Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Horns vs. Aggies for everything?)

That video clip you posted just reminded me that Rosanne Cash could harmonize with a trash compactor and make it come out sounding angelic-
Kristoffersons writing was simply exceptional — the story he told about how Why Me, Lord is a great watch

great video clip. first it's rare to see Kris without his iconic beard and the next reaction is .. "OMG that's Willie sitting next to him"

Kris and Willie have been long time close friends .. Willie is feeling this loss very personally

@Ketchum this year couldn’t have have spared up better for Sark and this roster. Dominate OU and beat UGA, stay healthy.

whoever CDC bribed in the SEC scheduling office to give us a bye right before the biggest two game stretch of the season i say this ...

Money well spent, Sir!
lol

Reactions: RTR
Catalon seems like he’s having a decent little season. Good for him.

aggy is more fundamentally sound than they ever were in recent memory and they still have a lot of talent. It just feels written in the stars that this season, our first in the SEC, would end with a big bag riding on the aggy game and a hell of a battle in front of a throng of desperate fans that have been chasing a mirage for a long time. It’s going to be madness. I would love nothing more than to have their expectations rise to this level and get crushed at the very end knocking them just out of playoff range. ACES.

Disagree about the Texans unis. They looked like a super hero costume knock off with that helmet. Bring back the horns.

RIP Fantasy Football. Just give all your money to prize picks. lol.

Everything is in front of Ewers. It’s all still on the table, outside of VY. Go get em kid.

Ryan Williams is going to demand 1.5-2M. And he may be worth it.

This season is damn fun already. Thank god we aren’t in Big 12 pergatory anymore and we have a true playoff.

Alex Pereira is a savior for the UFC right now. Dude can’t possibly last much longer but he’s the boogeyman that Adesanya never was. Much cred to Khalil Rountree though. That dude got some respect that night and literally fought til his face was falling off and his body just quit, but he had some moments that most haven’t. That was something to watch. Fun fact, Pereira has the hardest punching power in UFC history (that has been measured anyway), ahead of Ngannou. Guys say it’s just different getting hit by him. Nothing can prepare you.

OU sucks.

Catalon seems like he’s having a decent little season. Good for him.

aggy is more fundamentally sound than they ever were in recent memory and they still have a lot of talent. It just feels written in the stars that this season, our first in the SEC, would end with a big bag riding on the aggy game and a hell of a battle in front of a throng of desperate fans that have been chasing a mirage for a long time. It’s going to be madness. I would love nothing more than to have their expectations rise to this level and get crushed at the very end knocking them just out of playoff range. ACES.

Disagree about the Texans unis. They looked like a super hero costume knock off with that helmet. Bring back the horns.

RIP Fantasy Football. Just give all your money to prize picks. lol.

Everything is in front of Ewers. It’s all still on the table, outside of VY. Go get em kid.

Ryan Williams is going to demand 1.5-2M. And he may be worth it.

This season is damn fun already. Thank god we aren’t in Big 12 pergatory anymore and we have a true playoff.

Alex Pereira is a savior for the UFC right now. Dude can’t possibly last much longer but he’s the boogeyman that Adesanya never was. Much cred to Khalil Rountree though. That dude got some respect that night and literally fought til his face was falling off and his body just quit, but he had some moments that most haven’t. That was something to watch. Fun fact, Pereira has the hardest punching power in UFC history (that has been measured anyway), ahead of Ngannou. Guys say it’s just different getting hit by him. Nothing can prepare you.

OU sucks.
What's Pereira's superfight?

Good stuff.

Reactions: McGuapo
These are sick.

8059169.jpg

Swangin.

Reactions: Ketchum
(Sell) In a year from now, probably, but not right now.

@Ketchum this topic has come up several times now and I haven’t seen anyone explain why Ryan Williams would come here since he would need to sit a year (amongst other reasons). Did I miss something?
There are two portal windows. The SEC sit out a year rule only applies to the second window in the spring.

Reactions: cooleyo
(Sell) In a year from now, probably, but not right now.

@Ketchum this topic has come up several times now and I haven’t seen anyone explain why Ryan Williams would come here since he would need to sit a year (amongst other reasons). Did I miss something?
I reported last month that a Bama source told me that Williams would probably enter the Portal to test his value and that people that know him believe Texas would be a school he'd want to have a talk with.,

I doubt he ever leaves Bama, but that's what I was told by someone that knows the kid and the family.

Reactions: jgreene_machine
What's Pereira's superfight?

Good stuff.
Oh man, that’s a tough one. They need to do it pretty quickly while he’s still on top of his game, but he’s literally flirted with three divisions and could viably make any of them happen. Insanity. How many modern dudes could be legit going from 185 all the way up to heavyweight 265? Not many. For that reason I want to see him fight at heavyweight at least once, just because it would be nuts.

The purist would say they want him in his division or back to 185, but I want the freak show. Why not? For me, I want to see him fight Jon Jones. Aspinall is the future almost certainly, but seeing a Poatan v Bones fight would be epic. However, I don’t see it happening. I think Jon retires after Stipe. He don’t want the Aspinall smoke to ruin a perfect finish to his career and it’s not big enough for him anyway. But would he consider a Pereira super fight? I doubt it, but it’s probably more likely than him fighting Aspinall, which I would love to see as well.

Realistically, I see him most likely taking on the winner of Ankalaev and Rakic at LHW. But if Bones retires and Aspinall becomes the official HW Champ, I could see them considering Aspinall v Pereira, and they can take my money on that too, though I think Tom probably ragdolls him.

I reported last month that a Bama source told me that Williams would probably enter the Portal to test his value and that people that know him believe Texas would be a school he'd want to have a talk with.

Savvy young man and it makes business sense. He's playing like he's worth every penny right now.

I reported last month that a Bama source told me that Williams would probably enter the Portal to test his value and that people that know him believe Texas would be a school he'd want to have a talk with.,

I doubt he ever leaves Bama, but that's what I was told by someone that knows the kid and the family.
While it is unlikely, my god Arch, Wingo, and Williams on the same field would be so damn silly

T
Oh man, that’s a tough one. They need to do it pretty quickly while he’s still on top of his game, but he’s literally flirted with three divisions and could viably make any of them happen. Insanity. How many modern dudes could be legit going from 185 all the way up to heavyweight 265? Not many. For that reason I want to see him fight at heavyweight at least once, just because it would be nuts.

The purist would say they want him in his division or back to 185, but I want the freak show. Why not? For me, I want to see him fight Jon Jones. Aspinall is the future almost certainly, but seeing a Poatan v Bones fight would be epic. However, I don’t see it happening. I think Jon retires after Stipe. He don’t want the Aspinall smoke to ruin a perfect finish to his career and it’s not big enough for him anyway. But would he consider a Pereira super fight? I doubt it, but it’s probably more likely than him fighting Aspinall, which I would love to see as well.

Realistically, I see him most likely taking on the winner of Ankalaev and Rakic at LHW. But if Bones retires and Aspinall becomes the official HW Champ, I could see them considering Aspinall v Pereira, and they can take my money on that too, though I think Tom probably ragdolls him.
Too bad Isreal can't give us a reason for a trilogy because he keeps losing.

T

Too bad Isreal can't give us a reason for a trilogy because he keeps losing.
Yeah the appetite for that fight is pretty low. Pereira has eclipsed Izzy in legacy already and could find himself in the Goatyard if he gets the right fights and outcomes. Not that he would become the goat, but it’s not crazy that he could be in the yard.

I get the potential interest but still don’t understand why he would transfer inside the SEC when that means he would have to sit for a year.

I get the potential interest but still don’t understand why he would transfer inside the SEC when that means he would have to sit for a year.
Guessing that those three could cost UT so much there won't be much NIL $ left over.

Yeah the appetite for that fight is pretty low. Pereira has eclipsed Izzy in legacy already and could find himself in the Goatyard if he gets the right fights and outcomes. Not that he would become the goat, but it’s not crazy that he could be in the yard.
He's got 2 legit Ls. If I'm Bones, I don't risk it.

He's got 2 legit Ls. If I'm Bones, I don't risk it.
I probably wouldn’t either, but it would be huge. The modern boogeyman vs the Goat. It would put an exclamation point on Jon’s career (not that he needs it) and Poatan isn’t a wrestler or a ground threat at all, so Jon would like his odds and if Pereira wins he accomplishes something that’s never been done, especially by a guy that most said didn’t have enough MMA skills to succeed in the UFC at this level. It would be quite the storyline, but I don’t think Jon cares about our desired storylines.

Non-nonsense?
I deleted it. It looked like a buy/sell you hadn't answered that rather than the answer to the question. I thought some moron on the board was stating that aggy had better quarterback play, overall talent and coaching than the Longhorns rather than OU. Long day and I am tired and misread.

Reactions: Ketchum
I deleted it. It looked like a buy/sell you hadn't answered that rather than the answer to the question. I thought some moron on the board was stating that aggy had better quarterback play, overall talent and coaching than the Longhorns rather than OU. Long day and I am tired and misread.
Got You News GIF by MSNBC

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffreyb31
"... This seems to be an unpopular opinion, but unless Jaydon Blue isn't close to 100 percent, he's my starting running back on Saturday against Oklahoma. Play your best players. The coaches have believed he's their best healthy back to such an extent that he was dominating all running back snaps since returning from injury. It's up to Tashard Choice to get him right. That's his job, right?"

I remember Baxter being the #1 over J. Brooks last year. Coaches sometimes over think things. Wisner has looked like the better overall back thus far. Not to say Blue doesn't need to have a strong presence.... just don't think he needs to have more than 12-15 touches rushing.

20 NFL scouts and that was the way they voted? Explains how some of the atrocious first round QB decisions they make are made.

Reactions: DrinkToIt