ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It's almost go-time in recruiting)

Yeah I was in that ballpark. I was thinking a three game weekend set with all 29 other teams and then switching sites for the same teams again and then one more round of home and away with your conference only. That would put you somewhere in that range.

Yeah I was in that ballpark. I was thinking a three game weekend set with all 29 other teams and then switching sites for the same teams again and then one more round of home and away with your conference only. That would put you somewhere in that range.

87 would mean one three game series against each team, each weekend from April through September-ish.

It also means each team needs less starting pitching, which is true in the post-season, which should mean that every team gets stronger s a byproduct.

Reactions: McGuapo
87 would mean one three game series against each team, each weekend from April through September-ish.

It also means each team needs less starting pitching, which is true in the post-season, which should mean that every team gets stronger s a byproduct.
Absolutely. The injury thing is a good call too along with shorter rotations. Keep more stars on the field.

Absolutely. The injury thing is a good call too along with shorter rotations. Keep more stars on the field.
Every game is big dog vs. big dog. No.1 starter vs, No.1 starter.

Everyone gets a full week of rest in-between starts.

Most starting pitchers start around 30-34 games each season, so it would be the same for the elite pitchers, except they get a little more rest in-between starts.

Every game is big dog vs. big dog. No.1 starter vs, No.1 starter.

Everyone gets a full week of rest in-between starts.

Most starting pitchers start around 30-34 games each season, so it would be the same for the elite pitchers, except they get a little more rest in-between starts.
It’s perfect. But money man, money. I’ve wanted to love MLB again for a long time.

It’s perfect. But money man, money. I’ve wanted to love MLB again for a long time.
The issue is that MLB's 162-game schedule's greatest value is all of the live programming it provides TV vendors for half the year.

They don't care that we're not watching.

I’m ashamed to say that I enjoyed Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome better than Mad Max: Fury Road.

Probably because of Tina Turner!

Reactions: Horn19
The issue is that MLB's 162-game schedule's greatest value is all of the live programming it provides TV vendors for half the year.

They don't care that we're not watching.
Yup. Shame. Season is just too damn long.

It's hard to watch something where the stakes of each outcome don't mean much.
Yeah sports is about the highs and lows and the emotions that they bring and MLB just doesn’t provide any until it’s too late most of the time and the investment hasn’t been created. I need to feel something other than apathy for 6 months.

Would Major League Baseball be better if it just played three games over the weekend each week? I feel like I'd watch more games if each game meant a little more than .006 of the season. Ignore me, purists ... I'm just thinking out loud.
I'm a baseball purist and your right 162 games is waaaay too many

I'm a baseball purist and your right 162 games is waaaay too many
It'll be over the dead body of the owners before they ever change anything drastic. Too much money at the gate and on local TV deals would be lost.

Reactions: cnapp
The bottom line is that Texas has not yet proven to be the kind of serious team that goes on the road and wins that game.

The last time we saw Texas play, they were played off the field by an above average Pac-12 team.

And fading Nick Saban tends to not be a smart play

Please stop stating facts and reason. You should know that doesn't fly on this board.
Anybody can look at the past and post facts. It takes good analysis to project the future.
There is a lot of promise in the willingness of this administration and staff to keep working towards a sustainable elite future.
Keep improving in every way and eventually it will happen.

Last edited:
6/23 my birthday

Going to be celebrating from dawn to midnight.
one shot of Grand Marnier for every recruit we pick up

CapitalShinyAnhinga.webp

re:

No. 9 - Scattershooting on anything and everything ...

... Saw the newest version of "The Little Mermaid" this weekend and I have to say, I actually liked it a lot. My 9-year-old daughter gave it an "A-plus-plus".

was it THIS mermaid?

740full-ann-blyth.jpg

yes...Ann Blyth

833full-ann-blyth.jpg

4C96FB5600000578-5768253-image-a-131_1527268449450.jpg

re:

No. 9 - Scattershooting on anything and everything ...

... Saw the newest version of "The Little Mermaid" this weekend and I have to say, I actually liked it a lot. My 9-year-old daughter gave it an "A-plus-plus".

was it THIS mermaid?

740full-ann-blyth.jpg

yes...Ann Blyth

833full-ann-blyth.jpg

4C96FB5600000578-5768253-image-a-131_1527268449450.jpg
This one... introducing Halle Bailey

1685403440919.png
1685403477625.png
1685403506681.png

• Love
Reactions: TaxSaver
Tina Turner had a set of legs. Remember pantyhose brand Leggs ? She has a endorsement commercial for them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT