Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm very, very confident about the 2024 Horns...)

3. Take it Easy

"Well I'm a-standin' on the corner in Winslow, Arizona
With such a fine sight to see,
It's a girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford,
Slowin' down to take a look at me."

The story behind the lyrics of this song are is one of the most famous in the history of rock.

Agreed. They were stuck at this point and Jackson Browne came to the rescue with the last two lines of the verse in about two seconds. Also, they were very complimentary of Jackson Browne in terms of them learning how to grind in song writing.
Jackson Browne actually, started, and wrote 9095-% of the song, and was stuck and Glen finished the song for him. It was really Jackson's song.

Reactions: sua sponte

1. Ketchum
    • Ketchum
    • Yesterday at 6:14 PM
    • Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm very, very confident about the 2024 Horns...)
    Remove
    I've got Texas at 11-2 and losing the SEC championship against Alabama in Atlanta.

That will lead to the No. 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. After winning its first-round match up against a team like Missouri, it'll match-up with the Big 12 winner in the quarterfinals, which will end up as an easy Texas win. That would set up a national semi-final showdown against No. 1 Ohio State and this is where I have the 2024 season coming to an end for the Longhorns, in a 33-29 loss to the Buckeyes.
So let me see if I reading your thought correctly. Texas at 11-2 and losing the SEC championship against Alabama - So does that put us at 11-3?

Then winning two in the NCAA Tournament before ending it all with a loss to Ohio St. putting our final results off 13-4?

JD Souther is from Wellington in the Panhandle and graduated from Amarillo Tascosa before Linda Ronstadt dragged him to Laurel Canyon.
He wrote a lot of the songs with Glenn Frey (eg New Kid in Town etc)
What a group of talent bouncing around in the same scenes in LA back in the ate 60s.

1. Ketchum
    • Ketchum
    • Yesterday at 6:14 PM
    • Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm very, very confident about the 2024 Horns...)
    • Remove

I've got Texas at 11-2 and losing the SEC championship against Alabama in Atlanta.

That will lead to the No. 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. After winning its first-round match up against a team like Missouri, it'll match-up with the Big 12 winner in the quarterfinals, which will end up as an easy Texas win. That would set up a national semi-final showdown against No. 1 Ohio State and this is where I have the 2024 season coming to an end for the Longhorns, in a 33-29 loss to the Buckeyes.
So let me see if I reading your thought correctly. Texas at 11-2 and losing the SEC championship against Alabama - So does that put us at 11-3?

Then winning two in the NCAA Tournament before ending it all with a loss to Ohio St. putting our final results off 13-4?
Texas would end the regular season at 11-1 and then lose the SEC title to make them 11-2.

If we add the NCAA tournament games, it would be 13-3.

You nailed it on the Eagles songs except for I can’t tell you why- I spent a lot of years being mad at Timothy Schmidt for his sin of replacing Randy Meisner
I don't think the Eagles wanted him to leave--Randy was just burnt-out.

Let any other band have the Eagles’ “just missed the cut” and “last 5 out” in their discography and they’re in the HOF and talked about in the same light as Aerosmith and Boston.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

After winning its first-round match up against a team like Missouri,
If Texas is the 5 seed, the matchup should be much easier than a team like Mizzou. The 12 seed will almost always be the obligatory G5 representative.

Interesting to see if the committee allows the SEC and/or BIG to get 4 teams in out of the 12.

Seen the Eagles four times. Have not watched with Vince Gil.

Impossible to choose a top ten. My number one Eagles song is The Last Resort. Love the lyrics.
Some of the Greatest lyrics of all time.
Don hit it out of the park with those lyrics

In The City from Hell Freezes Over is very underrated.
I remain a big fan of On the Border
I don't think the Eagles wanted him to leave--Randy was just burnt-out.
you are correct- I was at the Hotel California tour at Robertson stadium in Houston in the summer of 1977 and when he finished Take it to the Limit, the other Eagles put down their instruments and gave him a standing O as did the crowd- One of my friends said it felt like a swan song and sure enough a few weeks later they announced he was leaving The Eagles to go back home to Nebraska (maybe a Iowa?)

The story Frey told on History of the Eagles was that Meisner didn’t want to sing the really high notes on Take it to the Limit any longer and Glenn told him he was tired of doing Peaceful Easy Feeling too but the fans were paying good money to hear him hit the high notes —- and that was moment Frey thought Randy was going to split

Reactions: aarontxex
@Ketchum what moved you from 9 regular season wins to 11? I believe you commented earlier in the year you were at 9 wins.

I remain a big fan of On the Border

you are correct- I was at the Hotel California tour at Robertson stadium in Houston in the summer of 1977 and when he finished Take it to the Limit, the other Eagles put down their instruments and gave him a standing O as did the crowd- One of my friends said it felt like a swan song and sure enough a few weeks later they announced he was leaving The Eagles to go back home to Nebraska (maybe a Iowa?)

The story Frey told on History of the Eagles was that Meisner didn’t want to sing the really high notes on Take it to the Limit any longer and Glenn told him he was tired of doing Peaceful Easy Feeling too but the fans were paying good money to hear him hit the high notes —- and that was moment Frey thought Randy was going to split
you should tell this story on my Eagles post--just did it a while ago.

You nailed it on the Eagles songs except for I can’t tell you why- I spent a lot of years being mad at Timothy Schmidt for his sin of replacing Randy Meisner

Victim of Love also deserves a promotion the next time around - that’s the song that always revved me up at the concerts I went to in the Glenn Frey era
I think we should have a top 10 deep cuts Eagles list. Plenty of songs to include there.

• Love
Reactions: RTR and Ketchum
I think we should have a top 10 deep cuts Eagles list. Plenty of songs to include there.
That's how great this group was--when everybody can list songs that weren't necessarily on the radio but can pick out these other amazing songs.

Great Eagles list! One of my favorite bands of all time...
So, how about this?
1. A top 10 of the greatest guitarists of all time and their signature song that backs that up?
2. Top 10 Soundtrack/Movie themes of all time? Bond, Pink Panther, etc.
3. Top greatest Rock songs of all time? ( mine is Stairway to Heaven).

Cheers and Hook 'em!

Great Eagles list! One of my favorite bands of all time...
So, how about this?
1. A top 10 of the greatest guitarists of all time and their signature song that backs that up?
2. Top 10 Soundtrack/Movie themes of all time? Bond, Pink Panther, etc.
3. Top greatest Rock songs of all time? ( mine is Stairway to Heaven).

Cheers and Hook 'em!
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Latest posts