ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (One last goodbye to Bru McCoy...)

That is cheating.
cheating.jpg
I've been in a great mood all weekend. Why not have a little fun.:D

Reactions: HALOMAN
If people don’t take 1:18 and watch the video in #10 they’ll regret it. Especially the
last line, for me.

What do you tell a fan who’s dying and very likely doesn’t make it until the game? Pretty much that.

FYI - Evans has made it long enough to see Liverpool win. :)
^^^^this

Reactions: pied
On a serious note, guys I'd ask you top indulge me for this weekend. I've literally only had one thing on my brain for a week. No soccer for the next two months, so you're in a safe zone.
Of course... lord knows you put up with a bunch of random off topic shit on the board hehe

Reactions: Ketchum
I've been in a great mood all weekend. Why not have a little fun.:D
Sure have fun while you should be toiling away trying to get more positive information about Texas recruiting. Geeezzz..... be better. No one authorized fun.
Z7HeRxU.jpg

It too is an all-time movie, but Peck's performance is piece of Americana. JMO.
I think the reason your teachers showed the movie is that it is based on one of the greatest American novels which is taught in almost all schools, not because of Peck’s acting. Don’t get me wrong, Peck was great, but O’Toole’s performance was better IMO.

I think the reason your teachers showed the movie is that it is based on one of the greatest American novels which is taught in almost all schools, not because of Peck’s acting. Don’t get me wrong, Peck was great, but O’Toole’s performance was better IMO.
I might have to watch both again this week!

@Ketchum , My prediction for Evans is that he and George sign with Bama and are both in the transfer portal after their freshman year.

It too is an all-time movie, but Peck's performance is piece of Americana. JMO.

There have been multiple "Greatest Films" threads on the board. Lawrence of Arabia pretty much always gets listed by multiple members. I don't think To Kill A Mockingbird ever has been listed. The disparity to just too great. And Lawrence is such a character film and acting film. Mockingbird is more of a story film.

O'Toole as Lawrence >>>>> Peck as Finch (I think that was the original question).

No disrespect intended. JMO.

I liked the soccer stuff. I'm biased though. You could tell you were pretty pumped to write this article. Glad Bru stuff is over and hopefully USC continues to harbor a soft team mentality.

I asked why? and you told me pretty much told me what I thought. Fair enough. Thanks for responding
I'm not aiming this comment at you, but a lot of people are outright dicks and feel like a subscription means that they can talk to me and other members of our team any old way they want to.

I don't believe that to be the case at all. I've been pretty consistent about that view for almost 20 years.

O'Toole as Lawrence >>>>> Peck as Finch (I think that was the original question).

Finally somebody gets it. The question I posed was not about the films involved, but about the actors, and which one should have won the Academy Award for Best Actor.

"To Kill A Mockingbird" is a great film and tells a story that has resonated over the years. Gregory Peck's performance was splendid.

"Lawrence of Arabia" was also a great film. And that is an understatement. It told the story of T. E. Lawrence and the history of how the Middle East was fought over for years. That fight continues today, as do many of the storylines in Mockingbird.

But the question I raised had to do with acting, not Best Picture or most memorable, etc. In my opinion, Peter O'Toole's performance was superior to that of Gregory Peck.

And the thinking in Hollywood at that time was that "it was Greg's turn." After all, he had been nominated four times previously for "The Keys of the Kingdom" in 1945, "The Yearling" in 1946, "Gentlemen's Agreement" in 1947, and "Twelve O'Clock High" in 1949, but had yet to win.

And besides, "Lawrence of Arabia" was O'Toole's first film and he'd have plenty of other chances to win Best Actor...but he never did despite being nominated seven more times.

Reactions: Dualthreat
Nice piece on McCoy. My only problem is it could turn into a can of worms. If more start getting homesick and transfer the only thing that can stop it if they have to sit out a year. I hope McCoy has to sit out only for that reason.

Brown ahead of Popovitch is a TRAVESTY!

Rating Parcels so highly is ill advised. His time with the Cowboys was a joke. His offense was schizophrenic- riverboat gambler one game and completely anal the next. I will never forget the year he was starting Vinnie Testaverde at age 42 or so and halfway through the season Dallas was completely out of the playoff picture, needing desperately to evaluate a couple of young quarterbacks on the roster, and Bill announced Vinnie was his man and he was sticking with him as starter for the rest of the season. Then he did exactly that. That season finally extinguished my once fanatic support for the Boys.

Finally somebody gets it. The question I posed was not about the films involved, but about the actors, and which one should have won the Academy Award for Best Actor.

"To Kill A Mockingbird" is a great film and tells a story that has resonated over the years. Gregory Peck's performance was splendid.

"Lawrence of Arabia" was also a great film. And that is an understatement. It told the story of T. E. Lawrence and the history of how the Middle East was fought over for years. That fight continues today, as do many of the storylines in Mockingbird.

But the question I raised had to do with acting, not Best Picture or most memorable, etc. In my opinion, Peter O'Toole's performance was superior to that of Gregory Peck.

And the thinking in Hollywood at that time was that "it was Greg's turn." After all, he had been nominated four times previously for "The Keys of the Kingdom" in 1945, "The Yearling" in 1946, "Gentlemen's Agreement" in 1947, and "Twelve O'Clock High" in 1949, but had yet to win.

And besides, "Lawrence of Arabia" was O'Toole's first film and he'd have plenty of other chances to win Best Actor...but he never did despite being nominated seven more times.
My comment was based on acting only. Peck is the heart and soul of the film.

Reactions: I Hear Voices
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT