ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend... (Now is no time to flinch)

No Heather Locklear? Pick your show - Dynasty or TJ Hooker for the 80s.

Heather-Locklear.jpg

Yes lawd!!!!

If you're gonna go child star, how is Alyssa Milano (80s' version) below Punky Brewster?
Heather Locklear...(TJ Hooker & Dynasty). I had posters.
And more Dynasty, I was team Linda Evans over team Joan Collins.

If you're gonna go child star, how is Alyssa Milano (80s' version) below Punky Brewster?
Heather Locklear...(TJ Hooker & Dynasty). I had posters.
And more Dynasty, I was team Linda Evans over team Joan Collins.
I just liked Punky more.

Locklear and Milano both were in the top 14.

Usually I'd agree that a tie goes to the younger player. But as you explained on the modcast, @Ketchum , one could argue that Sark's entire tenure turns on getting the QB right *this year*. Under those circumstances, I might go with experience over upside in attempt to win as many games as possible right now.
Not necessarily, Sark needs to explode next year on the field, not this year,and the only way to do that is have the QB question settled by second or third game this year and play him to where when next year rolls around you’ll have BIJAN in his final year, very experienced WR’s and Olinemen in Sarks system and a QB ready from day one. I don’t care which one it is but to me the tie would go to Card w his three remaining years.

I mean... they've had two really good tackles.

One was a Rivals 250 player and the other was a high three star.
Three. You missed Calvin Anderson, now with the Denver Broncos. A 2 star recruit.

Three. You missed Calvin Anderson, now with the Denver Broncos. A 2 star recruit.
He was a transfer. I'm not sure you get to count his ranking. The thinning of the herd was done for Texas in that case.

Reactions: 41to38
Hate is a strong word. My wife doesn’t hate anything…she strongly dislikes me for loving your biz too much. Punky loves everyone.
I loved the hell out of that show. I think a part of it was because I didn't have a dad. I just loved her when I was a kid.

Reactions: JoeUT
I think the thing that may turn that common wisdom on it's head is the fact that Casey just obtained his degree and can bounce at a moment's notice and potentially end up starting somewhere else at some point during the 2021 season. If he loses the starting job to Card before the season, he will likely never be the starter at UT unless Card is injured or fails miserably. On the other hand, Card just got accepted to the prestigious business school and even if he didn't play a single minute during the upcoming season, he would still have 4 full years of college eligibility left. To go from having two experienced QB's with exciting potential, to being one injury away from having true freshman Charles Wright as your starter before coaching a single game would be a major SNAFU on Sark's part. You don't think that's gonna play at least a small role in who he ultimately decides to roll out as the starter in game one? Particularly if there's no sizeable, on the field separation between the two.
What’s Thompson gonna do if he finds out in late Aug. that he’s the backup? Shane didn’t pout when Sam beat him out, he was mature and stayed while at the same time telling horrible Tom not to play him in more than 4 games. Casey is just as thoughtful and mature
AND smart enough to know that he will play some this year and still have two years of eligibility afterwards. I don’t buy that Casey automatically bolts.

I loved the hell out of that show. I think a part of it was because I didn't have a dad. I just loved her when I was a kid.m
I loved the hell out of that show. I think a part of it was because I didn't have a dad. I just loved her when I was a kid.
The best. Shown it to the twins? My kids are same age and I’m about to dig it up.

ADVERTISEMENT