ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let the hype begin because this doesn't happen often...)

e. I'm expecting the greatest pre-game atmosphere in the history of the Texas football program. Yes, the Longhorns have played in monster home games in the past, but this city has never seen the Louisiana Cajuns come to town in the modern era of the sport. The food and drinks are going to be out of this world. So, will the trash-talking.

Probably splitting hairs, but tOSU's visit in '06 single-handedly shifted the tailgating world forever. We had tail-gated with relative ease in the same spot in the lot due north of the Stephen F. Austin bldg for the previous 10 seasons. Then in the blink of an eye that was gone forever as word got out that people were getting online to reserve spots, and I actually had to take off work on Friday to wait all day to get into a different lot just caddy-corner from the previous one.

Joseph Ossai: He was a smidge of luck away from two interceptions (including a pick-six) and a sack in his first start of the season. I don't know if he'll get his hands on any more interceptions, but he has a chance to be a double-digit sack player. I think we're looking at an all-Big 12 and potential Defensive Player of the Year candidate as a sophomore.

He showed an elite level of ability to make a play on a ball in the air. Not a LBs in college can make those plays. That was 'Bama style elite ability.

Nope. Nobody is leap-frogging Clemson, 'Bama, UGA until they lose. The highest we will be, barring losses from any of those 3 is #4 in a battle w/tOSU.
I'm not expecting all of those teams to be undefeated by the time Texas plays Oklahoma.

... Guys, I've been trying to tell you that Jalen Hurts is very good. The Texas/Oklahoma game might be the most entertaining game in the country in 2019 and we might see it twice.

Now for SURE, plenty tried to tell us Hurts was "not suited for Riley's offense." Which of course, is rather bizarre since apparently RILEY thought different. The 2008 TX/OU game is my all-time favorite when you combine level of play and satisfaction of the result. Well, this October we damn well might top it.

@Ketchum i am a little worried about the game this week. What did you see from Texas that makes you so bullish? Can you give more detail with your reasoning? Anything you saw from LSU that pushed that narrative more?
Aren't you usually worried about them every week against every opponent?

Now for SURE, plenty tried to tell us Hurts was "not suited for Riley's offense." Which of course, is rather bizarre since apparently RILEY thought different. The 2008 TX/OU game is my all-time favorite when you combine level of play and satisfaction of the result. Well, this October we damn well might top it.
1,000-percent agree.

No one specifically in my head, but teams lose games.

Here's Bama's schedule through 10/12
Nobody
@ Muschamp
Nobody
Ole Miss
@ aggy

Clemson
Aggy
@ 'Cuse
Nobody
@ The Fighting Mack Browns
FSU

UGA
Nobody
Nobody
Domer
@ TN
Muschamp

Sure, "teams" lose games. Those 3 have lost a combined ONE game before NOVEMBER in the last 2 seasons.

Here's Bama's schedule through 10/12
Nobody
@ Muschamp
Nobody
Ole Miss
@ aggy

Clemson
Aggy
@ 'Cuse
Nobody
@ The Fighting Mack Browns
FSU

UGA
Nobody
Nobody
Domer
@ TN
Muschamp

Sure, "teams" lose games. Those 3 have lost a combined ONE game before NOVEMBER in the last 2 seasons.
UGA loses before November.

@Ketchum FWIW, it doesn't really if we are as high as 3 or 4 when we beat OU. We TCB and the rankings of course will take care of itself.

Buying into that requires some orange-tinted glasses and a huge chug of kool aid.

Ehlinger's a good manager of the offense, but he isn't an elite passer like Lawrence and Tua. Both are on teams that are no. 1 and no. 2, both have won their conferences and both have played for a NC.

Like Tebow, Ehlinger is a FB playing hard-nosed QB. And like Tebow, the Longhorns would need to be no. 1 or 2 in the polls for a lot of weeks in order for Sam to get enough national hype to win the Heisman.
Are you a Lake Travis fan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT