ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's all about Herman vs. Riley this week...)

The lines.
Need to take advantage here. I’m hopeful we can get some serious pressure on Hurts.

One thing he’s never had to deal with is being down in games on a regular basis (Georgia in the SEC championship game aside).

Reactions: JMART1016
Great column, btw. I think the reigns have to be taken off Sam for one week in terms of employing him in the running game. Whatever it takes.

Loved Joker as well. I didn’t see it as a villain movie or him even playing a villain, so I didn’t feel the natural need to compare it to Ledger’s Joker, who was much more of just a villain with a plan. Different angles completely. This Phoenix Joker role compared more to Bane’s, but much much more personal and nuanced.

Great column, btw. I think the reigns have to be taken off Sam for one week in terms of employing him in the running game. Whatever it takes.

Loved Joker as well. I didn’t see it as a villain movie or him even playing a villain, so I didn’t feel the natural need to compare it to Ledger’s Joker, who was much more of just a villain with a plan. Different angles completely. This Phoenix Joker role compared more to Bane’s, but much much more personal and nuanced.
Talk about a guy that never caught a break...

The risk is that Texas isn't good enough to run the ball on its terms. It hasn't really been able to consistently all season.
And yet Texas has quietly averaged 204.3 rushing yards the last three games - over 200 in each of the last 2 two games.

It seems like Texas is merely okay running the ball, and yet, the team has 878 yards rushing on the season and 10 touchdowns, while averaging 4.5 yards a carry.

For reference, Texas averaged 3.8 yards per carry for the 2018 season and 3.6 yards per carry in 2017 season.

The running game hasn’t been dominant by any means, but it hasn’t been bad either.

They’re doing that without running Sam nearly as much as they did a season ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT