ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (It's Texas, OU and everyone else...)

If Thompson transfers, how does Texas address the RB depth when Roschon is now the number two QB? Does he still move to RB?
If Thompson transfers, Texas would have to lean on younger quarterback talent, talent that I think would possibly beat him out over time, anyways.

Most of those movies can wait until HBO, Netflix or Amazon Prime. I see three I might see at the theater, which means probably one or two I will actually see.

I reckon you need to see all of those movies to do your oscar thing.
Yes, yes, I do.

Reactions: connercade
always has. Hope he kills it from here on out---or should i say--CONTINUES to kill it.
I wouldn't say his deep passes were all that great at Texas for most of is career. The first two games of his career? Absolutely. The entirety of his career? Not really.

And he didn't recruit a single one of them. Still no idea if the guy can evaluate at the QB position....

giphy.gif

There are two games left this season that should be in question. Oct 12 and CCG in December. If we lose any other games, then this program is still not where it needs to be.
What if it loses both of the games in question?

How would you feel about that season?

It's still September so I'll make some bold statements.....

It's Texas vs. Baylor for the Big 12 Championship if Brewer and Mims stay healthy. Don't sleep on Baylor and Matt Ruhle.

In a couple of months, we'll see how smart or how dumb these predictions are.
We don't have to wait a couple of months for this one.;)

I like your movie list, but I have to say that I think you might have overlooked one movie that I really liked and just saw yesterday and that was the biopic "Judy" starring UT Alumni Renee Zellweger. She was just terrific playing the part of the late great entertainer, Judy Garland. I think there is probably a pretty good chance that she might get another Oscar nomination for her performance in that role.
It was the last one out. My wife will love it.

Nope. He's too far behind numbers-wise at this point and doesn't have enough juice on the schedule to warrant real consideration. Clemson is clearly showing they don't need much from him to run the table so it really won't matter. Tua will be there. Hurts will likely be there. Clearly Sam has plenty of opportunity to get there. Taylor is pretty much a "meh" prospect. I mean, is he even the best RB in his own conference?
J.K. Dobbins is a sneaky off the grid candidate because they'll have a ton of games against ranked teams to play against. He's on pace for about 1,600 yards, but if he kicks it up just a slight next level gear, he could become a name to watch.

Reactions: MATF
Wut? Off the top of my head I will say that '96's trio of Ricky, Shon and Priest was better. Henry Melton?
I answered that question poorly. I wasn't calling the 2005 group the best, I was just saying I would take that group over the 2019 group.

The way the question was asked, I should have answered the group that was the best of all-time (I'd agree with the 1996 answer) and not just the group that last existed that I would take over 2019.

Big deal he already tried once. Once Rising left that was it for Thompson wanting to leave. Come spring of 2021, Thomson will be in his FOURTH spring practice. He will be finishing his third year in the program with 2 as the established backup likely getting decent amount snaps. He will be the starting QB 2 years from now. Likely rather easily.
Uh-huh. We'll see.

Last edited:
J.K. Dobbins is a sneaky off the grid candidate because they'll have a ton of games against ranked teams to play against. He's on pace for about 1,600 yards, but if he kicks it up just a slight next level gear, he could become a name to watch.

Kudos to you for being correct on him going into the season. His sophomore season was just an oddly pedestrian one. Now that might have had a lot to do with the general odd circumstances of tOSU last season. But he's certainly back to his frosh form. Honestly, I see him as a much better candidate than Taylor. Dobbins' biggest problem in the Heisman race is his QB who will get the lion's share of attention.

Reactions: MATF and J Tull
It might take until the playoff to be exposed, but they've looked wobbly.

I can certainly see that. Get them in a game facing a high octane offense and they could have major problems.

Kudos to you for being correct on him going into the season. His sophomore season was just an oddly pedestrian one. Now that might have had a lot to do with the general odd circumstances of tOSU last season. But he's certainly back to his frosh form. Honestly, I see him as a much better candidate than Taylor. Dobbins' biggest problem in the Heisman race is his QB who will get the lion's share of attention.
yup to all of it

Fine list of to-be-seen movies. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Hidden Life and The Irishman, and from all accounts, Marriage Story should be one of those genuine slice-of-life movies that is punctuated by excellent acting.

Reactions: feakerboo and MATF
Fine list of to-be-seen movies. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Hidden Life and The Irishman, and from all accounts, Marriage Story should be one of those genuine slice-of-life movies that is punctuated by excellent acting.
Marriage Story is likely going to push all of the emotional buttons.

Reactions: In Stink

I assume we're talking 10-3 with three losses to top 10 teams - I'd say we're on schedule in year 3 of the rebuild - especially if said losses are contested to the bitter end. Don't get me wrong, there will be bitterness and knee jerking but, when the dust settles, rational thought will take it's place.

The narrative at that point would be this; Texas is not yet elite, but making progress toward that goal. In 2020 we'd have a Sr. Quarterback coming off a "Heisman ballpark" type season, the best players on the team will have been on campus 2-4 years, highly reducing the need to rely on true freshman, there would be more depth, the number of 4+ star players on campus would be more in line with what you see from teams that take up residence in the top 10.

Now, if you FF to the end of 2020 and we're in the same place, I'd have to say the build has hit a pause or plateau and maybe some reevaluation is in order. At that point Herman would have lost 5 in a row to gooner and I dare say, the natives would be restless......
R5p9G94.gif

If we lose twice to OU then I would consider the season a disappointment. And in reality, it would be considered a step back from '18 even with a bowl win for obvious reasons.

Thompson isn't going anywhere. My gosh, he's in line to inherit the reins of a REAL f'n good team in '21. I mean, exactly what destination out there projects to even come CLOSE to the opportunity he will have in 2021?
I was referring to him putting his name in the transfer portal this past offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT