ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ketchstradamus makes his return!)

What about Shanahan—wouldn’t he be more needed than Cook or Owens?

The 1999 class had Alfio Randle, who was a five-star at one point in his recruitment, but was 10th in the state for me.

The 2000 class didn't have anyone like that.

2002 had Blalock

2009 had Mason Walters

@Ketchum

Buy or Sell: Sark calls in a favor to Sergio Garcia and has Arch inside the ropes at Dell Matchplay on Friday.

The fact is that a trio of Manning, Owens and Cook in the recruiting class would potentially represent the first time in UT recruiting history that the program has ever landed a national top-60 prospect (or better) at quarterback, running back and wide receiver in the same class.

Kind of stunning nauseating.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
3. Christian Jones emerges as a hot name along the offensive line and all of you will roll your eyes when it's reported.

Hear me out on Jones. For all of the things that Jones hasn't yet been in his career (namely a truly plus-player), he's a guy that has started the last 22 games at tackle, 13 of which have been at left tackle. Last year probably should have been the moment the light switch flipped on if it is ever going to flip on, but going through a coaching staff/scheme/terminology change might have stunted his growth. Maybe this is the year it happens. Considering the lack of quality and depth Texas has coming off the edge, it's quite possible that Jones will have one of the best camps of anyone on the team.

Sounds like he lined up at RT today in practice...

I think he is 100% guard. Will be interesting what Flood does for sure.
I think he's 100-percent the best lineman in the program when he shows up and Banks playing 12 games at left tackle as a true freshman is asking for trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT