Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I'm very, very confident about the 2024 Horns...)

Great Eagles list! One of my favorite bands of all time...
So, how about this?
1. A top 10 of the greatest guitarists of all time and their signature song that backs that up?
2. Top 10 Soundtrack/Movie themes of all time? Bond, Pink Panther, etc.
3. Top greatest Rock songs of all time? ( mine is Stairway to Heaven).

Cheers and Hook 'em!
Somebody's Baby from Fast Times at Ridgemont High is my favorite theme song. Loved that movie. Also had the Car's moving in stereo, and even a great tune by Don Henley "Love Rules"

Reactions: moebevo
Jackson Browne’s “Here come those tears again” is not a song you want to hear if you’ve been dumped

For a Dancer, Doctor my Eyes, Lawyers in Love, Running on Empty — all great and are on my personal faves list too

Jackson Browne’s “Here come those tears again” is not a song you want to hear if you’ve been dumped

For a Dancer, Doctor my Eyes, Lawyers in Love, Running on Empty — all great and are on my personal faves list too
Not to mention,
Sleeps Dark and Silent Gate, The Pretender, For Everyman, Song for Adam, In the Shape of a Heart,
just to name a few more.

I would have sworn Arkansas was about entered the conversation lol
The thing some may not remember is that Texas has a DOMINANT record over Arkansas in their history. Texas, most of the time, ripped their guts out and fed it back to them. That's why Arksansas hates us so much--because we kicked their ass! Even when we had bad teams, we could hand them heartbreaking losses. We were always up for them.

It was only Arkansas left the Southwest Conference, and Texas forgot about them, and they didn't play for years, did Ark come up and bite us--we started taking them lightly, lost our mental edge that we had over them and they got the upper hand and took advantage of it.

Hopefully now that Texas can't forget about them, and they play every year (hopefully), WE"LL regain the upper hand again.
I'm thinking this will happen--and we'll all start remembering why we liked stomping them into the mud to begin with.

History shows you to be wrong.

Proximity is a big deal, even if less of a big deal in 2024-25.
I totally agree things used to be that way. I just think things have changed a lot, and the current evidence supports the idea that proximity is significantly less important than it was the first many years of this site.

Let's see that Top 10!
I don't really have one. They have so many good ones I couldn't rank them. I don't get tired of listening to those two that I mentioned. I don't love every one of anyone's songs though. Like King George, or any of my favorites, when some of his songs come on I change the station while others I sing to every time. Hotel California is fun at their concert for me, but otherwise just not one of their best, to me at least. Everyone has their own favorites and ones they aren't big fans of.

Not to mention,
Sleeps Dark and Silent Gate, The Pretender, For Everyman, Song for Adam, In the Shape of a Heart,
just to name a few more.
Yeah his list of songs will keep us busy remembering them for quite awhile…The Road, The Load Out, Stay(if that hasn’t been mentioned yet) Rock me on the Water, etc etc
So many Songs that make you listen to the lyrics

Reactions: aarontxex
The Office Thank You GIF

Quinn this year or Arch next year. Great QB play can cover for other positions.
Vince and Colt covered up for a lot of deficiencies--particularly with the coaching on offense.

The Naked Ride Home. Great songwriter

Seen the Eagles in 6 different decades, and going to LV in November at the Sphere. Best of my Love and The Last Resort are included in my list (Don did a slow version of the latter song with no accompaniment at the Concert West in Dodger Stadium that blew me away).

“Impossible list” is correct…..

Just thinking about how far the Horns may go in the playoffs gives me chills after the last decade (other than last year)!
That's impressive--6 decades.

Reactions: Silencam
"It's a big disappointment for me. There were three super blue chip in-state prospects and the Longhorns are going to end up with none of them. That's not good enough. "
I'm not sure why Flood is taking so many projects-I like Brooks, but those triplets--interesting story, but a little shaky.

I hope he gets time to develop them--I sometimes think Flood believes he's got all the time in the world to shape these guys--hope he's right.

Do you think Texas lands a top 3 RB in the country next year or takes a top transfer since Blue will be gone and Baxter is coming off an injury? I do not see any of the other backs as a top player in the country?
James Simon might surprise--his profile looks pretty good.

I love the Eagles, but they never wrote arguably the greatest album of all time, Pet Sounds {# 2 again in R.S.'s updated 100 greatest albums of all time. while England had it rated # 1 }, nor the greatest single of all time, Good Vibrations....nor did their records have nearly the profound influence as the the Beach Boys body of work did on the evolution of pop/rock of the 20th century. There's a reason why Brian Wilson is considered the musical genius of songwriting, arrangement & production.
I could be wrong here, but I don't think the rest of the Beach Boys had anything to do with Pet Sounds, other than dubbing in their voices later.
That was entirely a Brian Wilson creation.

The thing some may not remember is that Texas has a DOMINANT record over Arkansas in their history. Texas, most of the time, ripped their guts out and fed it back to them. That's why Arksansas hates us so much--because we kicked their ass! Even when we had bad teams, we could hand them heartbreaking losses. We were always up for them.

It was only Arkansas left the Southwest Conference, and Texas forgot about them, and they didn't play for years, did Ark come up and bite us--we started taking them lightly, lost our mental edge that we had over them and they got the upper hand and took advantage of it.

Hopefully now that Texas can't forget about them, and they play every year (hopefully), WE"LL regain the upper hand again.
I'm thinking this will happen--and we'll all start remembering why we liked stomping them into the mud to begin with.
Rivalry is 7-7 in the last 14 games.

Reactions: aarontxex
I totally agree things used to be that way. I just think things have changed a lot, and the current evidence supports the idea that proximity is significantly less important than it was the first many years of this site.
Totally agree with that.

The No.5 seed likely catches Ohio State in the semis. I'm not sure it's a great seed.
Eventually your going to have to beat a great team. The 1 seed plays the 6th ranked team (assuming acc and b12 champ isn't ranked in the top 6) in the quarters, while the 5 seed plays the big 12 champ, who might be ranked around 12. The 5 seed gets an easier matchup than the 1 seed in the quarters.

Ohio St could end up playing a team like Bama while the 5 seed plays Utah.

The 5 seed has the easiest path to the semis, IMO.

Eventually your going to have to beat a great team. The 1 seed plays the 6th ranked team (assuming acc and b12 champ isn't ranked in the top 6) in the quarters, while the 5 seed plays the big 12 champ, who might be ranked around 12. The 5 seed gets an easier matchup than the 1 seed in the quarters.

Ohio St could end up playing a team like Bama while the 5 seed plays Utah.

The 5 seed has the easiest path to the semis, IMO.
But potentially the significantly hardest path to the final.

Reactions: Shokeen
Hotel California- not only NOT the greatest rock song ever, it’s not even a rock song song. More like an over-rated novelty song. Listen to Rock and Roll by Zeppelin for a refresher on what rock and roll sounds like. DTrue story, I know a guy who broke up with a girl following a fight over the merits of Hotel California. He was right she was wrong.

Digression- I saw the Eagles in 1970 or 1971 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. They were a backup band to Procul Harum. Almost nobody recognized the name Eagles on the marquee but almost everybody left the show talking about how good they were.

But potentially the significantly hardest path to the final.
Depends on how you value the bye vs a home game as a 14+ pt favorite.

Path to win championship

1 seed:
Bye
6th ranked team
3rd ranked team
2nd ranked team

5 seed:
20ish ranked G5 at home
10-15th ranked big 12 champ
Top ranked team
2nd ranked team

He’s not as grouchy as some think.

I met him at a gas station several years ago the Friday night before the TX/ou game. I got brave and introduced myself to him while he was pumping gas. He shook my hand, thanked me for being a fan, then nodded at my Texas shirt I had on and said, “Good luck tomorrow.”

I took that to mean he’s a Texas fan. 😎
Great story!

Devils advocate B/S: The SEC title game is somewhat of a penalty in the new format.

Latest posts