ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Hello, 40. Hello, memories.)

Fantastic Ketch! Count me as a vote very much in favor of continuing the walk down memory lane.
Also- the Redding story is great anyway. However, if the wireless mic on the collar was placed there unknown to Redding, then you Sir are a steely-eyed missile man!

Great stuff Ketch. Especially the 2 year old boogie. Have a 4 and 2 year old now, girl and a boy. It's the absolute best time of my life. Exhausting. But the best time.

But the SEC can't match it, and it's a pretty good conference. I don't like the SEC, but I just think you're using the wrong analysis to pick an ideal conference.
That's just one piece of the puzzle, but I've been told that yearly TV revenue would push anything we're seeing right now in TV rights annual revenue.

Fantastic Ketch! Count me as a vote very much in favor of continuing the walk down memory lane.
Also- the Redding story is great anyway. However, if the wireless mic on the collar was placed there unknown to Redding, then you Sir are a steely-eyed missile man!
Cory knew. Months later at the Texas Relays, we joked about it. He had an idea that it had happened.

That's just one piece of the puzzle, but I've been told that yearly TV revenue would push anything we're seeing right now in TV rights annual revenue.

TV revenue with Texas in either the SEC or BIG would surpass the PAC with Texas in it.

TV revenue with Texas in either the SEC or BIG would surpass the PAC with Texas in it.
I'm not so sure, but the discussion of the Pac-16's value goes beyond this layer of the discussion alone.

Again, you're focusing on tv revenue ants not what makes a great conference. You make an outstanding product and the tv revenue will follow. I don't discount the value of big markets but that's not the key. Otherwise, the Raiders would have stayed and flourished in LA. Once the Clippers began to win, they became popular but before that they were laughable.

In addition to saying Happy Birthday, I forgot to mention...good luck on your fitness journey. I did the same thing the last couple years leading up to 40. Almost where I want to be.

Again, you're focusing on tv revenue ants not what makes a great conference. You make an outstanding product and the tv revenue will follow. I don't discount the value of big markets but that's not the key. Otherwise, the Raiders would have stayed and flourished in LA. Once the Clippers began to win, they became popular but before that they were laughable.
I just few the Big 10 as a dud. I view the Pac-16 as sexy.

Sorry.

lay it out for us.. we can handle the truth !!! .:)
I feel a very long post ahead of me.

Maybe better served as content in next week's column. You cool with serving as inspiration for next week's lede?

I feel a very long post ahead of me.

Maybe better served as content in next week's column. You cool with serving as inspiration for next week's lede?

There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.
Jean-Paul Sartre

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT