ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ketchstradamus makes his return!)

JMO, but I don't think that question was asked in the context of "best player in history" but simply a particular coach's proverbial "straw that stirs the drink."

I wasn't thinking of it as best player in history.

No movie can be a good movie if it isn’t either entertaining, thought provoking or at least beautiful

Power of the dog was just dogshit
Oh stop. It's a beautiful movie from a cinematography standpoint at the very least.

JMO, but close for two quarters isn't competitive. FWIW, I don't think it's competitive for more than 15 minutes. Bama's history is they destroy opponents in these types of early season OOC games under Saban.
and destruction may very well happen

He's not tackle material, but yet he's started 22 games at tackle.

The first part is all that matters. I think we know the second part is damn near all due to lack of options.

I was going to disagree with your buy until I read you said “baby buy”, but even then, this team had a blah season (with horrible offense) for the transfers he brought him.
One and done after all the “March” comments he made doesn’t seem good enough.
It's not good enough, couldn't agree more. But it is progress. We won the first game, and somehow threatened to make the Sweet 16 against a much better team so I'll give Beard that.

But now he has to start from almost scratch for next season and the bar is already set at Sweet 16 or higher so he needs to get to work.

I will say that if DD had been healthy enough to play 25 minutes a game all year, this would have been a better team.

Oh stop. It's a beautiful movie from a cinematography standpoint at the very least.
The Power of the Dog simply does not warrant a best picture or best director nomination. The story was boring, slow, and borderline meaningless.

Someone needs to tell Hollywood that lack of dialogue doesn't make a movie "deep" or thought provoking. It makes it boring as hell.

POTD was the opposite of an Aaron Sorkin written script.

I haven't completely been able to wrap my head around how non-impactful he's been.
We are talking about someone who is about to go through their first spring, right? Tough crowd.

On the other hand, I have seen some reports that Sanders has shown more focus and effort during winter conditioning than at any point last season. Seems he may have taken the fact that they brought in Billingsley as a wake-up call. I will be interested to see if that plays out in the next 5 weeks.

We are talking about someone who is about to go through their first spring, right? Tough crowd.

I have seen some reports that Sanders has shown more focus and effort during winter conditioning than at any point last season. Seems he may have taken the fact that they brought in Billingsley as a wake-up call. I will be interested to see if that plays out in the next 5 weeks.
I've reported that he's shown promise in the off-season and seems to be doing better.

Still doesn't change the fact that I expected a 5-star to come in and do more than make zero impact.

My comment focuses on the inability to clear the lowest possible bar in year one.

I sure hope that the basketball team doesn't devolve into a 75% roster makeover every year. Personally, I find it very hard to get into a sport where most/all of the kids are new every year and basically the student part of student athlete has been totally thrown out the window.

I realize guys like Ramey, Jones & Cunningham have surely done their time at UT, but I just get this feeling they might be the last of a breed.

I really appreciate the Scholarship Board updates for football.

The big thing that it always reminds me of is how difficult it has become for Texas to bring in develop/progress and retain kids over a 4 year timeframe.

I don't think you win with Freshmen and Sophomores being the vast majority of players and top talent on your team. And very few kids seem to ever last to their Junior and Senior seasons.

Has Gilbert earned his pension in the league or not?

Yes or no.

Was Gilbert an elite college skill player? Yes or no.

Never have figured out what his NFL pension status has to do with his college career discussion. I mean, Stephen McGee earned his NFL pension a lot quicker.

You try way too hard. Had we drawn Wisconsin as our 3, we would be headed to the sweet 16 as well. We drew perhaps the worst personnel matchup we could draw. And we advance if there’s not a 33 FT discrepancy.

The tourney is all about matchups and always has been.
Well if you dont shit the bed in several regular season games you wouldnt be playing a 3 seed in the second round. We made our matchup

I sure hope that the basketball team doesn't devolve into a 75% roster makeover every year. Personally, I find it very hard to get into a sport where most/all of the kids are new every year and basically the student part of student athlete has been totally thrown out the window.

I realize guys like Ramey, Jones & Cunningham have surely done their time at UT, but I just get this feeling they might be the last of a breed.
I think there might have to be one more huge turnover before the program settles.

I really appreciate the Scholarship Board updates for football.

The big thing that it always reminds me of is how difficult it has become for Texas to bring in develop/progress and retain kids over a 4 year timeframe.

I don't think you win with Freshmen and Sophomores being the vast majority of players and top talent on your team. And very few kids seem to ever last to their Junior and Senior seasons.
They do at really, really good programs.

Was Gilbert an elite college skill player? Yes or no.

Never have figured out what his NFL pension status has to do with his college career discussion. I mean, Stephen McGee earned his NFL pension a lot quicker.

Of course, he never emerged as an elite college skill player.

It's just about a morsel of respect.

He was just a pretty good college player for a myriad of reasons, but one that produced more than 10,000+ yards of offense. He has ended up sticking around in a league full of 1% of 1% workers, earned a super bowl ring, had a chance to make a start on Thanksgiving for Americas team and played long enough in the league to earn a pension.

That's worth a morsel of respect. I just can't make you give it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT