ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Herman theory + Ketch theory = better pay attention)

I actually work with Grant, so it's funny seeing him on this list. I'll let him know he made your all-time Texas recruiting class list.[/QUOTE]
He was a big-time recruit back in the day.

I agree that's the perception and would love to see more ranked fights. However, I'm a junkie and love competitive fights, so I'll watch almost anything. Like I said, I'm not a great barometer. I'd like to see them reduce the number of events, but not drastically. The matchmaking can be better, but timing can be tough to line up in this sport and the injuries are a big factor in changing/killing cards. I want to see champions defend their belts against the top of their division, with few exceptions. I'm ok with "some" of the Conor stuff, but say Bisping vs Dan Henderson was a joke of a booking. This upcoming card is shit from prestige perspective, as was the Houston card, I'm just hoping for some great fights. I agree with your point though, rankings and stars bring the general public.
Dana takes advantage of his hard cores IMO.

Dana takes advantage of his hard cores IMO.
Yeah, speaking of....Randy Brown comes from his YouTube show Dana White Looking for a Fight, so he has to pimp all those guys.

Yeah, speaking of....Randy Brown comes from his YouTube show Dana White Looking for a Fight, so he has to pimp all those guys.
I think Saturday will be a Top Spin night.

Or.... I'll just watch KDs return to OKC on Saturday night and get updates on Twitter.

I think Saturday will be a Top Spin night.

Or.... I'll just watch KDs return to OKC on Saturday night and get updates on Twitter.
I'm not buying it at home, but I'm unsure yet on the hall pass situation.

@Ketchum man those are some old
School names. Wasn't Roylin Bradley very highly touted? My aggy buddy told me he was Quentin Coryatt on steroids.

Question--Were you a member of Charlie's staff b/c it seems weird a reasonable adult would post the stuff you do regarding Herman?

It's as if you tried to see how many stupid/wrong things you can post.

His career hasn't been short, his head coaching career has. "All he has done is win with others players." Really? yeah, b/c any idiot off the street could have beaten 3 top 5 teams with all that amazing talent at UH.

why don't you just type out you hate Herman and save yourself the embarrassment of your ridiculous points you try to make?
I don't hate Herman but I think his bad cop, tough mean guy is funny and I am sure many players see right through it. The players are going to work hard and have talent he just needs to put in good systems and coach the players to succeed.

I don't hate Herman but I think his bad cop, tough mean guy is funny and I am sure many players see right through it. The players are going to work hard and have talent he just needs to put in good systems and coach the players to succeed.

It is not true that all players work hard. Players "see right through it" to what? What do they see? You say he needs to coach players to succeed. Well, coaching them to succeed includes instilling discipline and a strong work ethic. If that's what the players "see", then great.

Yeah they see right through it at Ohio St and Alabama as well. Its the same management method Saban and Meyer use. I pray it works here as well.

Yeah they see right through it at Ohio St and Alabama as well. Its the same management method Saban and Meyer use. I pray it works here as well.
You can pull that off if you're as good as you project to be. The moment the players start to believe you've got flaws in your skills, the tough cop stuff will fall flat.

What I like about Herman is that he always seem to have his shit straight. That's step one to making the bad cop thing work. The players have to believe you know what you're doing.

You can pull that off if you're as good as you project to be. The moment the players start to believe you've got flaws in your skills, the tough cop stuff will fall flat.

What I like about Herman is that he always seem to have his shit straight. That's step one to making the bad cop thing work. The players have to believe you know what you're doing.

Don't disagree and I'm convinced, based on his track record at Ohio St. and Houston, that UT players will believe. We've got the right coach.

Alabama and Ohio St have far more talent then every one else. What does Management stlye does Dabo use? These are a majority of young African American and they are probably not buying Tom Herman as a tough guy. He just needs to coach his talented players and quit the silly mind games.

It is not true that all players work hard. Players "see right through it" to what? What do they see? You say he needs to coach players to succeed. Well, coaching them to succeed includes instilling discipline and a strong work ethic. If that's what the players "see", then great.
Players see right through someone trying to act like a tough guy. You don't get to college football by being lazy and not working hard. Who do you think on the team is not a hard worker? I like intensity and to push the players, but let's not act like these guys are some lazy guys who are scared to work hard. Acting like an ass does not equal discipline.

Players see right through someone trying to act like a tough guy. You don't get to college football by being lazy and not working hard. Who do you think on the team is not a hard worker? I like intensity and to push the players, but let's not act like these guys are some lazy guys who are scared to work hard. Acting like an ass does not equal discipline.

Plenty of players get to college football without working hard. They get there on talent alone. Then, some of them never figure out that talent, by itself, isn't enough. Herman doesn't act like an ass.

Plenty of players get to college football without working hard. They get there on talent alone. Then, some of them never figure out that talent, by itself, isn't enough. Herman doesn't act like an ass.
I tend to agree with points both of you are making, but Paper is right about this part.

Reactions: Duanej6
I guess you could get there being lazy but you would have to be extremely talented and enabled. I don't think Heramn is an ass, but I think he might try and act like one. He did try to act like urban and call out the top players for motivation? I don't think Conner Williams needs motivation? he is solid I think.

I guess you could get there being lazy but you would have to be extremely talented and enabled. I don't think Heramn is an ass, but I think he might try and act like one. He did try to act like urban and call out the top players for motivation? I don't think Conner Williams needs motivation? he is solid I think.

Agree but Williams isn't one of the guys he's trying to motivate, IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT