ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (I'm baaaaaaaack)

Nice to have you back. Hope the vacation was everything you hoped for. I had an Aggie coach that had played for the Bear. In our first meeting he announced that the D was his first team a and we were to yank their head off and shit in their necks. No one came to play us without rib pads. Most everyone on that team was invited to play at the next level. I write all this drivel to say that is what I expect to see CS put on the field.

Originally posted by cdunagan051:
Also, Suarez has bitten someone THREE TIME NOW.

No one that you listed has accomplished such a feat. That is why it is so bad in the eyes of most soccer viewers. This isn't the first time it has happened. Or even the 2nd time. This is the third time. He needs to be in a mental institution... not a millionaire soccer player.
Welcome back Ketch. Hope you had a really good rest during your holiday.
I kind of have to agree with cdunagan on Suarez. Come on now. Does biting someone really indicate toughness? To me it seems like he has been hanging out with some of those cannibals in the Amazon. Great athletes don't have to do things like that to be noticed.
I agree with you on the team's need to be able to use Gray and Brown in the proper manor and hope and pray that we can keep our QB from getting hit by a truck. I think our defense is going to really good so if we can manage to control the ball we have a good chance to be a fairly good team this year.

"On one side you've got a Germany squad that is probably the best team these eyes have seen in the last few weeks, going up against a wounded world power that has never lost a single International match on its home soil."

Brazil lost to Uruguay in the 1950 World Cup final in Rio.
This post was edited on 7/7 6:53 AM by jamimer

Ketch,
I scanned thru your Spotify archives list and didn't notice Muse. They have plenty of quality material to come up with a nice top 10 list. And if you aren't that familiar with them it will be a cool diversion for you.

Originally posted by task force bayonet:
Unless kyler Murray is Vince Young in Janelle Holloway's body, I'm not buying that a 5-10 177 pounds qb is going to be all that in college.
I agree but Manziel was pretty good (but didn't win anything).

If Ash manages to get through this season healthy, then 365 days from now, Swoopes is either not at Texas or at another position. Seems pretty obvious we are damn near close to recruiting right past him.

Originally posted by RLong68:
If Ash manages to get through this season healthy, then 365 days from now, Swoopes is either not at Texas or at another position. Seems pretty obvious we are damn near close to recruiting right past him.
I honestly don't see him starting here unless we're decimated by injuries. Ash then Heard seems like the path to me

Sylvan Esso is album of the year for me and should definitely make every top 10 when all said and done.

Originally posted by task force bayonet:
Unless kyler Murray is Vince Young in Janelle Holloway's body, I'm not buying that a 5-10 177 pounds qb is going to be all that in college.
No question that he has to be the exception rather than the rule.

With all respect, this stuff doesn't interest me much right now as Perry and his Aggie Stooges prepare to take down President Powers, thereby damaging the academic excellence and integrity of the only University in the State of the First Order. This is a sad damn time for all of us who actually graduated from the 40 Acres.

Originally posted by A-10HORN:

Originally posted by gcobb:

Don't really get the emphasis on J. Gray as the key to offensive success. I think you're reaching here and it's just not realistic anyway. Plus, I don't think he's the lightning to M. Brown's thunder. That's what Daje is about. No question we need a great running game this year to take the pressure off Ash 'cause without him we're in a world of hurt. I'd argue the key to our offensive success are our coordinator(s). Watson and Wickline need to be ALL that. They have talent across the board, it just needs to be leveraged to maximum advantage so we can keep Ash healthy. To me, the key to this entire season is the coaching on the offensive side of the ball. I'm already banking on a salty D.
Coaching the OL and Ash staying healthy.
Ditto! And ditto!! However, having Gray just rip it up would just make us really hard to beat along with a kick ass D {which is what I'm expecting from them anyway}!

Originally posted by gcobb:
Originally posted by xthekingoftownx:
Last year after the BYU game my boss came up to me and said "What happened to your longhorns? Did they forget their magic underwear before that raping?". I was so heated but it was warranted. I don't ever want to feel like that. I hope we go in dry on BYU. So far up their ass they have to move the boot to brush their teeth.

I absolutely love me some Lana Del Rey. Her style just gets me and her voice is so seductive.

I don't trust David. I know he's the best option we have right now but I just feel like we've seen this movie one too many times. I hope that Tyrone can put it together because it's a good chance he will be playing.
I don't get the disdain for BYU. The RAN the ball for 500+ yards. It's not like they were trying to embarrass us by throwing the ball all over the joint. I do think the team needs to make a statement that what we all saw last year was an aberration and they have better coaching, talent, and heart than what we saw last year. But I'll save the disdain for the OUs of the world.
Disdain isn't necessarily the correct term for the way many Texas fans, including myself, look at BYU and what they would like to see coming out of this year's game. Anyone that is competitive and takes an asswhipping of that proportion is going to want to come back hard on whomever delivered the pounding. Ketch described it very well -- this game is about regaining pride and reconfiguring the way other teams and fans look at us based on results just like this over the last several seasons.

I've described in previous threads how I felt in the stands that day watching us give up the most rushing yards in school history. I'm going to assume that this loss stung 100 times worse for a group of players that got shoved all over the field, run out of the stadium and humiliated in front of the nation. Forget disdain, this one is about redemption and establishing that the Longhorns under Strong are going to return a punch in the mouth with 10 more to yours until you're spitting chiclets. That's what I want to see and I'm hoping that's exactly how the Texas team feels too.

Originally posted by hutchenc:
Does Charlie play the type of game where he'll take his foot off the pedal and not a beat a team into submission? Or will he run it up? I honestly don't know enough about him to say. I'd love to see them run it up whenever possible, especially this year just to make a statement.
I don't think there's a lot of run-it-up in Charlie.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by hutchenc:
Does Charlie play the type of game where he'll take his foot off the pedal and not a beat a team into submission? Or will he run it up? I honestly don't know enough about him to say. I'd love to see them run it up whenever possible, especially this year just to make a statement.
I don't think there's a lot of run-it-up in Charlie.
That's one of the things that worries me about him. He may have gotten away with that in the past but these teams in the Big 12 can throw up points in hurry.

Originally posted by Alexamsel:
Although I enjoyed your football commentary, I'm not sure soccer commentary fits in here. Weren't you just picking a favorite player a few weeks ago? Now saying who the best teams and trios are? Haha seems like a rough guess to me. The trio of Messi, Higuain, and Aguero, or add Di Maria and make it a quartet, overshadow the Dutch trio any day, anywhere. Argentina also hasn't lost or tied a single game all tournament, yet they're not a "No. 1" seed while Germany tied Ghana (GHANA for goodness sake) and barely scraped a win against the US and Algeria is a 1 seed? Only reason Argentina struggled with Iran is because they played with 11 defenders all game, other than that they've clearly been theirs dominating team in all their matches. So, I don't know about that man...
a. No offense, but I don't really care what you think fits and doesn't fit. Hell, the entire column doesn't fit together, which is why it fits.

b. No part of me tries to act like any kind of a soccer expert, so get off your soccer high horse.

c. Argentina hasn't been in a Final Four at the WC in almost a generation. Hard top put them on the same level as "No.1 blueblood seeds" like Germany.

d. Argentina did not dominate Belgium.

Originally posted by HookemUK:
Ketch,

Next, now that you've made the decision to isolate your search to EPL teams, the options should only include Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or (maybe) Tottenham.
who are the player affiliations for these teams currently, at least among star players?

Originally posted by Alexamsel:
Although I enjoyed your football commentary, I'm not sure soccer commentary fits in here. Weren't you just picking a favorite player a few weeks ago? Now saying who the best teams and trios are? Haha seems like a rough guess to me. The trio of Messi, Higuain, and Aguero, or add Di Maria and make it a quartet, overshadow the Dutch trio any day, anywhere. Argentina also hasn't lost or tied a single game all tournament, yet they're not a "No. 1" seed while Germany tied Ghana (GHANA for goodness sake) and barely scraped a win against the US and Algeria is a 1 seed? Only reason Argentina struggled with Iran is because they played with 11 defenders all game, other than that they've clearly been theirs dominating team in all their matches. So, I don't know about that man...
a. No offense, but I don't really care what you think fits and doesn't fit. Hell, the entire column doesn't fit together, which is why it fits.

b. No part of me tries to act like any kind of a soccer expert, so get off your soccer high horse.

c. Argentina hasn't been in a Final Four at the WC in almost a generation. Hard top put them on the same level as "No.1 blueblood seeds" like Germany.

d. Argentina did not dominate Belgium.
Damn Ketch, not sure the original post merited that reply. Rough evening with the kiddoes last night. :)

Originally posted by Longhorns8484:
I'm already sick of hearing about K. Murray.

The older I get the more I realize how silly college recruiting is.

So basically the 2014 season will be as good as the Texas offense!
a. Probably going to get even sicker in the coming months.

b. Silly, but vital.

c. The offense is a big piece of the puzzle, for sure.

Originally posted by golfpr3145:
I kind of have to agree with cdunagan on Suarez. Come on now. Does biting someone really indicate toughness? To me it seems like he has been hanging out with some of those cannibals in the Amazon. Great athletes don't have to do things like that to be noticed.
a. Toughness? More like insanity.

b. I don't think he does it to get noticed. He does it because he's bat-shit crazy, which is why he is so fascinating.

Originally posted by jamimer:
"On one side you've got a Germany squad that is probably the best team these eyes have seen in the last few weeks, going up against a wounded world power that has never lost a single International match on its home soil."

am I crazy or have they been showing Brazil's record as undefeated all tournament?

Originally posted by jamimer:

am I crazy or have they been showing Brazil's record as undefeated all tournament?
I think they are saying they haven't lost in like 50 years. It did happen at least that once as Jamimer indicates.

On another note, I agree with the others in that I just don't see anything elite in Gray. He can be very good, but I don't see elite burst to be the playmaker you describe. And that was before an achilles injury.

It would be great if DJ could fill the Mr. Outside role to MBrown's Mr. Inside.

Originally posted by HookemUK:
Ketch,

Next, now that you've made the decision to isolate your search to EPL teams, the options should only include Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or (maybe) Tottenham.
who are the player affiliations for these teams currently, at least among star players?
From the I need an EPL team to support thread...

"Originally posted by 40acrefanatic:
Originally posted by SAXETU:
As I look to start watching EPL I
want a team with a star or 2. I have enjoyed watching Evera and Filliani
so far this world cup and they both play Man U. But I hate the Yankees
so what to do...
All of those top teams have stars.

Man U - Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie
Man City - Kompany, Nasri, Aguero, Silva
Chelsea - Hazard, Costa, Fabregas
Liverpool - Suarez (for now), Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana
Arsenal - Giroud, Ozil, Walcott, Ramsey, Carzola

It's all about finding which ones you like. I became a Liverpool fan because of Steven Gerrard"

Originally posted by Big Ernie McCracken:
Ketch,
I scanned thru your Spotify archives list and didn't notice Muse. They have plenty of quality material to come up with a nice top 10 list. And if you aren't that familiar with them it will be a cool diversion for you.
I have the next month scoped out, but I put them on the to-do-list.

They lost to Uruguay . They won't even allow that player back at this years cup .

Originally posted by jwebtx:
Sylvan Esso is album of the year for me and should definitely make every top 10 when all said and done.
best song on album? Haven't listened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT