ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Just call him Batman)

I can't believe any Horns fan would have a problem with what Ketch wrote. It is simply the truth and it came as a response to being called out for a lack of ethics/professionalism, which is so hypocritical it isn't even funny. Now if Ketch had written this totally unprovoked that would be another thing entirely, but Ketch has every right to respond to someone attacking his character. It just so happens he did it in a way that put the microscope back on those cultists and now they are scrambling for a way to draw the attention elsewhere so they don't have to accept the truth.

Aggy gonna Aggy.

I quit reading 10 thoughts a while ago, but this one was great.

Ketch wasn't even the one reporting what (allegedly) happened, and aggy loses their shit.

Outstanding.

Originally posted by lilMAC:

Ketch wasn't even the one reporting what (allegedly) happened, and aggy loses their shit.

Outstanding.
a. What's the issue with 10 Thoughts? Even if you don't care for te multiple topics I always include, I feel like a lot of my best work can be found inside each week. Just me?

b. Easier for Aggies to be mad at me than it is to address the truth. Rinse, wash and repeat for 20 years.

I loved it...hit the aggies right between the eyes with an honest view. Their cult behavior nullifies any level of decency, integrity and intelligence. and it was down right funny.

as they respond to all this, they don't realize that they help justify the viewpoint and actions that Ketch points out.

and to add....it's almost the same issue some of my political friends have!

Ketch:

1) Do you think this will be enough to get Billy to ask Johnny/Drake to put you on blast in one of Drake's songs? If so, will that song be moved to #1 on Drake's top 10?

2) Can you sign this 10TFTW for me, as well?!? Great work.

Ketch and Looch are together at some bar right now laughing out loud at the stir they caused. Mission Accomplished! $$$$$$

party0012.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Outstanding.
a. What's the issue with 10 Thoughts? Even if you don't care for te multiple topics I always include, I feel like a lot of my best work can be found inside each week. Just me?

b. Easier for Aggies to be mad at me than it is to address the truth. Rinse, wash and repeat for 20 years.
A. Hell, I don't know. I haven't even read a War Room in quite some time and that is collectively the best thing this site offers (no offense intended).

Part of it might be my malaise toward the program due to the utter shit that Mack Brown allowed this program to become. I'm not a front runner (witness my Houston Astros and Dallas Cowboys fandom), but mother$&@$er did the last 4 seasons take something out of me. I started a list of issues (from administration, to coaching, to players) but deleted it. We all know that could be its own article. Maybe VY and Colt moved my expectations too high, but I am looking forward to (finally) seeing a well coached, highly motivated team. Hopefully fundamentals will improve as well (they have to, right?)

I've had my disagreements with you in the past, but I enjoy your work, the staff's work, and this community (even the blatant Baylor, Aggy and Sooner trolls) enough to reup.

This post was edited on 7/28 12:39 PM by lilMAC

Originally posted by Longhorns8484:
F A&M! Who cares what they say or think Ketch?!

I think a few of those recruits you listed are still a reach (Daniels, McNeal, and Gragg).
Maybe Gragg, but the other two as longshots?
Didn't McNeal miss the UTL camp?

I thought Daniels was a TT lean?

Ketch- honest question: Do you really have a formal role of some sort covering aggy football? I read the smartass comments all the time and have never known if they are based in truth. give me the lowdown on this topic.

Originally posted by TexasLawnghorn:
Ketch:

1) Do you think this will be enough to get Billy to ask Johnny/Drake to put you on blast in one of Drake's songs? If so, will that song be moved to #1 on Drake's top 10?

1. Can't let such a thing influence my rankings. Maybe he can have K-Dot drop a few bars to enhance the odds of it being ranked high.

2. Yes, yes, I will.

Ketch:

1. Can't let such a thing influence my rankings. Maybe he can have K-Dot drop a few bars to enhance the odds of it being ranked high.

2. Yes, yes, I will.
97465-Did-we-just-become-best-friend-5BZD.gif

Arrests are serious at any School.

Ketch, if only 2% of the world comprehends what you wrote, it will be worth the effort. Aggies have a problem Sumlin just does not want, know how or cares to address. Either way, aggie's will cheer their hero's on no matter. They will conitinue to do their silly body wave. Wave their white hanky's and list their delusional National Championship years on their stadium. I somewhat pity the poor guys. It seems they want so much to be "The University of Texas" and know it will never be.

A. Hell, I don't know. I haven't even read a War Room in quite some time and that is collectively the best thing this site offers (no offense intended).

Part of it might be my malaise toward the program due to the utter shit that Mack Brown allowed this program to become. I'm not a front runner (witness my Houston Astros and Dallas Cowboys fandom), but mother$&@$er did the last 4 seasons take something out of me. I started a list of issues (from administration, to coaching, to players) but deleted it. We all know that could be its own article. Maybe VY and Colt moved my expectations too high, but I am looking forward to (finally) seeing a well coached, highly motivated team. Hopefully fundamentals will improve as well (they have to, right?)

I've had my disagreements with you in the past, but I enjoy your work, the staff's work, and this community (even the blatant Baylor, Aggy and Sooner trolls) enough to reup.

This post was edited on 7/28 12:39 PM by lilMAC

In that context, it's completely understandable.

F A&M! Who cares what they say or think Ketch?!

I think a few of those recruits you listed are still a reach (Daniels, McNeal, and Gragg).
Maybe Gragg, but the other two as longshots?
Didn't McNeal miss the UTL camp?

I thought Daniels was a TT lean?
a. I think missing the camp can be overstated bit. Like I said, if Jefferson starts leaning to UT and the Longhorns stay after McNeal, I think we'll see movement there.

b. I don't really view Daniels as leaning anywhere. His official visits will be huge,

Originally posted by Copperhead Road:
I still can't help but think of the fact that:

1) The owners of the leading fan sites for each program are involved a public pissing match;

2) The head coaches of each program, who have drastically opposing styles, are doing the same, and embroiled in what is developing into one of the epic recruiting wars of all time;

3) Both fan bases obviously obsess over each other as witnessed by the numerous daily thread topics about the other school on both websites;

4) Popcorn consumption in the state of Texas is at an all time high;

5) Yet the teams don't play each other.
[/B]
It's downright criminal.
[/B]
I'll add that A&M is actually competitive for the first time in 15 years, and Texas is likely on the upswing with a new coaching staff. It has all the makings of an epic rivalry, yet we don't get to see it. We're getting cheated. Totally screwed out of something that could be wildly entertaining.
Lulz. Nope. Part of the beauty of not playing them anymore is the inability for aggy to play out their fake tough guy fantasies in direct athletic competition, which drives them insane, especially since UT has eternal scoreboard. As their "move to the SEC" buzz continues to wear off and they start to notice that they still haven't won a conference title in football since Bill Clinton was in office, it's in UT's best interests to not throw them a lifeline.

Originally posted by HerkieWalls:
Ketch- honest question: Do you really have a formal role of some sort covering aggy football?
No.

Ketch,

I would interested in seeing your analysis of the program's decline, specifically the leadership decisions that created soft players? For example, when was there a smoothie bar? What was the policy on Marijuana? How did leadership interact with the team? How did Muschamp and Robinson function in the culture?

I think we have been privy to this analysis in spots, but nothing comprehensive. At least not that I am aware of. Maybe a "locker room" piece?

LH

"The Aggies are in the midst of a string of arrests so chronic that even Barry Switzer is shaking his head in bewilderment and the focus is on me for either the second or third or fourth time this year (I lose track) over absolute nonsense that distracts from the harsh realities of the truth that surrounds them. You better believe the "dangerous" Geoff Ketchum is always under surveillance at all times, but Sumlin's increasingly concerning inability to install discipline in his program? You guys know the drill, already…

If Aggies everywhere held Kevin Sumlin and his Aggie coaching staff within 1/10 of the accountability demanded of me at all times, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place because those 19 arrests in 25 months we're talking about wouldn't likely exist. Wait a minute, the Aggies never talk about those types of things.

Oh, those pesky codes of ethics, indeed."

chrispaulnoooo.png

-----------------------

Summed up so nicely. And I'm glad to see that it's being received so well...

LiucciisPissed_zps1b016c87.png

Ketch: would you be interested in returning Liucci's phone call live on-air? Imagine those ratings!

Ketch: would you be interested in returning Liucci's phone call live on-air? Imagine those ratings!
Spoke with Billy and most of it will remain in private.

More than cordial convo. I told him that no matter what else is discussed, I think he's a quality guy, but that I had an issue or two involving him that I've had questions about and in the context of having the big picture conversation I tried to have in my column about the double standards involving media professionalism, I couldn't pussyfoot around those issues.

I totally understood his concerns and I hope I alleviated those.

Originally posted by HuffTex:

M. Johnson, to me, is our most explosive threat we have in the receiving game, outside of the freshmen, who we haven't seen yet. Excited to see what Warrick and Foreman will do with a QB like Ash throwing to them.
Agreed...

2013 Play of the Year
I swear, I have no idea how McCoy pulled off that shit last October, but I am damn glad he did.

Are you kidding me Ketch ????????????

ANY Aretha Top 10 that doesn't include "Don't Play That Song" is retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHWiMTaT74

Good stuff, Ketch, but to be honest, I couldn't care less about your feuds with aggieland. Then again, I couldn't care less about ANYTHING Re: aggieland.

Otherwise, a great read, as was your earlier lengthy post on CS's purge.

Hook 'em!!!

Originally posted by Big Ed Bookman:
Are you kidding me Ketch ????????????

ANY Aretha Top 10 that doesn't include "Don't Play That Song" is retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghHWiMTaT74
Did a Yahoo search of Aretha FRanklin top 10's.

Neither this list has that song in a top 10.

Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:

I still can't help but think of the fact that:

1) The owners of the leading fan sites for each program are involved a public pissing match;

2) The head coaches of each program, who have drastically opposing styles, are doing the same, and embroiled in what is developing into one of the epic recruiting wars of all time;

3) Both fan bases obviously obsess over each other as witnessed by the numerous daily thread topics about the other school on both websites;

4) Popcorn consumption in the state of Texas is at an all time high;

5) Yet the teams don't play each other.
[/B]
It's downright criminal.
[/B]
I'll add that A&M is actually competitive for the first time in 15 years, and Texas is likely on the upswing with a new coaching staff. It has all the makings of an epic rivalry, yet we don't get to see it. We're getting cheated. Totally screwed out of something that could be wildly entertaining.
Lulz. Nope. Part of the beauty of not playing them anymore is the inability for aggy to play out their fake tough guy fantasies in direct athletic competition, which drives them insane, especially since UT has eternal scoreboard. As their "move to the SEC" buzz continues to wear off and they start to notice that they still haven't won a conference title in football since Bill Clinton was in office, it's in UT's best interests to not throw them a lifeline.
The Football Gods started architecting this 5 years ago. They started it all off with a brutal kick to the balls of Texans Fans in the form of a Colt McCoy shoulder injury during the NC game. They then began inserting the variables needed to ignite and elevate a showdown of epic proportions, most of which are beautifully pointed out by Copperhead. The climax to their Lord puppet show is obviously and undoubtedly a Playoff matchup between the Texas Longhorns and Ags following the 2015 season (they Gods need another full yr to allow Texas to gain more ground on the trails and increase the chatter) that creates the most buzzed about sporting event in recent memory that promises to have millions tuning in to watch starting Texas QB Jerrod Heard lead the Longhorns to victory over QB Kyle Allen and company, ultimately putting a dagger into whatever it is the cult down the street thought they were building. The Lords of Football originally planned on bringing it full circle and injuring QB Kyle Allen in the 1st quarter so the little guy Kyler Murray could come in and blow it, but they ultimately decided it was best to eliminate any excuses the Ags would certainly scream about. Then everything goes back to normal. The End.

Book it. Take a screen shot.

Luv your posts nuuf but lol at you calling someone else long winded or too verbose :D
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Spoke with Billy and most of it will remain in private.

More than cordial convo. I told him that no matter what else is discussed, I think he's a quality guy, but that I had an issue or two involving him that I've had questions about and in the context of having the big picture conversation I tried to have in my column about the double standards involving media professionalism, I couldn't pussyfoot around those issues.

I totally understood his concerns and I hope I alleviated those.
That type of mature conversation would have been terrible for ratings. ;-)

What's the deal with you these days, man?!? It's like you're trying to kill people with kindness in private convos. You're gonna mess around and become a really likable guy if you don't cut that out. :)

Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by HuffTex:

Good stuff, Ketch. As for most explosive after the catch, the #'s don't bear you out.

M. Johnson, to me, is our most explosive threat we have in the receiving game, outside of the freshmen, who we haven't seen yet. Excited to see what Warrick and Foreman will do with a QB like Ash throwing to them.

In this instance, I don't think the numbers tell the real story and I'm going to blame the coaching/quarterbacking play a the chief reasons why.
Hard to disagree with that. Outside of Magic Mike, our QB threw more TD's to defenders than he did to guys wearing orange and white....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT