ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It might be now or never for a few)

This movie is pure shit. Completely unwatchable. Number 1???????

lol, rarely can a single post more perfectly validate my assumptions I have about a poster quite as well as this...

Let's see your top 10.

I'll play...

10. Nightcrawler
9. Collateral
8. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
7. Out of the Furnace
6. There Will Be Blood
5. Arrival
4. Wind River
3. No Country for Old Men
2. Django Unchained
1. Gone Baby Gone

Damn, that is a lot of violence...I might have a problem

Reactions: reddoor
lol, rarely can a single post more perfectly validate my assumptions I have about a poster quite as well as this...

I'll play...

10. Nightcrawler
9. Collateral
8. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
7. Out of the Furnace
6. There Will Be Blood
5. Arrival
4. Wind River
3. No Country for Old Men
2. Django Unchained
1. Gone Baby Gone

Damn, that is a lot of violence...I might have a problem

Yes, but I still like it!

rat GIF
This needs to be in the top 10

This movie is pure shit. Completely unwatchable. Number 1???????

shirley you jest?

Great movie. Could have easily have made the list. Not my favorite Scorsese movie of the century.

the ending makes it worth some of the tedious parts

Marky Mark is the survivor who knew?

bahahaaa

It's a great book too. Written by Cormac McCarthy

unfortunately Cormac McCarthy passed away recently

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormac_McCarthy

rats! ya beat me to it!

i'll counter with this

"the coin don't have no say!"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bobarmstrong
A pretty good list, but you have the wrong Nolan movies. Memento and The Prestige are both better.

And surely you have to bump something (I’d say Gladiator) for Ocean’s Eleven!

Nolan is so good that I’ve got another one as my favorite of his (and one of my favorites all time) and you don’t even mention it.

Reactions: Ketchum
Nothing against Shay Holle, but I watched the WBB team play a lot this year…more than I ever have. But Shay has never been a real difference maker in scoring points. Like Ketch said…Vic needs some serious shooters. And for a full time starter like Shay Holle to not score any points in an Elite 8 game is unacceptable. We lost by 10 points. She should have scored at least 8 points and combine that with 3 or 4 more 3-pointers made…we win the game and make the Final Four.
Shaylee was
Nothing against Shay Holle, but I watched the WBB team play a lot this year…more than I ever have. But Shay has never been a real difference maker in scoring points. Like Ketch said…Vic needs some serious shooters. And for a full time starter like Shay Holle to not score any points in an Elite 8 game is unacceptable. We lost by 10 points. She should have scored at least 8 points and combine that with 3 or 4 more 3-pointers made…we win the game and make the Final Four.
I was talking about Shaylee Gonzales going out with zero points. I would have loved to see her have a game like she did vs Zaga.

Reactions: wfoot1
Great list of movies, although I personally put Avengers: Endgame as my number 1. But I'm sure I'm a minority.

Vic’s teams don’t shoot many three pointers nor rely on three pointers to win games.

They lost because they didn’t do the things well that they do to win, not because they didn’t do the things they never do to win games.

Even if they made 3 more 3-pointers and ended up 4 of 6 from three they still would have lost. However, if Moore, Mohammed, and Faye would have shot better than 50% from point blank range instead of 5 for 20, they would have had a shot, even with their substandard defensive performance.

Sometimes the balls that usually fall just don’t go in the basket for whatever reason, and sometimes the other team just can’t miss. That was a bad combination for the Ladies today.

Nolan is so good that I’ve got another one as my favorite of his (and one of my favorites all time) and you don’t even mention it.
My favorite Nolan movie is probably Dunkirk, but as you say, there are so many. But among the 2000s films, I think Memento is the best.

We lost because they had one player we simply couldn't guard. She was too quick for Shay and Shaylee. It happens. Next year we are more than loaded.

Shaylee was

I was talking about Shaylee Gonzales going out with zero points. I would have loved to see her have a game like she did vs Zaga.
Oh, I’m sorry I thought you were referring to Shay Holle. I missed the game as I was out of town spending time with family.

My prediction for portal transfers:

RB 1
WR 1
TE 1
OT 1
OG 1
DE 2
CB 1

Texas adds 2 portal players (1DT, 1LB)

Reactions: HookemChargers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT