Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend: Is it time to go Portal Fishing?

Has OBs ever seemingly cared less about potentially losing a head-to-head 5 star recruitment like this one with Wingo? It's a little mind-boggling, if I'm honest.

season 1 friends GIF
You think OB members don't care?

Great stuff Ketch. Sounds to me like someone needs to get in Evan Stewart's ear this off season. He deserves a better QB than the Ags will ever give him, and the Texags meltdown would be epic.

Very ambitious set of lists. I'm an 80's guy so I can't really nitpick, I'm just a little in awe of the magnitude of that effort.
Thanks!

Reactions: styrbjorn
Not really. They had a brutal stretch of games. USC had struggled against crap.
Ah yes, that "brutal" back to back against Duke and Louisville.

The same Louisville team that lost.... *checks his notes*... by three touchdowns to Pitt this week.

Reactions: Horn19
Ketch, what actually happened with Neyor? He was supposed to have been this ultra super portal find that was the going to be the second coming of Xavier Worthy, then it all went away. Was it his injury last year that completely derailed him or something else?
You mean besides the major injury to his knee?

And being replaced in the pecking order by Mitchell AND Cook?

Ah yes, that "brutal" back to back against Duke and Louisville.

The same Louisville team that lost.... *checks his notes*... by three touchdowns to Pitt this week.

For a guy who runs a CFB you showed a laughlingly lack of knowledge of the game.

1. You conveniently left out Domer losing a heartbreaker at home to some school named tOSU.

2. One week later they had to go to unbeaten Duke for a night game.

3. One week later they had to go to unbeaten Louisville for a night game.

4. After a big home win over Domer did you really think Louisville wasn’t ripe for a letdown?

FWIW, Texas doesn’t remotely have as tough a 3 game that Domer came off before they pounded SC.

Consider yourself smarter now

For a guy who runs a CFB you showed a laughlingly lack of knowledge of the game.

1. You conveniently left out Domer losing a heartbreaker at home to some school named tOSU.

2. One week later they had to go to unbeaten Duke for a night game.

3. One week later they had to go to unbeaten Louisville for a night game.

4. After a big home win over Domer did you really think Louisville wasn’t ripe for a letdown?

FWIW, Texas doesn’t remotely have as tough a 3 game that Domer came off before they pounded SC.

Consider yourself smarter now

1. I left out Ohio State because I chose to focus on their last two games, since there were the most recent games.

2. It's still Duke. A very well coached team that is pretty good. But, just pretty good.

3. Yes, unbeaten Louisville, which is now unranked after losing by three scores to Pitt.

It's intellectually dishonest to skip over that point completely or to frame losing by three scores as a "letdown".

4. We weren't talking about Texas. You brought that up as some sort of distraction tactic to take the focus off the fact that Louisville is a JAG of a team.

I'm not smarter after your post, just mystified at how poorly you engage with others at times.

FIFY. Lol. Talk about a lame attempt on your part.
Hey, maybe you can bring up the Astros this time, since it has as much to do with who ND faced as mentioning Texas.

What was Pitts record going into that game that it won by three scores?

0-5? 1-4? 2-3?

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19 and RLong68
Hey, maybe you can bring up the Astros this time, since it has as much to do with who ND faced as mentioning Texas.

What was Pitts record going into that game that it won by three scores?

0-5? 1-4? 2-3?

Bringing up the Astros would still make more sense than leaving out tOSU lol. Anyone that follows CFB would acknowledge Domer had an extremely difficult stretch of 3 games going into their home game against SC. You should try following the sport or perhaps pick a less bizarre hill to die on. You have a good day.

Is that normal for him?
@Ketchum
I'd say so. He's a long-time Atlanta Braves fan, but goes on trips just to see new stadiums. He does that for football as well.
He loves March Madness, so he's been known to go to regional final locations. He says The Final Four is on his list and so is the Super Bowl.
In December we are meeting in Arlington for the UIL football championships.
He's always been that way, but especially now. He was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. He's asymptomatic for now and lives a normal life, but at any time he could become incapacitated.
We're very close, so I try to meet him on as many excursions as possible.

Bringing up the Astros would still make more sense than leaving out tOSU lol. Anyone that follows CFB would acknowledge Domer had an extremely difficult stretch of 3 games going into their home game against SC. You should try following the sport or perhaps pick a less bizarre hill to die on. You have a good day.

You didn't answer the question.

0-1, 1-4, 2-3?

If you don't know... you can learn something!

@Ketchum
I'd say so. He's a long-time Atlanta Braves fan, but goes on trips just to see new stadiums. He does that for football as well.
He loves March Madness, so he's been known to go to regional final locations. He says The Final Four is on his list and so is the Super Bowl.
In December we are meeting in Arlington for the UIL football championships.
He's always been that way, but especially now. He was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. He's asymptomatic for now and lives a normal life, but at any time he could become incapacitated.
We're very close, so I try to meet him on as many excursions as possible.
He gonna be back in time for the Big 12 title game the next day? ;)

Not a Collective Soul fan I guess, not even a single mention... Shine is my #1 90s alternative rock song, maybe my #1 90's song in any genre. Other great songs worth mentioning... The World I Know, December, Precious Declaration, Listen.

Others worth mentioning in the hard rock/alt rock/grunge grouping: Cowboy Mouth - Jenny Says; 3 Doors Down - Superman; Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome; Bush - Glycerine or Machine Head; Saliva - Your Disease or Click Click Boom.

Nickelback - How You Remind Me (Damn right Nickelback made great music and I don't care if people think it's cool/trendy to hate them)

Not a Collective Soul fan I guess, not even a single mention... Shine is my #1 90s alternative rock song, maybe my #1 90's song in any genre. Other great songs worth mentioning... The World I Know, December, Precious Declaration, Listen.

Others worth mentioning in the hard rock/alt rock/grunge grouping: Cowboy Mouth - Jenny Says; 3 Doors Down - Superman; Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome; Bush - Glycerine or Machine Head; Saliva - Your Disease or Click Click Boom.

Nickelback - How You Remind Me (Damn right Nickelback made great music and I don't care if people think it's cool/trendy to hate them)

I was always going to have to leave off a bunch of great songs.

I'm taking less shit for it than I thought I would. 😂 😂 😂

I'll also be the first to admit that the grunge and some of the alt rock wasn't my thing in the 90s.

I spoke with someone this week that thinks it's all about his quarterback play,

I mean sure I get that is possible.....

But he's like 3rd on his team right now in production

I'm not saying there isn't potential there....but it feels like blue chip player at a school who was cast-off potential.....(like feeling like there is a low basement)

Just doesn't feel like that would be some huge move the needle pickup compared to what we've got on the bench in Niblett/Moore.

I would hope if we're looking for two impact WR's -> that they're more proven commodities

T Vondre Sweat has worked his way from late or undrafted free agent status to a possible first rounder if he finishes the season like a berserker. IMO this would rate as the best decision to return for your senior year in Longhorn history. Amirite? --utx

I mean sure I get that is possible.....

But he's like 3rd on his team right now in production

I'm not saying there isn't potential there....but it feels like blue chip player at a school who was cast-off potential.....(like feeling like there is a low basement)

Just doesn't feel like that would be some huge move the needle pickup compared to what we've got on the bench in Niblett/Moore.

I would hope if we're looking for two impact WR's -> that they're more proven commodities
I don't disagree with you. I'm just defending a guy that plays in the NFL (IMO).

That guy should have got the hell out of town while his stock was high.

T Vondre Sweat has worked his way from late or undrafted free agent status to a possible first rounder if he finishes the season like a berserker. IMO this would rate as the best decision to return for your senior year in Longhorn history. Amirite? --utx

Oh, man, it would have to be up there.

Ricky returning literally turned him into a legend instead of just a great back.

"There's no reason to give up following the OU loss. It's very possible that the fun is just beginning."

1. My initial thoughts going into the season was this offense and team was going to be the 2019 LSU team. We are clearly not that.
  2. But now my hope is to be the 2008 Florida Gators. A team that had a slip up against Ole miss in the middle of the season but managed to not lose another game and did so in pretty dominant fashion.
Hook'Em

"Therefore, get ready for Steve Sarkisian to go shopping in the Portal next year. It's much needed."

Should we say it. Evan Stewart lol

Reactions: leej4445
I don't disagree with you. I'm just defending a guy that plays in the NFL (IMO).

That guy should have got the hell out of town while his stock was high.

Understood - watching his freshman season I really liked the potential / if we were going to lose Worthy he didn't seem like a replacement / but at least brought some of that to the table.

"There's no reason to give up following the OU loss. It's very possible that the fun is just beginning."

1. My initial thoughts going into the season was this offense and team was going to be the 2019 LSU team. We are clearly not that.
  2. But now my hope is to be the 2008 Florida Gators. A team that had a slip up against Ole miss in the middle of the season but managed to not lose another game and did so in pretty dominant fashion.
Hook'Em

I think 2018 OU as a side by side comparison is staring right at us.

Understood - watching his freshman season I really liked the potential / if we were going to lose Worthy he didn't seem like a replacement / but at least brought some of that to the table.
The cost to land him has gone down significantly, I'd guess.

Latest posts