ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (More talented than the team that got Mack fired?...)

a. Penders was involved in the release of a player's grades to the media in an effort to sully the kid's rep.

b. There were allegations that Penders used to call players late at night when he'd had a few.

Chico told me some zingers about Penders. Hilarious. Good to see him getting the positive recognition he deserves....Runnin’ Horns...those were some fun times.

Chico told me some zingers about Penders. Hilarious. Good to see him getting the positive recognition he deserves....Runnin’ Horns...those were some fun times.
Mostly disappointing over thew years, but always worth a watch.

The recent teams are just disappoitning.

Or Jamaal Charles. Neither has been shunned from the school for the last two decades.

Well, last I checked neither were involved in the possible violation of federal law putting the school in a pickle. If there's a reason either Augustin or Charles should have been shunned then I'm all eyes. ;)

Well, last I checked neither were involved in the possible violation of federal law putting the school in a pickle. If there's a reason either Augustin or Charles should have been shunned then I'm all eyes. ;)
One if just a slightly more notable event than the other IMO based on the very breaking of federal laws you're discussing.

When we get closer to the actual event, you better believe we'll celebrate those that didn't break federal laws.

But, that feels like burying the lede in the here and now.

2010 team finished 5-7
2013 team finished 8-5
2015 team finished 5-7
2017 team finished 7-6

For the sake of Longhorn fans, there will be no comparing the results of this 2020 team to those previous squads.

2013 RBs over 2020 RBs is insane.
Not even a little.

Again, you had two five stars and another back combining for more than 2,000 yards and 25 touchdowns from a pretty decent 2012 team.

Gray was a pre-season second-team All-Big 12 selection. No back on the current team can claim that,

2010 team finished 5-7
2013 team finished 8-5
2015 team finished 5-7
2017 team finished 7-6

For the sake of Longhorn fans, there will be no comparing the results of this 2020 team to those previous squads.
That's the scary part.

Not even a little.

Again, you had two five stars and another back combining for more than 2,000 yards and 25 touchdowns from a pretty decent 2012 team.

Gray was a pre-season second-team All-Big 12 selection. No back on the current team can claim that,
Who cares that they were 5 stars in HS? Neither of them showed up looking like 5 stars. Double who cares to the 2nd team all-conference votes.

2020 has two guys who averaged over 5.3 ypc, both of whom looked better than any of the 2012 backs, and adds the best HS RB in the country.

Reactions: horns--21
Honestly, my memory of some of the details isn't as sharp as it used to be.

Here's a look at the lawsuit between Penders and Oran.

http://a.espncdn.com/ncb/news/2002/0809/1416088.html

Here's one on what happened.

https://www.gwhatchet.com/1999/08/23/the-best-little-scandal-in-texas/

Thanks. My memory is pretty good on the details from that era. Short term......not so much.
One of the many reasons I don't like Roy Williams, he tried to make Luke into something he was not & ruined him. I coached for quite a number of years and you have to work with a players natural tendencies to get the best out of them.

Who cares that they were 5 stars in HS? Neither of them showed up looking like 5 stars. Double who cares to the 2nd team all-conference votes.

2020 has two guys who averaged over 5.3 ypc, both of whom looked better than any of the 2012 backs, and adds the best HS RB in the country.
when it comes to the perception that we had of the backs in real time before the 2013 season, it matters a lot.

For the same reasons that giving the current team value for the presence of Bijan.

It matters.

Your opinions of them in 2020 don't.

when it comes to the perception that we had of the backs in real time before the 2013 season, it matters a lot.

For the same reasons that giving the current team value for the presence of Bijan.

It matters.

Your opinions of them in 2020 don't.
5 star hype matters before they've played. Not after they show up looking like jags.

Except they didn't play like jags as a group in 2012. Far from it.
Going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

Btw you have mentioned that when Brown and Gray arrived to their first camp, nobody was gushing over them like they have Bijan.

I'm reaching back to what I thought in 2013, and I was not nearly as excited about that RB unit as I am this group. This is the best three-headed monster at RB I can remember.

Congrats for Coach Penders! I was on campus the year we went to Great 8 only to see Arkansas again. And energy and hate for the Razorbacks was incredible with BMW.

Except they didn't play like jags as a group in 2012. Far from it.

You're sorta overcooking what they did in '12.
For one, they didn't really come close to 2k yds, much like go over. The trio combined for less than 1600 yds. in '19, Ingram and a guy converted from QB just weeks before the season combined for 1500 yds.
The '12 trio averaged 4.7 yds/carry
'19 duo including a guy converted from QB just weeks before the season averaged 5.6 ypc.

The '19 duo including a guy converted from QB just weeks before the season combined for 18 TDs.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY

Btw you have mentioned that when Brown and Gray arrived to their first camp, nobody was gushing over them like they have Bijan.

I'm reaching back to what I thought in 2013, and I was not nearly as excited about that RB unit as I am this group. This is the best three-headed monster at RB I can remember.

Yep. And look at the numbers comparison that I just posted.

Not even a little.

I would even say that the WR for 2010 should be higher.

Forgot about Malcolm Williams and Brandon Collins. They were both slated to be Jrs that year and the hype before the season was that we would not have much drop-off from 2009.

Hard to not have that 2010 defense first in every category as well. I believe it ended up in the top 10 in total defense that year in the country.

Except neither guy that played last year played well consistently. On the contrary, you never knew what you were going to get from week to week... from either of them.

You're sorta overcooking what they did in '12.
For one, they didn't really come close to 2k yds, much like go over. The trio combined for less than 1600 yds. in '19, Ingram and a guy converted from QB just weeks before the season combined for 1500 yds.
The '12 trio averaged 4.7 yds/carry
'19 duo including a guy converted from QB just weeks before the season averaged 5.6 ypc.

The '19 duo including a guy converted from QB just weeks before the season combined for 18 TDs.
a. I said 2,000 yards of offense and 25 touchdowns

118681784_3343219939076343_4597000863469311769_n.jpg

Just shy of 2,000 yards of total offense and 25 touchdowns.

b. The numbers from a year ago are part of a Big12 wide inflation of running game stats. I think Kennedy Brooks has a higher YPC than Adrian Peterson by a full yard.

Is he a full yard per carry better than Peterson?

c. Neither back returning from last season put more than two or three quality performances in a row together. From week to week, you didn't know if Ingram was going to go for 80+ or get limited to less than 10 yards.

The 2012 guys was consistently pretty good, and never better than that, but they were consistently pretty good and productive.

Ingram and Johnson were not.

Except neither guy that played last year played well consistently. On the contrary, you never knew what you were going to get from week to week... from either of them.

And the guys in '12 did?
Gray's total rushing gamelog - 9, 50, 60, 68, 87, 16, 56, 111, 106. 74, 47, 29, 18
Brown - 105, 5, 128, 7, 31, 40, 8
Bergeron - 110, 49, 48, 48, 45, 1, 117, 32, 14, 86, 12, 3, 2.

Again, you're greatly overcooking that group.

Reactions: TD TX TD VY
Contracts with 8 figures to the left of the decimal remaining suggests that are demanding it with spending, if not additional accountability.
Don't confuse spending money with accountability. CDC hamstrung the athletic department by extending Herman prematurely. Texas has routinely overspent and not received a good return for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT