ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Now what?)

I don't think the fan base thinks that of him, either. He's in the range of No.6 or No.7 all-time. That's fair.
Yup. We’ve discussed it here before. He’s a hall of really good player, not a hall of fame player.

The B12 sucking this year is really complicating getting rid of Herman.
Winning it this year won't mean much in the grand scheme as it's just not a good conference this year.
Beggars can't be choosey.

TH must have pictures of Gundy and Boone Pickens in a devil's threeway. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the gift that Gundy gave him on Saturday.

TH must have pictures of Gundy and Boone Pickens in a devil's threeway. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the gift that Gundy gave him on Saturday.
Gundy is great, but a game like Saturday is not beneath him.

Reactions: TexMexEx
Never seen it!

Below is an abbreviated synopsis. It blew me away when I saw it later in 1987.

“Highlander is a 1986 fantasy action-adventure film directed by Russell Mulcahy and based on a story by Gregory Widen. It stars Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Clancy Brown, and Roxanne Hart. The film chronicles the climax of an ages-old war between immortal warriors, depicted through interwoven past and present-day storylines.”

Connery played the main character’s mentor, Ramirez a cultured Spaniard. The main character is actually from mid evil Scotland.

The scene changes between present and past are pretty good. The ending is a bit cheesy now but was great back then. You have to realize the time the movie was made.

It’s the special effects that become cheesy, not the story line. The present music is 80’s queen and other similar artists.

The opening scene takes you, after a literal sword fight in a LA parking garage, to mid-evil Scotland by changing floors using the camera. Awesome visual effect!

Below is an abbreviated synopsis. It blew me away when I saw it later in 1987.

“Highlander is a 1986 fantasy action-adventure film directed by Russell Mulcahy and based on a story by Gregory Widen. It stars Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery, Clancy Brown, and Roxanne Hart. The film chronicles the climax of an ages-old war between immortal warriors, depicted through interwoven past and present-day storylines.”

Connery played the main character’s mentor, Ramirez a cultured Spaniard. The main character is actually from mid evil Scotland.

The scene changes between present and past are pretty good. The ending is a bit cheesy now but was great back then. You have to realize the time the movie was made.

It’s the special effects that become cheesy, not the story line. The present music is 80’s queen and other similar artists.

The opening scene takes you, after a literal sword fight in a LA parking garage, to mid-evil Scotland by changing floors using the camera. Awesome visual effect!
Sounds like it needs to be on my to-do-list.

Reactions: longhorn73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT