ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ketchstradamus makes his return!)

I haven't seen Dune yet. Just curious why it wouldn't make your list for Best Director if it was a great cinematic achievement? I guess I have a Peter Jackson/LOTR expectation for Dune, so was surprised to not see Denis Villeneuve on your list.

Edit: I am not comparing Dune to LOTR, but rather the director's relationship to the films.
He would be listed, but he wasn't nominated.

Reactions: ScoutMLM
Interesting. I don't think it falls under "respect" or "disrespect" for a player if I DGAF about him when he leaves like he did. A player like Shane Buechele, will ALWAYS GAF about. Gilbert no. If you wish to childlishly think of that as "disrespect" then, well, I DGAF.
Marginalizing anything and everything he's ever done out of spite isn't disrespectful?

I just can’t give Beard a pass this year. Doesn’t mean I don’t believe in him as the answer, I just think he’s 0 for 1 so far. You don’t get hired away from a program competing in the top 15 in a secret meeting at McDonald’s with a fat contract and all the control he could want at a premier university and get a pass on a season that is mostly marked by inconsistency (the same ailment as his predecessor). If you’re making the money and you’re on my TV as the face of the product and I’m investing my time and money on you, I have high expectations, logistics be damned. I wouldn’t give a new top chef a pass at an expensive restaurant because he/she hired some new staff and had to work with different product vendors. The expectations remain high.

Reactions: txfight
lolol-lol.gif

I just can’t give Beard a pass this year. Doesn’t mean I don’t believe in him as the answer, I just think he’s 0 for 1 so far. You don’t get hired away from a program competing in the top 15 in a secret meeting at McDonald’s with a fat contract and all the control he could want at a premier university and get a pass on a season that is mostly marked by inconsistency (the same ailment as his predecessor). If you’re making the money and you’re on my TV as the face of the product and I’m investing my time and money on you, I have high expectations, logistics be damned. I wouldn’t give a top chef a pass at an expensive restaurant because he/she hired some new staff and had to work with different product vendors. The expectations remain high.
stand-by-you-im-with-you.gif

You know exactly what this feels like because you have the same expectations, new staff and industry changes be damned.
No doubt. My standards are my standards. They don't drop. It can be an uncomfortable deal when the sports that you cover fall so short of those standards that some people need to change their standards to sleep at night.

Marginalizing anything and everything he's ever done out of spite isn't disrespectful?

Marginalized? How so? I've said he was a below average QB in CFB and he's managed to hang around enough practice squads in the NFL to get the occasional "active roster" designation to qualify for an NFL pension. Is that somehow not his college and pro career in one sentence? So now truth/reality is "marginalizing" him? Ok.

No doubt. My standards are my standards. They don't drop. It can be an uncomfortable deal when the sports that you cover fall so short of those standards that some people need to change their standards to sleep at night.
Yup. And when a McCommas leaves, you don’t get a pass. We saw that exhibit.

Marginalized? How so? I've said he was a below average QB in CFB and he's managed to hang around enough practice squads in the NFL to get the occasional "active roster" designation to qualify for an NFL pension. Is that somehow not his college and pro career in one sentence? So now truth/reality is "marginalizing" him? Ok.
You know.... it's the reason why people ask whether he took a girl friend away from you at some point in life. 😂 😂 😂

It's a problem the film industry has to overcome.
Structural problem that is hard to overcome…tv series allow for deeper character development and special effects and production quality are virtually the same these days.

I generally find myself disappointed in most movies but love the quality of tv.

3. Christian Jones emerges as a hot name along the offensive line and all of you will roll your eyes when it's reported.

Hear me out on Jones. For all of the things that Jones hasn't yet been in his career (namely a truly plus-player), he's a guy that has started the last 22 games at tackle, 13 of which have been at left tackle. Last year probably should have been the moment the light switch flipped on if it is ever going to flip on, but going through a coaching staff/scheme/terminology change might have stunted his growth. Maybe this is the year it happens. Considering the lack of quality and depth Texas has coming off the edge, it's quite possible that Jones will have one of the best camps of anyone on the team.

RCSBX8R.gif

3. Christian Jones emerges as a hot name along the offensive line and all of you will roll your eyes when it's reported.

Hear me out on Jones. For all of the things that Jones hasn't yet been in his career (namely a truly plus-player), he's a guy that has started the last 22 games at tackle, 13 of which have been at left tackle. Last year probably should have been the moment the light switch flipped on if it is ever going to flip on, but going through a coaching staff/scheme/terminology change might have stunted his growth. Maybe this is the year it happens. Considering the lack of quality and depth Texas has coming off the edge, it's quite possible that Jones will have one of the best camps of anyone on the team.

RCSBX8R.gif
EXACTLY!

what's this pass you speak of? ;)
Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to tease you. You’re one of the kids that Santa doesn’t come see. Don’t worry, it’s not real anyway. ; )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT