ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It's almost go-time in recruiting)

boogie nights GIF
an all-timer.

Reactions: Rockhornfan
Enjoyed it. Thanks. My wife is taking two of the granddaughters to go see mermaid tomorrow. One of which is named Haven. I have let her know another Haven gave it the coveted A plus plus ranking :)

Reactions: KoolMoD and Ketchum
I love your optimism. We'd have the number one class every year if you're predictions came true.
There's only one answer.... Quinn.

If forced to pick another... Worthy.
I'd pick J'Tavion. If he has a big year, it means that our offense is firing on all cylinders. If he has an average year, I think our offense is just gonna be meh.

I think worthy will get his no matter what. 70/1000/8 is the floor for him (provided he stays healthy).
@Ketchum Along those same lines which of these would you say has the biggest impact for a 10+ win season?
A. A WR with over 1,200 yards
B. A DLineman with 10+ sacks
C. An IOLinemen grading out the same as Banks
D. A DB with 5+ INTs
Not ketch, but C all day. Two all Americans on the line!

I love your optimism. We'd have the number one class every year if you're predictions came true.

I'd pick J'Tavion. If he has a big year, it means that our offense is firing on all cylinders. If he has an average year, I think our offense is just gonna be meh.

I think worthy will get his no matter what. 70/1000/8 is the floor for him (provided he stays healthy).

I personally was leaning C as well as I was writing it!

It feels like this recruiting class will only reach its potential with a killer season. I don’t know that they’re going to whisper sweet nothings and have a top 5 class again.

The Stars should have all the mojo going home for game 6. The crowd will be on fire and they should have a sweep the leg mentality. Fingers crossed.

We definitely need a reboot of MLB. I just can’t make myself care. Need a new format. I know it won’t happen, but neither will my excitement if something doesn’t change. I just wait for the playoff and it’s either oh I care or oh I don’t. Even then I find it hard to ramp up just at the end because I don’t have the investment.

Enjoyed it. Thanks. My wife is taking two of the granddaughters to go see mermaid tomorrow. One of which is named Haven. I have let her know another Haven gave it the coveted A plus plus ranking :)
They'll love it!

I think Ja'Tavion is going to get his, regardless.

It feels like this recruiting class will only reach its potential with a killer season. I don’t know that they’re going to whisper sweet nothings and have a top 5 class again.

The Stars should have all the mojo going home for game 6. The crowd will be on fire and they should have a sweep the leg mentality. Fingers crossed.

We definitely need a reboot of MLB. I just can’t make myself care. Need a new format. I know it won’t happen, but neither will my excitement if something doesn’t change. I just wait for the playoff and it’s either oh I care or oh I don’t. Even then I find it hard to ramp up just at the end because I don’t have the investment.
we're on the same page on all of it.

Is the State of Texas really that down this year or are we out of contention with most of the top 20 types?

A lot of that list of expected commitments was underwhelming.

Time for Bo Davis to earn that 1 million dollar salary. We need blue chip war daddies going into the SEC. It’s time to start winning some of these recruiting battles. @Ketchum

If we have a breakout RB, we stand a chance. QE and the passing game won’t be enough against AL.
Alabama has a lot to replace of their offense from last season, too. I agree that it is a TALL order for this young team to go into Tuscaloosa and grab a W, but I'd also say, if either team shows slight improvement early on offense over last season, it's likely not the one that lost their Heisman-trophy winning QB.

Last edited:
Alabama has a lot to replace of their offense from last season, too. I agree that it is a TALL order for this young team to go into Tuscaloosa and grab a W, but I'd also say, if either team shows slight improvement early on offense over last season, it's likely not the won that lost their Heisman-trophy winning QB.
The bottom line is that Texas has not yet proven to be the kind of serious team that goes on the road and wins that game.

The last time we saw Texas play, they were played off the field by an above average Pac-12 team.

Right there with you on MLB. Will barely watch my hometown Astros — in the playoffs!

Reactions: McGuapo
The bottom line is that Texas has not yet proven to be the kind of serious team that goes on the road and wins that game.

The last time we saw Texas play, they were played off the field by an above average Pac-12 team.
Sark also didn’t call a great game and we dropped some crucial passes

No doubt, that is the correct thought process, and the way smart money should bet.

Reactions: KoolMoD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT