ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Notre Dame game is everything)

The Vegas line rarely moves at all over the presence or lack of a presence of a kicker.

That's exactly right. That's not how Vegas works at all. And btw, couldn't care less about spelling. Just keep providing the awesome reporting. You guys all do an incredible job!!!

Cal is a coin flip to me right now. I don't trust this team on the road to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Fair enough. Cal's going to be my ass dude and if we aren't able to leave NorCal with a W, then Charlie's gonna have some serious tough sledding a head of him.

Reactions: McHorn
Fair enough. Cal's going to be my ass dude and if we aren't able to leave NorCal with a W, then Charlie's gonna have some serious tough sledding a head of him.
same page

Do you really, though? It wasn't best vs. best. The OU game is the one you hang your hat on IMO from 2015. The Baylor game wasn't a loss, but it wasn't a statement win.
But, But, I Really enjoyed watching us beat them, several times now :D

I'm surprised you think we have a good enough chance to beat Notre Dame to call it a BIG game. They have experienced, quality QBs, a good pass blocking OL and we know they will score some points. On the other side, their strength will be stopping the run. That leaves us with a freshman QB testing a depleted ND secondary. We have a fighting chance if Buchele plays like as seasoned vet but more like a 25% chance of winning IMO.

Unless the sops and frosh are future national champ material, unfortunately we're still a 7-8 regular season win team IMO.

The Baylor schedule

You weren't here for the Mack Brown days when that was our early season schedule. Allowed new players good reps. I'd like to see Buchelle playing that schedule then running up against Notre Dame early in the season. Folks pushed for a tougher out of conference schedule and here it is now.

You weren't here for the Mack Brown days when that was our early season schedule. Allowed new players good reps. I'd like to see Buchelle playing that schedule then running up against Notre Dame early in the season. Folks pushed for a tougher out of conference schedule and here it is now.
Mack never scheduled as weak as Baylor, stop it.;)

Reactions: GigoloJoe
This statement, "The program might be stocked with some of the best young talent that it has seen in its history...", prompted me to suggest a mods draft beginning with Mack's tenure. It would be interesting to see how many on the current roster would get picked. I am doubtful that many would be taken early. It would be difficult since most are still in the early stages if their careers.

After the draft, start a poll to select the best job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT