ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Ok, let's talk about what happened this weekend...)

Sick of seeing Texas losing games and top shelf Texas high school talent year after year after year.

tenor.gif

same feeling here.

Why is the sky always falling. This article acts like we never get the cute and poplar girl. This is what happens when you flip entire staff and recruiting is about relationships. I think we are creating or supporting don’t come to elite Texas narrative. If a 17 year old is reading this message board the feeling would be Texas is not ready for me. Positive energy is needed team. Herman’s got this and he is doing all the things to lead this team. Come on Texas Fight!!!

Fantastic Lies was one of the best documentaries I have seen.

For the record, Scottie Pippen can never be ranked ahead of Charles Barkley on any all-time NBA players list. Period. It shouldn't annoy me, but it does. You can rank him ahead of all the Robins you want, but he can't rank ahead of other all-time great Batmen.

Completely agree. I don’t think people remember how dominant he was in his prime. Pippen was never that good.

Reactions: Stars over Texas
Austin’s outpost is average to good. Stubbs in Lubbock was a legend.
Sounds like you may have eaten barbecue in Lubbock.

Did you ever eat a barbecue restaurant on 50th Street between Memphis and Indiana, north side of 50th? I want to say it was called The Roadhouse, but not sure. Good beef ribs.

Edit: It was the Texas Spoon.

Great article Ketch. Lot of people on this board needed to read it and realize where we’re at currently.

Why is negative recruiting against us so effective? Seems like we always hear about that, but we never hear Texas using negative recruiting to their advantage. Are we just above it and think that the program should sell itself?

You can only have one. Liverpool signs Timo Werner. Texas signs Wheaton?
Wheaton means that all kinds fo good things happened thatr might impact the business positively.

Give me the one that impacts OB.

Great read man. A-f*ing-men. None of where we are should be a surprise. He just fired almost everyone for god sakes and we are in the middle of a pandemic. If that doesn’t spell out the issues, nobody can help you. I’m not going to freak out, but if he can’t win games and pull a top 5-10 class out of this, we will just be playing out the string.

This just crossed my mind, but what is gonna happen to high school football this season?
I'm thinking we won't see it.

Why is the sky always falling. This article acts like we never get the cute and poplar girl. This is what happens when you flip entire staff and recruiting is about relationships. I think we are creating or supporting don’t come to elite Texas narrative. If a 17 year old is reading this message board the feeling would be Texas is not ready for me. Positive energy is needed team. Herman’s got this and he is doing all the things to lead this team. Come on Texas Fight!!!
I think the point of what was written was to stress the sky isn't falling, but there aren't rainbows in the sky, either.

Reactions: Rotarran9116
Completely agree. I don’t think people remember how dominant he was in his prime. Pippen was never that good.
Jordan's greatest quality was rendering the other all-time great players in that era to his bitches. Barkley thought he was great until he played Jordan in the Finals. Then he realized there are levels to greatness and he wasn't on his.

Reactions: GQ03
Great article Ketch. Lot of people on this board needed to read it and realize where we’re at currently.

Why is negative recruiting against us so effective? Seems like we always hear about that, but we never hear Texas using negative recruiting to their advantage. Are we just above it and think that the program should sell itself?
I think what some call negative recruiting, I just call recruiting.

It’s a combination of relentless media support for the SEC, SEC commissioner running rings around the other conferences (bye week vs the citadel late in the year), illegal payments (Hi Tennessee), and finally lots of money as a result of the first point making perception become reality.

We can come back but we have to win.

Reactions: NotSOFlashy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT