by jrcrow2000:
Geoff, could you elaborate on the following:

… After watching the back-up quarterbacks today, I don't know what the hell this team will do at the position if David Ash goes down.

Went to the practice with a couple of friends of mine who didn't have as much background on our QB situation(they are both self admitted SEC homers) and both seemed to think that based just on the practice today(they have not read OB or followed Texas football in great detail) that the gap between Ash and Swoopes was much narrower than what they expected and that their performances today were pretty much a wash. It sounds like you interpreted their performances differently.
Neither guy really had a great day today, but Ash's comfort zone in the speed of the game is much different.

I agree that someone that ignites discussion is good if not universally liked - I actually think CS is quite a good poster even though I don't always agree with his takes on situations.

But someone whom uses the term "strawman" in about 75% of his disagreements with other posters, but whom completely misuses the term near 80% of the time, all the while insulting other posters because they don't understand the meaning of the term "strawman" does not a hall of fame poster make.

Originally posted by o5prey:
I agree that someone that ignites discussion is good if not universally liked - I actually think CS is quite a good poster even though I don't always agree with his takes on situations.

But someone whom uses the term "strawman" in about 75% of his disagreements with other posters, but whom completely misuses the term near 80% of the time, all the while insulting other posters because they don't understand the meaning of the term "strawman" does not a hall of fame poster make.
Enough. Your opinion is squarely on the record.

I think Caleb Bluiett is going to contribute on the DL and have a productive year. I bet he's going to prove to be not so far behind Shiro Davis.

Wow!!!!

Just seeing this and that's awesome company and pretty damn cool!

The "I hate these 5 posters" thread was so awesome on every level. Wish we had that in the classics. One of you guys had to save that thread, right?

Originally posted by LilBigDaddy:
"utx (Member since June 27th, 2003)

Why he makes the list: Widely considered to be the original Orangebloods message board insider and a guy that absolutely drove Mack Brown nuts.

My favorite moment: Any time a former UT assistant coach called and told me that a post from utx had sent Mack into an unstable emotional state and it happened more than once over the years."

Mack's problem with message boards and controlling the message was a lot worse than I thought. Good Lord that is unbelievable.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Still enjoy his newsletter. I remember back in the day when it would come in the mail.

Great write-up as usual Ketch.

Visions of Johanna

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Blowin' in the Wind

Like a Rolling Stone......

Are the only ones that would have made my list but it is a VERY hard one to do I suppose. Taste and styles certainly differ from listener to listener. Some glaring omissions(IMHO)....

Tangled Up in Blue
I Shall be Released
Simple Twist of Fate
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

Good read on the Hall of Fame class. That really should be though a true offseason topic when there's no football to discuss.

On top of that, I think a good offseason weekly feature would be looking back at a classic post or topic on Orangebloods that captivated the membership, kind of like a greatest moments reflection. Reading about Iceman in the original post, I remember his classic troll post on "Texas to the ACC" which was done in the format of an actual news article.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Stealuface:
Are the only ones that would have made my list but it is a VERY hard one to do I suppose. Taste and styles certainly differ from listener to listener. Some glaring omissions(IMHO)....

Tangled Up in Blue
I Shall be Released
Simple Twist of Fate
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
all were seriously under consideration as of this morning

Wait your telling me TS is still at QB? If you read this board you would think he was a TE by now.

awesome.

1) checking my posting ability

2) jrcrow2000 - I was there today and I thought that Ash's accuracy and simply his command of the team and timing of delivery was a good step above Swoopes/Heard. Not All American level or anything, but just very noticeable. I was happy with what I saw from Swoopes, was the best I've seen him, and was a bit underwhelmed with Heard, but that's probably just because I was more hoping that he'd be ready to step in because I'm still worried about Ash and his concussion issue from last season.

Originally posted by LonghornCPA82:
Congrats Ericg on HOF,

I think you need to do something with that Miley picture and Ketch.
56VOoh.gif

Yay, let's celebrate a poster who makes personal attacks against other members on the DAILY.

My respect for this site has gone down so much.

I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to most people, but I just can't believe we are really "enshrining" people who don't just "stir the pot," they literally call people derogatory and demeaning names ALL THE TIME.

Congrats to Echeese. You've earned it! Apparently.

Utx, Rayg (RIP brother), Iceman, EricG, EL Mahico... I think yall are all GREAT posters, and I'm mentioning yall because I'm more familiar with yall. I think yall are GREAT for this board. I wish all of yall would post more often.

Sorry if I feel a little bitter about a couple of people in the induction class, though.

Originally posted by HookEmHorns11:
I remember BigDD and the muscle photos. That was great. I miss BigDD. Where did he go?
He's around.

Thanks Ketch.

With Green Mile & Poona backing up DT Texas has depth if we can get them on the field (hurry up).

We'll see what Coach Watson is able to do with the TEs. Not worried yet.

LBs: One view would be that it's going to be c. 8 months from last season to this season so I'm not certain "rapid development" is called for. If the DL plays as well as I think it may I'm not certain how many "game changing" plays will be required by the LBs. I'm also not convinced there will be more than 2 LBs on the field more than 40% of the time, or that they don't have tons of talent in Hicks, Edmond, DeMarco, Tevin Jackson, Peter Jinkens, Dalton Santos, etc.

I really like the Shipley/Johnson combo and believe the Foreman, Leanord, and Warrick group have all kinds of upside. I'm excited about this position group.

If D. Harrison gels the OL suddenly looks much better. I think the QBs are in very good hands with Watson. I'm excited about this group as well.

Yeah echeese should never be selected, let alone first ballot. I'd back up that statement but personal attacks, including the thousands that you've actually let him get away with on this site aren't supposed to be allowed.
Echeese can personally attack anyone on a message board as far as I'm concerned. He sends dvd's of the football seasons to troops serving over seas. I'm grateful for the real life things that he has done, not hateful for a silly internet post.

This post was edited on 8/10 11:32 PM by rohde8195

Originally posted by cdunagan051:
Yay, let's celebrate a poster who makes personal attacks against other members on the DAILY.

My respect for this site has gone down so much.

I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to most people, but I just can't believe we are really "enshrining" people who don't just "stir the pot," they literally call people derogatory and demeaning names ALL THE TIME.

Congrats to Echeese. You've earned it! Apparently.

Utx, Rayg (RIP brother), Iceman, EricG, EL Mahico... I think yall are all GREAT posters, and I'm mentioning yall because I'm more familiar with yall. I think yall are GREAT for this board. I wish all of yall would post more often.

Sorry if I feel a little bitter about a couple of people in the induction class, though.
a. echeese isn't perfect by any stretch. If it was the Hall of Perfect Posters, it'd be a short list of inductees. We're all flawed people.

b. He might be hated by some, but he' the most prolific poster in the history of the site in terms of post count, no small feat IMO.

c. If you're feeling bitter about this, you're taking it too seriously.

Wow, I really appreciate the honor! Orangebloods has been a special part of my life for almost 13 years for me. FWIW, I've been a member since Oct 2001. I was Porky before I was Iceman. I didn't start the Iceman handle until I entered the jewelry world back in 2007.

Ketch, I can't believe my "Texas Leaving the Big XII" rick roll wasn't your favorite moment. I was worried I was going to get in trouble when it caught fire, forcing Deloss Dodds to publicly declare Texas was not leaving the Big XII to join the ACC.
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT