ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Just call him Batman)

Originally posted by Anwar Richardson:
Who would you take in a cage match...Joe Clark or James Evans from Good Times?

This post was edited on 7/28 8:57 AM by Anwar Richardson
James Evans. Definitely, James Evans.

Look at the aggy trolls voting down this great thread, as if it means anything.
laugh.r191677.gif

I swear 25% of the revenue Ketch banks on this site comes from trolls.
eek.r191677.gif

It is kinda like the Horns down, they gonna pay us to hate. lmfao

Liucci publicly being a high school girl on twitter is absolute gold. Historical kind of funny.

Originally posted by Jeff J Black:
I think this is the beginning of the end of OB. When it starts to be more about Geoff Ketchum than about Texas football, I'll take my $9.99 per month and go elsewhere. Ketch this site isn't about you. Remember that, because if you don't, you're done. It's just a matter of time.

Well....bye...
This post was edited on 7/28 9:54 AM by gijustin

Originally posted by P_Bulhon:
All this TMZ stuff makes you guys look bush league as hell.
TMZ?

Is that really the word you're looking for?

I dont think i have posted since the great decision debacle in December. But I wanted to go on record saying the following:

1. Ketch nailed it with the aggies.
2. Anwar has been doing a helluva job
3. I am seeing nine wins this year

Boo, freakin, yaaa!

The part about liucci being a different type of guy then what Ketch hangs with cracked me up. He's been hanging with all of Manziel's bros and homies, he really thinks he's some type of gangsta now. I wouldn't be surprised if he took up mma.

Originally posted by Colonel Banana Dark:
I dont think i have posted since the great decision debacle in December. But I wanted to go on record saying the following:

1. Ketch nailed it with the aggies.
2. Anwar has been doing a helluva job
3. I am seeing nine wins this year

Boo, freakin, yaaa!
Drop the mic, walk off stage

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Let me explain this to the Aggies so that you understand clearly. Me using the word "speedy" (without capitalization, no less) in a sentence doesn't actually implicate Noil in a crime any more than using the word "hopeless" in a sentence specifically implicates that almost every Aggie reading this has evarned every joke ever written about them.
I was looking up "evarned" in the dictionary, thinking it was some exotic word I had never heard of. Then it dawned on me, duh, should be "earned."

Good read Ketch.
I like that CS is doing things his way and the right way.
Great news with Burt's commitment and I believe this 2015 class is going to be really good.
Solid take on the aggroid obsession but they'll never get it.
Always enjoy the UFC comments. Looking forward to Lawler/Hendricks, that should be a war. I also had the same thought about Guida. In his prime, that guy was a beast..

Originally posted by Copperhead Road:

Let me explain this to the Aggies so that you understand clearly. Me using the word "speedy" (without capitalization, no less) in a sentence doesn't actually implicate Noil in a crime any more than using the word "hopeless" in a sentence specifically implicates that almost every Aggie reading this has evarned every joke ever written about them.
I was looking up "evarned" in the dictionary, thinking it was some exotic word I had never heard of. Then it dawned on me, duh, should be "earned."
Suchomel teaching a master's class in copy-editing this week and me teaching a master's class in typos. Geez.
ohwell.r191677.gif

You defined the Aggies fan base with laser like accuracy. They are a sad cult - great school, but their indoctrination into 'what is an Aggie' does not represent well the greatness of A&M as a leading university. That is what's so sad about Aggie.

I still can't help but think of the fact that:

1) The owners of the leading fan sites for each program are involved a public pissing match;

2) The head coaches of each program, who have drastically opposing styles, are doing the same, and embroiled in what is developing into one of the epic recruiting wars of all time;

3) Both fan bases obviously obsess over each other as witnessed by the numerous daily thread topics about the other school on both websites;

4) Popcorn consumption in the state of Texas is at an all time high;

5) Yet the teams don't play each other.

It's downright criminal.

I'll add that A&M is actually competitive for the first time in 15 years, and Texas is likely on the upswing with a new coaching staff. It has all the makings of an epic rivalry, yet we don't get to see it. We're getting cheated. Totally screwed out of something that could be wildly entertaining.

TMZ?

Yeah maybe that was a poor choice of words. It's just odd to see the owners of two sites publicly warring over message boards and Twitter, but most people seem to be enjoying it, so I guess it was a good move.

Good stuff, Ketch. As for most explosive after the catch, the #'s don't bear you out.

Kendall Sanders, 37 receptions for 361 yards, 9.75 ypc, 1 TD.

M. Johnson, 25 catchs for 342 yards, 13.68 ypc, 2 TD's

J. Shipley, 56 catches for 589 yards, 10.5 yoc, 1 TD

and an outlier, John Harris, who only had 4 catches last season, but they went for 141 yards, or 30+ ypc, and 2 TDs

I'm not saying Harris is the most dangerous receiver we have, but he is big and fast, and no one should benefit more from having a chance in front of a new set of eyes. Shipley will return, I believe, to his sophomore year type of dangerous receiver, but with a senior's smarts, and he's healthy. Amazing to think how clutch Shipley was last season, and he was probably playing at about 80%.

M. Johnson, to me, is our most explosive threat we have in the receiving game, outside of the freshmen, who we haven't seen yet. Excited to see what Warrick and Foreman will do with a QB like Ash throwing to them.

It doesn't matter who ketch had a conversation with, or even if there was one. Luicci proved ketch's point all by himself.

Insecure
Jealous
Bitter

Texas A&M

Originally posted by badtylerfly:
Man I loved you going in on Aggy. I can't find an incorrect word in the whole thing. They are a delusional cult.

Much like the far-left Liberals {delusional cult}, and yet, A & M is by & large Conservative. Oh, the twisted irony of it all!
This post was edited on 7/28 11:15 AM by Baguette

TMZ?

Yeah maybe that was a poor choice of words. It's just odd to see the owners of two sites publicly warring over message boards and Twitter, but most people seem to be enjoying it, so I guess it was a good move.
I'm not at war as much as I needed to set the record straight. Article written about me was a complete misrepresentation of what occurred and I actually took a little heat for it.

Poke the bear long enough and the bear pokes back.

It's 11:20am and still not a single refuted point from the entire article, other than people racing to claim they weren't the one I quoted in the article... because that's all that could possibly matter.

It will be great when we can actually have discussion on football. All of this other crap will hopefully disappear. Both schools should embarrassed about recent off-field. end of story.

Ketch, aggy is like my ex wife. They won't ever admit they were wrong or address topic at hand. They change the subject, harp on tangents that make them feel validated and try to deflect from what really needs to be discussed.

As you said, head in the sand, while flipping you the bird.

Well done Ketch...it does seem odd no comments about all the arrests...
lurk.r191677.gif

Can't help but love ya, Ketch {despite your occasional lapses into "Leftie" Thought Policework {{Politcal Correctness}}. lol}. You got balls! You stand up for what you believe in, and abide by/won't compromise your "core values" as a man, nor your code of ethics {tell the damn truth, and let the chips fall where they may---something few journalists can't or won't do anymore if doesn't advance their political agenda or penchant for sensationalism...i.e. "yellow journalism"} as a true journalist!
Just assume forevermore that I'm a permanent subscriber {unless you get all wimpy on us down the road. lol} to you & your most excellent publication {can I say that even though its the internet? lol} !

Originally posted by HuffTex:

Good stuff, Ketch. As for most explosive after the catch, the #'s don't bear you out.

M. Johnson, to me, is our most explosive threat we have in the receiving game, outside of the freshmen, who we haven't seen yet. Excited to see what Warrick and Foreman will do with a QB like Ash throwing to them.

In this instance, I don't think the numbers tell the real story and I'm going to blame the coaching/quarterbacking play a the chief reasons why.

TMZ?

I'm not at war as much as I needed to set the record straight. Article written about me was a complete misrepresentation of what occurred and I actually took a little heat for it.

Poke the bear long enough and the bear pokes back.

It's 11:20am and still not a single refuted point from the entire article, other than people racing to claim they weren't the one I quoted in the article... because that's all that could possibly matter.
Fair points. I don't really disagree with any of the content of what you wrote.

Thought it was spot on, good job OB staff. Charlie Strong is doing one hell of a job as well. Good times are heading our ways here before to long boys. Hookem

Originally posted by LongAus:
UFC 200: KETCHUM vs LIUCCI

@billyliucci: @gkketch Serious request: Try keeping my name out of your mouth. Last I checked, I don't waste time writing made up bs about you.

@billyliucci: @gkketch And you didn't call me out by name but everyone knows who you were referring to.
@billyliucci: @gkketch That's my last response on twitter, lets handle it like men from here on out. I'll call you tomorrow (or tonight if that works).
This doesn't need to be handled legally. Besides how do you prove someone made up a conversation from over a decade ago? I've never taken much of what he's said personally until today. This whole thing had zero to do with me, he drags me into it for no apparent reason and now I've had more than enough of this third-grade bull****. I'll handle it on my own but the dude crossed the line with me.[/B]
This post was edited on 7/27 10:37 PM by LongAus
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TopSirloin:
Liucci be mad
It's not like I posted the gif of him crying about a call of the sideline of the A&M/Texas game. Good God, what could me more embarrassing than being seen on TV acting like that in our profession?
I'm just here for the gangbang.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT