ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (First-ballot OB HOF Class)

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by cdunagan051:
Yay, let's celebrate a poster who makes personal attacks against other members on the DAILY.

My respect for this site has gone down so much.

I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to most people, but I just can't believe we are really "enshrining" people who don't just "stir the pot," they literally call people derogatory and demeaning names ALL THE TIME.

Congrats to Echeese. You've earned it! Apparently.

Utx, Rayg (RIP brother), Iceman, EricG, EL Mahico... I think yall are all GREAT posters, and I'm mentioning yall because I'm more familiar with yall. I think yall are GREAT for this board. I wish all of yall would post more often.

Sorry if I feel a little bitter about a couple of people in the induction class, though.
a. echeese isn't perfect by any stretch. If it was the Hall of Perfect Posters, it'd be a short list of inductees. We're all flawed people.

b. He might be hated by some, but he' the most prolific poster in the history of the site in terms of post count, no small feat IMO.

c. If you're feeling bitter about this, you're taking it too seriously.
I realize I am taking this too seriously. And I actually think you made good choices with MOST of your other picks.

CS doesn't really attack people, he just has opinions that really get to certain people. That is a HOF poster. I don't like most of his opinions and I don't agree with most of them, but he's civil about it, and argues without resorting to name calling or verbal attacks.

To be PERFECTLY honest.. there is one poster who has given more to this board in the last year than 99.9% of posters have in their entire time here, and this will upset people... but JKB. The videos he posts and the "info" he gives us on different words going around high school and college football are invaluable.

If Echeese makes the HOF, one more year of all the greatness JKB brings to the board should put him up there as well.

Just my two cents.

Originally posted by HookEmHorns11:

I remember BigDD and the muscle photos. That was great. I miss BigDD. Where did he go?
I miss BigDD as well. Derek's a very cool guy. When I worked with him on his engagement ring, he told me his priorities had changed, and the time had come to retire the BigDD persona. He's still on the board, but largely as a lurker.

Think your Dylan list needed more Blonde on Blonde...and I think Visions of Johanna is #1. Dylan's a tough nut to crack, though. I don't envy anyone trying to make a top 10 of his music.

Originally posted by ericg320:

Originally posted by LonghornCPA82:
Congrats Ericg on HOF,

I think you need to do something with that Miley picture and Ketch.
56VOoh.gif
Even better than I imagined.

Echeese is the Ty Cobb of the OB Hall of Fame, apparently.

(And for the record, I think he's a good poster and deserves to be in)

wow i just saw this. What an honor. Did not even realize you were doing this. I've been apart of this board since the very beginning, changed my name from ArizonaHorn to El Mahico in 2009. Great list of posters.

I remember echeese and I going at it very early on. We've had our disagreements in the past. Mostly because of slight disagreements about where Texas was headed pre-Vince and then post McCoy. He's a great guy. Loves Texas. Very level headed. I wish he would post more often. I think CS is the polar opposite of him, but brings very good insight to this board as well.

It's great to have some contrast around here. It's part of what makes this board so great.

Again Ketch, it's on honor to be apart of this board.

This post was edited on 8/10 11:58 PM by El Mahico

Originally posted by McGarnagle:
Echeese is the Ty Cobb of the OB Hall of Fame, apparently.

(And for the record, I think he's a good poster and deserves to be in)
The Mextroplex Peach

Originally posted by = Iceman =:

Wow, I really appreciate the honor! Orangebloods has been a special part of my life for almost 13 years for me. FWIW, I've been a member since Oct 2001. I was Porky before I was Iceman. I didn't start the Iceman handle until I entered the jewelry world back in 2007.

Ketch, I can't believe my "Texas Leaving the Big XII" rick roll wasn't your favorite moment. I was worried I was going to get in trouble when it caught fire, forcing Deloss Dodds to publicly declare Texas was not leaving the Big XII to join the ACC.
laugh.r191677.gif
Congrats Lake.

Very nice, congrats. What are the shields gonna look like?

Ketch,

I'm in an ultra competitive league as well. This is year number 16 for the 12 of us. I've been in five championships (1-4). However, I've been in the last three championships using a pretty cool strategy. I'll just say that I prefer to pick in the 7 to 12 range.

I had heartbreak last year. Clinging to a five point lead with less than two minutes in the last game (MNF Atlanta at San Fran.), Tony Gonzales catches a meaningless TD to stick it to me.

Originally posted by El Mahico:
wow i just saw this. What an honor. Did not even realize you were doing this. I've been apart of this board since the very beginning, changed my name from ArizonaHorn to El Mahico in 2009. Great list of posters.

I remember echeese and I going at it very early on. We've had our disagreements in the past. Mostly because of slight disagreements about where Texas was headed pre-Vince and then post McCoy. He's a great guy. Loves Texas. Very level headed. I wish he would post more often. I think CS is the polar opposite of him, but brings very good insight to this board as well.

It's great to have some contrast around here. It's part of what makes this board so great.

Again Ketch, it's on honor to be apart of this board.
a. Duh. I corrected your section to reflect that you are a 6/25/01 arrival. Wowzers. You are a lifer.

b. The honor is all ours.

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:
Very nice, congrats. What are the shields gonna look like?
still developing. Stay tuned.

Originally posted by o5prey:
1) checking my posting ability

2) jrcrow2000 - I was there today and I thought that Ash's accuracy and simply his command of the team and timing of delivery was a good step above Swoopes/Heard. Not All American level or anything, but just very noticeable. I was happy with what I saw from Swoopes, was the best I've seen him, and was a bit underwhelmed with Heard, but that's probably just because I was more hoping that he'd be ready to step in because I'm still worried about Ash and his concussion issue from last season.
Fair enough. I didn't see the entire practice and I was curious to here a variety of opinions.

Originally posted by o5prey:
2) jrcrow2000 - I was there today and I thought that Ash's accuracy and simply his command of the team and timing of delivery was a good step above Swoopes/Heard. Not All American level or anything, but just very noticeable. I was happy with what I saw from Swoopes, was the best I've seen him, and was a bit underwhelmed with Heard, but that's probably just because I was more hoping that he'd be ready to step in because I'm still worried about Ash and his concussion issue from last season.
had almost the same exact thoughts

Final post of the night as it relates t echeese...

To put his posting exploits in perspective, he has nearly 30,000 more posts than Suchomel.

Really fun read, and I like the HOF. Can we expect burnt orange blazers and induction speeches? If anything, you undersold rpongett' contributions. In a lifetime of watching, playing, and reading about football, I've never come across anything that remotely approaches the breakdowns he out together of the UT games in the 2005-2008 era. I rarely learn a thing when I watch a game or football talk show these days. I learned a ton from his work, and he was a talented writer on top of it. He did what I wish the analysts on TV would do.

echeese is awesome, he's made me a better poster and a hell of a lot more cautious about hitting send.

This post was edited on 8/11 12:31 AM by NovoHorn

Regarding Bob Dylan:
I know he has been an amazing songwriter, but I've never cared for his raspy voice. In contrast, Peter, Paul and Mary made great recordings of some of his songs. In particular, their 1963 versions (in their "In the Wind" album") of "Blowin' in the Wind" and "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" are marvelous, the most moving and musically appealing I've ever heard.

rpongett (Member since June 18th, 2001)

My favorite moment:
I still don't know how he did this, but he once created a post that
said, "I hate …" and when people clicked on it, there was a code built
inside that made it so that every person clicking would see their handle
in the body of the post. Holy moly, he nearly created an Internet
nuclear meltdown, as not everyone appreciates that type of humor … I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was one of my top 5 posts on OBs. It was awesome. There were literally long time lurkers commenting on that thread that had never posted before saying stuff like "what the hell? I literally have never posted anything on this board! "

That was one of the classic posts on this board. wish I could go back and read it. I laughed for a few hours on that one.

If no one else is going to say it then I will: The Saved by the Bell tv movie looks like a steaming pile of crap.

I miss Ken/Hornya. He and his wife lived in my neighborhood. Still can't belief he is gone. Great ,man and missed by a lot of people.

It's all over now, baby blue and simple twist of fate have to be on that list.

Blood on the Tracks and Desire are two of the best albums ever made.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Originally posted by DiehardHorn1988:
Originally posted by Sun Tzu Horn:
Not much of a Dylan fan, but Watchtower and Hurricane have to be Top 10 - as in automatic no doubters.
Hurricane for sure. List is completely nullified without it
a few thoughts
a. You'd be surprised at how few top 10 lists the song makes. 13 Dylan songs make Rolling Stone's Top 500 songs of all-time and it's not one of them.
b. I finishes just outside the tp 10 for me and you talked me into putting it in the 19 slot..
Cool, Ill go ahead acknowledge that my movie lists have certainly been influenced by AFIs top 100 lists, OSCAR lists, and a few other choice lists in the movie world so I see where you are coming from when referencing the Rolling Stones lines and what not. Glad to see it slid in at 10.

BTW, great job with OB hall of fame posters and congrats to all. Slim will definitely be in the next group. I also would like to nominate Hornius Emeritus. As Orangebloods is about more than just Texas sports; I have always enjoyed many of the pictures and stories and just good natured things he has posted on the board (41000+ posts). Another for me is Scout88, he doesn't post much anymore, but was an animal posting recruiting stuff back in the day. Always enjoyed reading his posts.

Ketch if anyone on this site is realistic and understands that when a team has a totally new system to learn that it is a dream to expect that team to win a championship. I fully expect this team to be a good team simply because of the coaching and the talent. It takes a while for the kids on that team to gel and know what each other will do in certain situations in the game. If you understand that then you can enjoy this year and if you don't then prepare to be miserable.
As far as Tony Stewart is concerned anyone who thinks he did that on purpose is crazy. Ward walked out onto a track while these cars are still racing. Are you kidding me! Ward caused his own death by doing something stupid. With cars going that fast the driver of those cars are watching the other cars and not looking for someone walking on the track.
If you were watching the PGA last night and didn't enjoy what went on with all the guys in a position to win then you aren't a golf fan. And if someone says it wasn't worth watching because Tiger Woods wasn't part of it then that someone needs to find something else to watch. Tiger is going to have problems getting back to the level he once achieved because of two things. One is that he is older and the other is that the way he has played lately has put a doubt in his mind and when a golfer has just the slightest doubt about his shot then you can hang it up, Loss of confidence is everything in golf and he doesn't have that confidence any more.
This post was edited on 8/11 5:43 AM by golfpr3145

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT