Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I owe someone an apology...)

Arch may win us a Natty this year if given the chance. He’s got quick feet to improvise and a better deep touch. He still has things to learn but he can make things happen when it gets off schedule. We may never have this combo again - great D, great O line and great WRs. It is soooo rare. I fear that’ll we’ll come up short with Q. We could do it with Q but it feels a bit more likely with Arch.

Arch may win us a Natty this year if given the chance. He’s got quick feet to improvise and a better deep touch. He still has things to learn but he can make things happen when it gets off schedule. We may never have this combo again - great D, great O line and great WRs. It is soooo rare. I fear that’ll we’ll come up short with Q. We could do it with Q but it feels a bit more likely with Arch.
I don't think that's a crazy take.

I'm not even sure about that, it just seems like the offense has the entire playbook available with Arch. While an efficient subset with Quinn.
Easy brother. Don't get out over your skis. There is more to playing QB than throwing bombs and running fast. If you don't think Arch will have a learning curve you are sadly mistaken. Let's consider the competition he has played before you bring out the annoiting oil.

Not a crazy take but there are so many other aspects that you don't see on T. V. to playing QB that Q does that it will take Arch more time to master.. Q had a slightly off game. People need to relax.

Easy brother. Don't get out over your skis. There is more to playing QB than throwing bombs and running fast. If you don't think Arch will have a learning curve you are sadly mistaken. Let's consider the competition he has played before you bring out the annoiting oil.

Great post, you nailed it here . Some people are annointing manning as being a better starter for this year than Quinn way too fast

Ewers processes the field way better , arch will eventually be better with experience

Arch has not faced a legit defense yet

Dua might be "Sunshine" from Harlem Nights.
The Wire Omar GIF

It is a crazy take. How does Arch compare to Quinn in RPOs? That is a staple of Sark's offense. If Sark is who we think he is then having a great Oline, Defense and QB should not be that rare.

If it is that rare why would Sark waste this opportunity by playing the worse player?

It is a crazy take. How does Arch compare to Quinn in RPOs? That is a staple of Sark's offense. If Sark is who we think he is then having a great Oline, Defense and QB should not be that rare.

If it is that rare why would Sark waste this opportunity by playing the worse player?
The dynamics in the quarterback room are unique to any program in the country.

How do you think Arch compares to Quinn in RPOs?

Based on watch the games. In the first game I do not think they actually ran any RPOs. Then in the second start most of his RPOs looked to be called from the sideline and not actual reads. Go back and watch. Again this not surprising since he has two starts. It took Quinn time to master them as well.

Based on watch the games. In the first game I do not think they actually ran any RPOs. Then in the second start most of his RPOs looked to be called from the sideline and not actual reads. Go back and watch. Again this not surprising since he has two starts. It took Quinn time to master them as well.
It would be interesting to know how the coaches quantify the edges that each other bring to the equation.

For instance, does the value that you just described weigh more in terms of importance that an actually being a legit RPO threat in the RPO game, which Arch clearly gives the offense when he's in the game.

Arch actually leads all rushers in YPC for those that have more than 2 carries and that includes sack numbers.

This has literally become something that people just say.as a default statement.

It’s not a default statement , Ewers can hit intermediate and short throws a lot better.

What makes you think arch could process the game as fast or better than Quinn? He has only faced weak defenses

It would be interesting to know how the coaches quantify the edges that each other bring to the equation.

For instance, does the value that you just described weigh more in terms of importance that an actually being a legit RPO threat in the RPO game, which Arch clearly gives the offense when he's in the game.

Arch actually leads all rushers in YPC for those that have more than 2 carries and that includes sack numbers.
The "R" is not for the QB to run. Would he be better in zone read, yes absolutely. But the RPO is about do I give this to the running back or do i throw to the WR. It takes quick processing and tons of reps. I think Arch will get there, but Quinn is great at that now.

The "R" is not for the QB to run. Would he be better in zone read, yes absolutely. But the RPO is about do I give this to the running back or do i throw to the WR. It takes quick processing and tons of reps. I think Arch will get there, but Quinn is great at that now.
Right...

and I'm saying it would be interesting to hear the coaches discuss all of the various values that a quarterback can have and quantify them into a preference order.

The R in the RPO isn't for the quarterback to run because primarily that isn't in Quinn's bag, but it could be in a world where he isn't the quarterback.

Reactions: McGuapo
The truism is that QB play makes a difference. LaNorris Sellers, as a redshirt freshman, needs to be on top of his game against a very good TAMU defense. I hope he and the rest of the team have the recipe to have something excellent cooking.
S. Carolina wins that game on the back of their defense. S. Carolina D is pretty salty and will live in the aggy backfield.

Wingo needs to play more, period. Every play he’s not on the field, you’re losing the potential of a home run.

Reactions: aarontxex
It’s not a default statement , Ewers can hit intermediate and short throws a lot better.

What makes you think arch could process the game as fast or better than Quinn? He has only faced weak defenses
what good did it do to process a throw to an open deep pass player that you can't consistently hit?

So you process the read correctly but fail to execute because of bad mechanics. For a 4th year player that has always had designs on playing at the next level, Quinn's poor footwork default are nearly inexcusable at this point.

... Clemson is going to win the ACC.

exactly! from my NSFW football thread (my thread isn't NSFW) but the website is!!!!

bahahaha

Sat, 10/12, 11:00 AM CDT

• Clemson_wbgs.png

(10) Clemson
    Tigers

4-1
  • wake_forest_wbg.png

Wake Forest
    Demon Deacons

2-3

Odds: CLEM-20.5
O/U60.5

TV: ESPN

WINNER: Dabo Tigers
this is the kind of game Clemson used to win easy. now they just need to WIN
Final

• Clemson_wbgs.png

(10) Clemson
    Tigers

• wake_forest_wbg.png

Wake Forest
    Demon Deacons

i'm convinced Clemson is Clemson again. they will win the ACC title and make the CFP