ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Good grief... Clarifying the Quinn Talk...)

Ketch I understand some of your thoughts & I agree that some myself included are more high on Ewers than you but it just seems like you find ways to be more down on the Horns you seem to bring up negatives on Ewers Sark & others.

Examples?

How are you higher on Ewers than I am? I literally said he could end up being a Top 10 NFL quarterback.

(Buy) He's the best player in the NBA. That doesn't mean that didn’t mostly coast the last two months of the season, while not playing much defense, which along with Embiid's historically good season, translated to Jokic not winning the MVP.

This is the exact correct take.

The best player in the NBA does not always win the regular season MVP award. This fact is why Jordan only won 5, LeBron only won 4, and Steve Nash won as many as Shaq and Kobe COMBINED (2).

Reactions: KatyKid
I've been a Man City fan since 1993 and there was no thought then they would ever be top of the table good. Avoiding relegation was a tremendous win back in those days. Amazing what a little oil money can do to change expectations...

@JBalvin Here's an alternative view.

And what was my take that he hated?

It was that Ewers had some pieces of his game that needed time to improve in order for him to emerge as an elite quarterback and that there would be occasional lows on the field.

I'm sure that last year that felt negative... because it was objective.

I was also one of the only people on any website covering Texas football that gave you the needed dose of realism.
Are you on vacation with @drunk randoke ?

Ketch, trying to pick a top 10 for Linda Ronstadt is an impossibility. My personal favorite is her version of Desperado. I reviewed the four "Top" lists you posted and was surprised that only one of them listed Desperado, but at least it was #3 on that list.

This is the exact correct take.

The best player in the NBA does not always win the regular season MVP award. This fact is why Jordan only won 5, LeBron only won 4, and Steve Nash won as many as Shaq and Kobe COMBINED (2).
Embiid ran out of gas and Jokic is about to win a title.

I think Jokic chose correctly.

Take starting quarterback Quinn Ewers is a player that has been written about in the last five days on Orangebloods by @Travis Galey, @Alex Dunlap and @Anwar Richardson in separate columns.

=================================================================================

One of these days I will actually read one of them.

As in I'm tired of the dissection of Ewers the same way every word that Mack Brown spoke used to be scrutinized.

Ewers is a kid who the media rated as the best QB prospect of all time (or close to that), and he had a pretty good year for a guy who should have been a few months out of high school. I imagine he learned a lot about what it takes to start at QB in a big boy football program and he will be significantly better this year (which would mean he was REALLY good). And if he isn't then you guys need to re evaluate how you rate kids in high school.
It's the start of June. The offseason is rough. However, like you, I can't wait to talk about what occurs during the regular season.

I've been a Man City fan since 1993 and there was no thought then they would ever be top of the table good. Avoiding relegation was a tremendous win back in those days. Amazing what a little oil money can do to change expectations...

From geek to sheik. ;)

Linda Freakin Ronstadt! Such a beautiful, powerful voice filled with heart n soul.

To this day I still get goosebumps along with a lump in my throat when I hear "You're No Good" and/or "Blue Bayou."
This list is for you!

Reactions: Baguette
Ketch, trying to pick a top 10 for Linda Ronstadt is an impossibility. My personal favorite is her version of Desperado. I reviewed the four "Top" lists you posted and was surprised that only one of them listed Desperado, but at least it was #3 on that list.
It's a great rendition. I listened to it very early in the week and kind of forgot about it. :(

I'm not sure I apologized.
You kinda did. Even used a gif to essentially apologize for failing some of the fan base, which you didn’t actually do. You can’t fix people with broken brains so don’t apologize.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
First? First! My B/S made the cut!

flounder-oh-boy.gif

Now to read the response (and, you know, the other stuff 😏)... 🤣
4X400 relay team was disqualified, Would have been a 52 point blow out.

Reactions: UTeach and Ketchum
You kinda did. Even used a gif to essentially apologize for failing some of the fan base, which you didn’t actually do. You can’t fix people with broken brains so don’t apologize.
True. I apologized for apparently not being clear enough.

Reactions: McGuapo
Potentially the best in school history.
The first Texas game that I remember watching was the Orange Bowl against Alabama and Joe Namath. Banks is the best freshman UT OL these eyes have witnessed. If he stays healthy, he will be the best in UT history.

I don't think enough has been discussed about replacing agent zero. The first half against Tech he was greatly missed we couldn't get off the field (that targeting call against UTSA total BS). DMO not playing against Washington in the Bowl Game didn't get enough publicity majority of talk about missing RBs. He was one of those glue guys where the stats don't tell the whole story for he defense performance from last year. Most teams schemed around him and that helped with Ford. Now teams will scheme around Ford. We will need another defender to step up.

Reactions: Maarrkk
The first Texas game that I remember watching was the Orange Bowl against Alabama and Joe Namath. Banks is the best freshman UT OL these eyes have witnessed. If he stays healthy, he will be the best in UT history.

That's a real possibility.

I don't think enough has been discussed about replacing agent zero. The first half against Tech he was greatly missed we couldn't get off the field (that targeting call against UTSA total BS). DMO not playing against Washington in the Bowl Game didn't get enough publicity majority of talk about missing RBs. He was one of those glue guys where the stats don't tell the whole story for he defense performance from last year. Most teams schemed around him and that helped with Ford. Now teams will scheme around Ford. We will need another defender to step up.
It's a great point. Careful, someone will accuse you of being too negative, though.

• Haha
Reactions: ARD438
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT