ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Heads need to roll in Waco)

So, who wins? Unfortunately, the herd doesn't sway me. That said, I'm happy to acknowledge that others feel differently about the situation than I do.
I'm never going to make everyone happy. I just go with my instincts.

Sure. What excerpt from my post was intending to convey was that I don't hold Art Briles responsible for the security of women in Waco, TX. That work?
No it doesn't work. Chastity is a word used to describe a state whereby an individual chooses to preserve their virginity. Your use of the word is dripping with sarcasm. We're not talking about chastity but rape, which inherently is a violent, involuntary act.
I'm not. At all. What cause do you think they're championing? Seriously. With all the periphery info, the weeping, the Twitter campaign.... What's the goal? What's the endgame? That's what I mean. What cause is being championed here? Fire Art Briles? For what, exactly? Arrest Art Briles for rape?
I am backing Ketch's call to hold the powers at Baylor, including Briles, accountable who invited this monster onto a college campus and harbored him after an indictment for rape. If a thorough investigation finds Briles responsible for or complicit in inviting a known rapist onto campus and protecting him after another rape on the Baylor campus then he should be fired.

Reactions: cordpetee
I'm never going to make everyone happy. I just go with my instincts.

Man, you don't have to make me happy. That's not the thing. My beef with you directly was more related to BOBA and his dismissal. I feel the way I feel about it and you disagree. It is what it is.

My beef with the O-Bloods staff is that this crusade doesn't feel genuine to me. You hear about the accused rapist heading to Lane College? If this is a genuine crusade and you feel it's your place to comment on all of these situations, please launch a campaign against Derrick Burroughs. Make it about all of these kinds of things and not just about the rival head coach that owns that ass.

Has Derrick Burroughs been fired yet?

Reactions: babyshoe
No it doesn't work. Chastity is a word used to describe a state whereby an individual chooses to preserve their virginity. Your use of the word is dripping with sarcasm. We're not talking about chastity but rape, which inherently is a violent, involuntary act.

I am backing Ketch's call to hold the powers at Baylor, including Briles, accountable who invited this monster onto a college campus and harbored him after an indictment for rape. If a thorough investigation finds Briles responsible for or complicit in inviting a known rapist onto campus and protecting him after another rape on the Baylor campus then he should be fired.

Fair enough.

So, who wins? Unfortunately, the herd doesn't sway me. That said, I'm happy to acknowledge that others feel differently about the situation than I do.
e1a19565a229fdb007acd1fc330fe7b7.jpg

Man, you don't have to make me happy. That's not the thing. My beef with you directly was more related to BOBA and his dismissal. I feel the way I feel about it and you disagree. It is what it is.

My beef with the O-Bloods staff is that this crusade doesn't feel genuine to me. You hear about the accused rapist heading to Lane College? If this is a genuine crusade and you feel it's your place to comment on all of these situations, please launch a campaign against Derrick Burroughs. Make it about all of these kinds of things and not just about the rival head coach that owns that ass.

This.

Reactions: texasguy2310
Then you would be wrong. He accepted this person into his org, he owns it. When I hire someone, I get them and my boss trusts me to make a good decision. If that person turns out to be a bad fit I don't get to blame my boss who is focused on other things.
When you hire someone, they don't pay you monthly to work for you. You pay them. BOBA, like the rest of us, are paying customers. And I don't know how else it has to be beaten into your brain, but he didn't do anything worth being banned. He should be let back on, or refunded his money.

Then you would be wrong. He accepted this person into his org, he owns it. When I hire someone, I get them and my boss trusts me to make a good decision. If that person turns out to be a bad fit I don't get to blame my boss who is focused on other things.

Well, that certainly closes the book on things. Thanks.

facepalm2.jpg

BTW, Art Briles has a 4-3 record vs Texas in his career. Not exactly "owning that ass"....but keep preaching. Sic 'em, right?

1, I've written about the subject of sexual assault in college athletics numerous times. I wrote about Lizzy Seeberg several times. I wrote about the OU situations. I wrote about the UT situations. It doesn't feel genuine tio you because you have a natural disposition against me, personally, that creates that line of thinking.

My history certainly does not suggest that this is a fly-by situation . Honestly, it's insulting, but whatever. Honestly, I don';t expect any better from you based on previous conversations. I've received from you exactly what I would expect with your entrance to the conversation.

2. The situations at Lane College and what happened at Baylor are as different as apples and oranges. Both might be fruit, but some on, you use common sense.

3. Little bit of nuance here, but perhaps if you use some, you'll see how different the situations are.

That being said, I would not personally allow Derric Burroughs into my school and the coach/AD that are need to be asked some serious questions. If anything happens on their watch, that's their ass.

Reactions: Take Dead Aim
1, I've written about the subject of sexual assault in college athletics numerous times. I wrote about Lizzy Seeberg several times. I wrote about the OU situations. I wrote about the UT situations. It doesn't feel genuine tio you because you have a natural disposition against me, personally, that creates that line of thinking.

My history certainly does not suggest that this is a fly-by situation . Honestly, it's insulting, but whatever. Honestly, I don';t expect any better from you based on previous conversations. I've received from you exactly what I would expect with your entrance to the conversation.

2. The situations at Lane College and what happened at Baylor are as different as apples and oranges. Both might be fruit, but some on, you use common sense.

3. Little bit of nuance here, but perhaps if you use some, you'll see how different the situations are.

That being said, I would not personally allow Derric Burroughs into my school and the coach/AD that are need to be asked some serious questions. If anything happens on their watch, that's their ass.

61756692.jpg

When you hire someone, they don't pay you monthly to work for you. You pay them. BOBA, like the rest of us, are paying customers. And I don't know how else it has to be beaten into your brain, but he didn't do anything worth being banned. He should be let back on, or refunded his money.

By subscribing, registering or using the sites, you agree that Rivals and or the publisher(s) and board moderators of the sites have the right, in addition to other rights, to delete your posts or blacklist you or any other user at any time, if they believe that action is in the best interest of the sites, for whatever reason, and the reason need not be disclosed.

And I don't know how else it has to be beaten into your brain, but he didn't do anything worth being banned.
Just because you believe that to be so, doesn't make it automatically so. It was a cumulative thing with him. Enough was enough IMO.

You're his boy. Of course you feel otherwise.

1.) Writing about a sexual assault situation and turning it into a personal crusade are different things. I've already said that I would expect you to write something on the Baylor situation. It's a big deal. The entire sports world is commenting on it. What I wouldn't expect is the crusade it's become when this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I wouldn't expect the Twitter battles you and your staff are trying to drum up. For God's sake, one of your staffers is tweeting Gloria Allred trying to get some engagement. The over the top reaction you've had to this particular situation and to Art Briles, personally, is all I'm talking about. It's strange to me and several others.

You can say it's all me not liking you for whatever reason. My liking you or not (I don't even know you) has no bearing on what I've been posting. You can accept that or brush it all off as just a guy being mean to you. You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for allowing me to continue posting, however.

2.) Help me out there. If anything, it appears the Lane College situation is starting out worse than the Baylor situation started. Of course, that's just based upon what is known right now. If your purpose is to protect women everywhere, then this matters to you. This is worthy of your attention. This is worthy of your tweets. You might actually be able to be a part of preventing something before it ever happens.

3.) Derrick Burroughs is the head coach and AD of Lane College. I'm not sure what the first part of your #3 meant.

Just because you believe that to be so, doesn't make it automatically so. It was a cumulative thing with him. Enough was enough IMO.

You're his boy. Of course you feel otherwise.
I'm not his boy, he's my trap queen. Well, he's Adam's trap queen but still....

You hear about the accused rapist heading to Lane College? If this is a genuine crusade and you feel it's your place to comment on all of these situations, please launch a campaign against Derrick Burroughs. Make it about all of these kinds of things and not just about the rival head coach that owns that ass.

honestly laughing my ass off.

Excellent post.

It's a symptom of a culture that approves men acting like lust-driven teenage boys perpetually. If society deemed the type of language that you mentioned unacceptable, you'd see far less of it. But within the subculture of guys hanging out "being guys", it's normal; which is a sad indictment on where we are overall. Talking about any woman as an object of sexual desire and nothing more dehumanizes her, plain and simple.

Most people have the restraint to not allow their internal thoughts to give birth to the type of horrors that lead to what we've seen in this situation with Baylor, but that is the end of that type of mentality, the same way that murder is the end game of a mind filled with thoughts of anger toward a person or persons. Most don't let it get that far, but the root is the same. Gotta fix the problem at the root if you really want it fixed.
I agree. The problem is "How?". These characteristics are passed down from generation to generation. I was taught to be a racist by the things my parents said and did. (I learned in college how wrong that attitude is.) It is extremely difficult for someone to accept that the people that they love the most in the world have these faults. Many people never do. Something as innocent as "Real men don't cry." has been taught for generations and, as this thread has illustrated, still exist. When the pain is extreme, all people cry. Real question - how many of you "real men" can honestly say that they were able to watch the 911 events without crying about the tragedy? Of those who didn't, how many times did you see your father or grandfather cry?

Profound behavioral changes take generations. In the mean time our only recourse is punishing the offenders and the judicial and penal systems are a farce (6 months for rape). The jails are typically overcrowded and felons are routinely released early to make room for worse felons. More prisons are needed so that felons stay in jail but they cost money and the public usually doesn't want the higher taxes required to build them. (Part of this resistance is probably due to the money that is apportioned into the wallets of the politicians.) Until the judicial system starts really heavily punishing offenders and the penal system actually punishes their charges, nothing will change.

Sorry for the rant. I won't live long enough to see much change. I doubt that my children will. I hope and pray that my grand kids live in a better world and until society changes priorities, I'm not optimistic.

Reactions: unclejemimah
2.) Help me out there. If anything, it appears the Lane College situation is starting out worse than the Baylor situation started. Of course, that's just based upon what is known right now. If your purpose is to protect women everywhere, then this matters to you. This is worthy of your attention. This is worthy of your tweets. You might actually be able to be a part of preventing something before it ever happens.
i'll help you out here, a) because you asked and b) because you seem incapable or unwilling to utilize any form of critical thinking.

the lane college incident is awful, and i feel like that player should not be allowed on the field until the legal process is adjudicated.

that being said, the majority of the ire re: the baylor situation is directed at:
- baylor's shoddy investigation into the rape, and subsequent no punishment (and in effect, punishing the victim)
- briles' allowing the kid to remain on the team after he was indicted for rape (with full knowledge of violent past)...with zero punishment. ie allowing the kid to practice with the team, workout, etc. also, it seems as though briles' lied about what he knew when the player transferred to baylor.

anyways, that means that most people are angry at baylor due to their mishandling and coverup of the rape, and the protection of the accused. they want to punish baylor for their prior bad acts, and they want baylor investigated.

lane college has openly admitted to giving this kid another chance while the legal process is moving forward. i do not agree with it, and it may end up with another college rape. but the two situations could not be more different from each other.

Sexual assault is not acceptable. Who in the world is saying it is? The criminal justice system did its job and the guy has been convicted. None of that is at issue here. Where you and I differ are the targets of our disapproval of the sexual assault and the degree to which we take the situation personally. This case had absolutely nothing to do with me or you. Us having female family members or friends doesn't change that. Everyone in the sports world is talking about this issue, so it's not going anywhere. So, when you and your staff attempt to engage in Twitter battles with anyone that will listen, when you get overly emotional in a piece you write about the situation, when you repeatedly set yourself up as the lone voice of reason and justice when everyone else is silent, it strikes me as odd. It doesn't feel genuine to me. It feels as though you're piggybacking on a story for your own reasons. I don't know you, personally, as a man. I could be off base. I'm just telling you how it's coming across to several people.
This is pretty much how I feel. By using the "I cried" story, which I believe is more likely than not a fabrication, Ketch was able to make it all about him. Look at me. I'm Martin Luther Caesar Chavez B. Anthony, and I deserve a statue and streets named after me, too.

Just how it comes across to me, narcissistic, self-important, and self-serving. Not genuine.

And I don't have an issue with guys crying. I cry all the time watching movies. In about 8 scenes in Braveheart. But who just thinks back about a 5 year old news story and bursts into sobbing tears out of the blue? I find it to be an unlikely and convenient story. Of course, there's no way to prove or disprove it, and that's the beauty of it for Ketch. Nobody ever said he wasn't shrewd. He would make a great politician.

1.) Writing about a sexual assault situation and turning it into a personal crusade are different things. I've already said that I would expect you to write something on the Baylor situation. It's a big deal. The entire sports world is commenting on it. What I wouldn't expect is the crusade it's become when this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I wouldn't expect the Twitter battles you and your staff are trying to drum up. For God's sake, one of your staffers is tweeting Gloria Allred trying to get some engagement. The over the top reaction you've had to this particular situation and to Art Briles, personally, is all I'm talking about. It's strange to me and several others.

You can say it's all me not liking you for whatever reason. My liking you or not (I don't even know you) has no bearing on what I've been posting. You can accept that or brush it all off as just a guy being mean to you. You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for allowing me to continue posting, however.

3.) Derrick Burroughs is the head coach and AD of Lane College. I'm not sure what the first part of your #3 meant.

Journalists take on personal crusades to achieve justice quite regularly. Bill O'Reilly did it to pass Jessica's Law and is doing it now to pass Kates' Law. Ketch's emphasis on the Baylor situation is probably because it is fresh, at a high profile place and down the road. I don't think he gives a rat's ass about Briles' won-loss record against us.

So, I guess that's a no. You won't quote a specific passage of the article and tell me your issues. Just a bunch of generalities.

That's not much of a viewpoint at all.

Cute. Duck the points made and the questions raised and instead, misdirect with insults while pretending you don't understand. Well, at least I hope you're pretending. Because if you don't understand, then an exchange is pointless.

Reply if you want. Boredom has set in. I've lost interest in you.

Reactions: babyshoe
Journalists take on personal crusades to achieve justice quite regularly. Bill O'Reilly did it to pass Jessica's Law and is doing it now to pass Kates' Law. Ketch's emphasis on the Baylor situation is probably because it is fresh, at a high profile place and down the road. I don't think he gives a rat's ass about Briles' won-loss record against us.

Justice? Go on......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT