ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Heads need to roll in Waco)

1.) Writing about a sexual assault situation and turning it into a personal crusade are different things. I've already said that I would expect you to write something on the Baylor situation. It's a big deal. The entire sports world is commenting on it. What I wouldn't expect is the crusade it's become when this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I wouldn't expect the Twitter battles you and your staff are trying to drum up. For God's sake, one of your staffers is tweeting Gloria Allred trying to get some engagement. The over the top reaction you've had to this particular situation and to Art Briles, personally, is all I'm talking about. It's strange to me and several others.

You can say it's all me not liking you for whatever reason. My liking you or not (I don't even know you) has no bearing on what I've been posting. You can accept that or brush it all off as just a guy being mean to you. You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for allowing me to continue posting, however.

2.) Help me out there. If anything, it appears the Lane College situation is starting out worse than the Baylor situation started. Of course, that's just based upon what is known right now. If your purpose is to protect women everywhere, then this matters to you. This is worthy of your attention. This is worthy of your tweets. You might actually be able to be a part of preventing something before it ever happens.

3.) Derrick Burroughs is the head coach and AD of Lane College. I'm not sure what the first part of your #3 meant.

You seem to be on quite the crusade yourself. But I assume you think that's okay because, you know, it's you. Only difference is that your crusade is pretty much pointless as far as I can tell.

I'm never going to make everyone happy. I just go with my instincts.
I have waited a few days to ask this.

Serious question. Have you reached out or sent anyone to Washington to try and speak directly with Chris Peterson ? Have you filed any paperwork requesting all the internal Boise State athletic Dept. emails pertaining to this ? Also is it not a Title 9 violation if Boise knew Sam had hit or chocked his girlfriend and did not document the abuse ( hitting and chocking her) . Also is it not a Title 9 violation to not report this abuse ( hitting and chocking her ) to the police ?

Reactions: pureorangeblood
You seem to be on quite the crusade yourself. But I assume you think that's okay because, you know, it's you. Only difference is that your crusade is pretty much pointless as far as I can tell.

Being on a crusade is not, in and of itself, a bad thing. I genuinely don't like the dismissal of long-time posters that happen to disagree with the herd for simply disagreeing with the herd. If I had a crusade in this thread, it was to further that point. Pretty transparent, wouldn't you say?

As for the Baylor stuff, I simply disagree with a great many of you on where the facts, as we currently understand them, take me. I have no crusade there. I have no direct involvement in the situation and I'm not trying to insert myself into the situation either. I'm simply having discourse (respectfully, I might add) with those that choose to engage me. Why are we here if not for the discourse? If in the process of our back and forth, you find that you disagree with me, I have nothing but respect for your "right" to disagree as long as you aren't.....well....you know....a hyena.

As for the O-Bloods staff as it relates to the Baylor stuff, I question their sincerity on the topic for all the reasons I've already mentioned. In fact, a few others have also expressed similar sentiments. Surely I don't have to type the same things 4-5 times, right? If it's a matter of someone getting the last word and "winning the day", I'm fine with letting them or someone else having that. I thought we were still having good dialogue.

If any of that is unclear to you at this point, I'm not sure there's anything left for us to say to one another. Yes?

Let's not act like you're some big bad a$$ with all of the maturity in the world. You just joined a thread on a message board to simply tell someone his thoughts were pointless. You added no value.

Very possible...I just thought it was ironic that your buddy wanted to accuse Ketch of being on a crusade. Sorry if that hurt your feelings.

Demagogue
Someone who appeals to emotions and fears, oppose deliberation and advocate immediate action. They accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness.

Reactions: texasguy2310
1.) Writing about a sexual assault situation and turning it into a personal crusade are different things. I've already said that I would expect you to write something on the Baylor situation. It's a big deal. The entire sports world is commenting on it. What I wouldn't expect is the crusade it's become when this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I wouldn't expect the Twitter battles you and your staff are trying to drum up. For God's sake, one of your staffers is tweeting Gloria Allred trying to get some engagement. The over the top reaction you've had to this particular situation and to Art Briles, personally, is all I'm talking about. It's strange to me and several others.

You can say it's all me not liking you for whatever reason. My liking you or not (I don't even know you) has no bearing on what I've been posting. You can accept that or brush it all off as just a guy being mean to you. You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for allowing me to continue posting, however.

2.) Help me out there. If anything, it appears the Lane College situation is starting out worse than the Baylor situation started. Of course, that's just based upon what is known right now. If your purpose is to protect women everywhere, then this matters to you. This is worthy of your attention. This is worthy of your tweets. You might actually be able to be a part of preventing something before it ever happens.

3.) Derrick Burroughs is the head coach and AD of Lane College. I'm not sure what the first part of your #3 meant.
What makes something a personal crusade? If I tell you it was already a crusade of mine and that I've written about it numerous times and talked it about it on my radio show numerous times, when does it cross over into an area you believe becomes genuine? Your assertions paint me in the worst kind of light. It suggests I'm an opportunist and I somehow did this for motivations that are not pure to the conversation.

Look, I've dated women who have been sexually abused and assaulted. I have women in my direct family that have been abused and sexually assaulted.

I consider it a big deal, and yes, when the story is very close to home (I'm from Waco and grew up a Baylor fan. Also, a ton of my family including grandparents, dad and wife all went to Baylor), I'm going to focus on that more than situations I'm less familiar about.

You might not know me, but your comments in discussions towards me are almost always painted towards me ina negative light. In this exact moment you seem unwilling to pay attention to my history and the logical layers of the conversation and you seem to be challenging me to prove to you my sincerity.

As far as Derrick Burroughs is concerned, I have to admit I hadn't been completely caught up on that story, but yes, I'm appalled at the details after just looking at them. I also have written a lot about the Vandy case and simply forgot his exact connection to what happened there. I don't know how you let that kid into your program, even at little Lake College, under the circumstances, and I'd have serious questions for the coach, AD and president.

Reactions: babyshoe
This is pretty much how I feel. By using the "I cried" story, which I believe is more likely than not a fabrication, Ketch was able to make it all about him. Look at me. I'm Martin Luther Caesar Chavez B. Anthony, and I deserve a statue and streets named after me, too.

Just how it comes across to me, narcissistic, self-important, and self-serving. Not genuine.

And I don't have an issue with guys crying. I cry all the time watching movies. In about 8 scenes in Braveheart. But who just thinks back about a 5 year old news story and bursts into sobbing tears out of the blue? I find it to be an unlikely and convenient story. Of course, there's no way to prove or disprove it, and that's the beauty of it for Ketch. Nobody ever said he wasn't shrewd. He would make a great politician.
Just cancel. You clearly have a very low opinion about me.

I'll refrain from responding in full outside of that comment. Just cancel.

Cute. Duck the points made and the questions raised and instead, misdirect with insults while pretending you don't understand. Well, at least I hope you're pretending. Because if you don't understand, then an exchange is pointless.

Reply if you want. Boredom has set in. I've lost interest in you.
Speaking of ducking the points...

I have waited a few days to ask this.

Serious question. Have you reached out or sent anyone to Washington to try and speak directly with Chris Peterson ? Have you filed any paperwork requesting all the internal Boise State athletic Dept. emails pertaining to this ? Also is it not a Title 9 violation if Boise knew Sam had hit or chocked his girlfriend and did not document the abuse ( hitting and chocking her) . Also is it not a Title 9 violation to not report this abuse ( hitting and chocking her ) to the police ?
I have not. I have quite a bit on my schedule. Good questions, ones that definitely need to be answered.

What makes something a personal crusade? If I tell you it was already a crusade of mine and that I've written about it numerous times and talked it about it on my radio show numerous times, when does it cross over into an area you believe becomes genuine? Your assertions paint me in the worst kind of light. It suggests I'm an opportunist and I somehow did this for motivations that are not pure to the conversation.

Look, I've dated women who have been sexually abused and assaulted. I have women in my direct family that have been abused and sexually assaulted.

I consider it a big deal, and yes, when the story is very close to home (I'm from Waco and grew up a Baylor fan. Also, a ton of my family including grandparents, dad and wife all went to Baylor), I'm going to focus on that more than situations I'm less familiar about.

You might not know me, but your comments in discussions towards me are almost always painted towards me ina negative light. In this exact moment you seem unwilling to pay attention to my history and the logical layers of the conversation and you seem to be challenging me to prove to you my sincerity.

As far as Derrick Burroughs is concerned, I have to admit I hadn't been completely caught up on that story, but yes, I'm appalled at the details after just looking at them. I also have written a lot about the Vandy case and simply forgot his exact connection to what happened there. I don't know how you let that kid into your program, even at little Lake College, under the circumstances, and I'd have serious questions for the coach, AD and president.

Fair enough.

I have not. I have quite a bit on my schedule. Good questions, ones that definitely need to be answered.

Well thanks for the reply. I will keep up with this every few days or so to see if anything has changed and hopefully it will soon and if not then someone on your staff should do so. I have a saying my father taught me a very long time ago and it's " Actions speak much louder than words". Those things I asked absolutely need to be done and can be done if you or your staff are so inclined.

Reactions: pureorangeblood
Ex-Florida officials: We wouldn't take Ukwuachu because of past
Although Baylor coach Art Briles maintains he did not know about Sam Ukwuachu's past history of violence against a woman at Boise State before accepting him as a transfer, at least one other school did.

Florida considered taking Ukwuachu in May 2013, but then-Gators coach Will Muschamp decided against it after a Boise State athletic department employee detailed Ukwuachu's troubles with a girlfriend, according to two former Florida athletic department employees.

That included the former freshman All-America defensive end's alleged physical abuse of his girlfriend and an allegation that Ukwuachu put his fist through a window while drunk at the couple's home, one of the ex-staffers said. (Ukwuachu was not charged in either incident.)

"There was no way," one of the former Florida employees told The Inside Read of Ukwuachu. "[Muschamp] wouldn't touch him."

Ukwuachu was convicted last Thursday of sexually assaulting an ex-Baylor soccer player in 2013 and was sentenced to 180 days in jail, along with 10 years of probation. Baylor has launched an internal inquiry into the matter, but Briles said in a statement that former Boise State coach Chris Petersen recommended Ukwuachu to him and did not disclose the defensive end's past, other than "team-related issues, insubordination of coaches and missing practice."

Peterson, now Washington's coach, said in a statement he called Briles and "thoroughly apprised" him of the circumstances surrounding Ukwuachu's disciplinary record and dismissal from Boise State's team in May 2013.

During Ukwuachu's trial, his girlfriend at Boise State testified that he punched her in the head several times, choked her, physically restrained her from leaving and had a violent temper. Ukwuachu denied those allegations.

"Just a bad situation," one of the former Florida staffers said. "It just wasn't good."

Ukwuachu also wasn't completely forthcoming with Florida about his relationship with his former girlfriend, the former Gators athletic department employee said. But the Boise State athletic department employee was clear about Ukwuachu's issues, according to the former Florida staffer.

Said the ex-Florida official: "There was absolutely no doubt."

Reactions: orangeuglad
Justice? Go on......
Serving justice is about finding the truth. Baylor's leadership should commission an independent inquiry (something Mr. Starr should know about) to understand if Baylor faculty members (including coaches) knowingly brought a rapist onto campus, whether they whitewashed an investigation of the rape on the Baylor campus and who was complicit in allowing an indicted rapist was allowed to remain on campus. Depending on the findings, responsible faculty members should be punished.

Ketch is using the incident to serve justice at Baylor and among big-time football programs who might coddle violence against women in order to make money.

Well thanks for the reply. I will keep up with this every few days or so to see if anything has changed and hopefully it will soon and if not then someone on your staff should do so. I have a saying my father taught me a very long time ago and it's " Actions speak much louder than words". Those things I asked absolutely need to be done and can be done if you or your staff are so inclined.
Except . . . the Boise State nonsense has no bearing on the fact that Briles and Baylor should have seen to it that the guy was kicked off the team when he was indicted, rather than after a successful prosecution. The Boise State he said/he said is a complete red herring.

Except . . . the Boise State nonsense has no bearing on the fact that Briles and Baylor should have seen to it that the guy was kicked off the team when he was indicted, rather than after a successful prosecution. The Boise State he said/he said is a complete red herring.

completely agree except with the last part. There will be no he said/she said if : 1. You get a simple yes or no answer from Chris Peterson on whether he told Art about Sam hitting or abusing his girlfriend . 2. You have documentation of this by Boise which transmitted( emailed) this to Baylor . 3. You have a police report/investigation by Boise police into alleged( would have been at the time) abuse/hitting/chocking by Sam against his girlfriend. Again this site and staff have the means to pursue this if they want and should pursue this as far as I'm concerned.

Ex-Florida officials: We wouldn't take Ukwuachu because of past
Although Baylor coach Art Briles maintains he did not know about Sam Ukwuachu's past history of violence against a woman at Boise State before accepting him as a transfer, at least one other school did.

Florida considered taking Ukwuachu in May 2013, but then-Gators coach Will Muschamp decided against it after a Boise State athletic department employee detailed Ukwuachu's troubles with a girlfriend, according to two former Florida athletic department employees.

That included the former freshman All-America defensive end's alleged physical abuse of his girlfriend and an allegation that Ukwuachu put his fist through a window while drunk at the couple's home, one of the ex-staffers said. (Ukwuachu was not charged in either incident.)

"There was no way," one of the former Florida employees told The Inside Read of Ukwuachu. "[Muschamp] wouldn't touch him."

Ukwuachu was convicted last Thursday of sexually assaulting an ex-Baylor soccer player in 2013 and was sentenced to 180 days in jail, along with 10 years of probation. Baylor has launched an internal inquiry into the matter, but Briles said in a statement that former Boise State coach Chris Petersen recommended Ukwuachu to him and did not disclose the defensive end's past, other than "team-related issues, insubordination of coaches and missing practice."

Peterson, now Washington's coach, said in a statement he called Briles and "thoroughly apprised" him of the circumstances surrounding Ukwuachu's disciplinary record and dismissal from Boise State's team in May 2013.

During Ukwuachu's trial, his girlfriend at Boise State testified that he punched her in the head several times, choked her, physically restrained her from leaving and had a violent temper. Ukwuachu denied those allegations.

"Just a bad situation," one of the former Florida staffers said. "It just wasn't good."

Ukwuachu also wasn't completely forthcoming with Florida about his relationship with his former girlfriend, the former Gators athletic department employee said. But the Boise State athletic department employee was clear about Ukwuachu's issues, according to the former Florida staffer.

Said the ex-Florida official: "There was absolutely no doubt."

That's certainly an interesting piece to the puzzle. Thanks for sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT