ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It's a put up or shut up NIL world)

It was about the most negative way possible to characterize what UT is doing with completely made up outrageous numbers. Your other posts were 100% subversive to what UT is trying to accomplish. It’s not the refusal to pay that makes someone a bad fan but actively working against UTs efforts that does. I’ll move on.
Yeah, you need to move on because this is full of fallacy. The only thing I've been negative on is the leadership of CFB, or lack there-of. That has nothing to do with UT and you can't connect any of those dots even if you try. I'm also negative about how these funds are potentially used because it's so unregulated and wild west.

I guess when Ketch says "I won't comment on whether this should be charity" is way cleaner/nicer than me just saying, "hey there's a possibility for abuse here, in fact there have been stories about it"? Again, none of that has one shred to do with UT or what it's trying to accomplish.

Carry on.

Georgia is killing it in recruiting and I have no doubt nil is a huge part of it. Just got #1 qb in 2024 to change his commitment from Ohio st to them

I was told tech will be able to match or surpass any number. They are very motivated.
Unless Micah is getting the best BJ of his life in Lubbock, cant imagine any other reason he picks TT over UT.

QB’s (QE, Arch)
SEC
Campus
City
If 3-4 of our receivers get drafted in 2024, he is a moron for picking TT.

Its not like our NIL will be that much different from their once in a decade NIL target.

Most power 5 have two.

Others are lucky to even have 1.

If you took out fb and mens BB, the remaining mens' teams are much closer to breakeven than the women's teams.

Just pick a random school, list the top 10 most attended sports. 7 or 8 would be mens sports.

The point I'm making is that if mens football didn't have to foot the entire bill, they could pay their players themselves. And Texas would truly dominate.

Rank the events at UT in order of attendance. You might be surprised.

There's a very good chance he finishes his career as a Top 5 all-time scorer in the history of the game.

Up until he had the achilles injury in 2019, Durant was on his way to passing everyone outside of LeBron, Kareem, and Malone. Since the achilles injury, he has played in only 137 regular games over the last 4 seasons total. With all that missed time, Durant still only needs 5,400 points to pass Jordan for #5. That's 216 games averaging 25 ppg. Does he have another 216 injury free games left in his career? Three more fully healthy seasons will put him past Jordan and within striking distance of Kobe for #4.

Side note... since I made the Durant/Hakeem comparison in my previous post, it's worth pointing out that at this moment, Durant sits exactly 54 points shy of Hakeem's career scoring total.

Unless Micah is getting the best BJ of his life in Lubbock, cant imagine any other reason he picks TT over UT.

QB’s (QE, Arch)
SEC
Campus
City
If 3-4 of our receivers get drafted in 2024, he is a moron for picking TT.

Its not like our NIL will be that much different from their once in a decade NIL target.
I tend to agree.

Up until he had the achilles injury in 2019, Durant was on his way to passing everyone outside of LeBron, Kareem, and Malone. Since the achilles injury, he has played in only 137 regular games over the last 4 seasons total. With all that missed time, Durant still only needs 5,400 points to pass Jordan for #5. That's 216 games averaging 25 ppg. Does he have another 216 injury free games left in his career? Three more fully healthy seasons will put him past Jordan and within striking distance of Kobe for #4.

Side note... since I made the Durant/Hakeem comparison in my previous post, it's worth pointing out that at this moment, Durant sits exactly 54 points shy of Hakeem's career scoring total.
I think he plays into his 40s.

He has the size and offensive skill set to be an effective scorer at age 40, but can he avoid injuries every single year between now and then that would force him to retire sooner?
That'll be the big question.

He averages 25 and plays 50 per season for the next two seasons, that's 2500 points. that puts him at 29,392, which is 8th behind Wilt.. That next 2,000 will be the real climb.

Obviously.

3.3 mill for posing in bikinis with a product on insta

.1 for signing autographs at the local sports memorabilia show.

:p
Angel Reese's NIL sociaL media following triples in 48 hours AFTER she won a national title.

That's why her NIL value is in the millions. It's not remotely the same if she loses in the national title game.

Reactions: Ben Chode
All I know is, in spite of all evidence and reason to the contrary, @cltig believes there is an excellent chance Hudson goes to Tech. I mean "Crabtree went there....."
Never have I ever said that I think that Hudson is going to Tech. Jason and other guys in the know seem to think it is a much bigger possibility than most of us want to believe, but I hope and think that he is going to end up with the good guys in the end. I simply pointed out your stupidity in saying that he would be putting his future NFL prospects at risk by going to Tech. That's complete BS and arrogance on your part that I was able to quickly shoot down with facts. I don't know why I even responded to your bait in this thread other than to correct you and your lack of facts yet again.

Texas fans have always been passive. Top SEC fan bases are not. It is what it is. You’re not going to change the entire fanbase quickly, if ever.

Our fans want a direct benefit, like seats they like or seats at all or access or whatever, they’re not just mindless givers. I realize they are trying to make it more apparent what someone’s money is going to, but it still doesn’t resonate enough for many. It’s too nebulous.

Our fans want a direct benefit, like seats they like or seats at all or access or whatever, they’re not just mindless givers. I realize they are trying to make it more apparent what someone’s money is going to, but it still doesn’t resonate enough for many. It’s too nebulous.
Wait until you see what happens with Swayster.

The guys could just get paid money. The TOF makes sure that these guys do lots of positive endeavors. I won't debate whether that should be defined as charity or not. They do a lot of good, though.
Texas athletes have always done this sort of thing. There have been countless reports of these activities over the years and decades. My real point here is that it appears that Texas Athletics is using “charitable work” and the popularity of that notion as a front to justify something that is actually really different from that. I get that they cannot come out and say just send us money to pay these kids. I just find it insulting that they play the charity card when using compensation to incentivize someone to do something eliminates charity from the equation.

Texas athletes have always done this sort of thing. There have been countless reports of these activities over the years and decades. My real point here is that it appears that Texas Athletics is using “charitable work” and the popularity of that notion as a front to justify something that is actually really different from that. I get that they cannot come out and say just send us money to pay these kids. I just find it insulting that they play the charity card when using compensation to incentivize someone to do something eliminates charity from the equation.
They are doing MORE than they've ever done before in terms of community outreach. This goers outside of what programs the schools have been involved.

More charitable work on top of other charitable work isn't a bad thing from my perspective.

There's a lot of good that can be done in the world and we shouldn't automatically attempt to cheapen the more work that gets done because some work was already being done.

378 posts in 17 years, and tearing down UT’s efforts to raise NIL and serve the community is what you come with???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT