ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (One more quarterback column)

pool fans gonna pool....
Last four weeks.

Dominated Barcelona.
Mostly dominated Arsenal.
Mostly dominated Burnley (inexplicably took the L)
Mostly outclassed Tottenham.

None of those games were at home.

I'm not making it up.

hey, it would be nice to write about a good team for a change. Am I the bummer or is Texas football the bummer?
OB needs to adapt. Horns are exciting because of their potential. Not in spite of it. OB tends to act like something was taken from them.

Creative writing.... pfffffff lulz
saved your first post for that, huh?

21129266.jpg

Reactions: cordpetee
OB needs to adapt. Horns are exciting because of their potential. Not in spite of it. OB tends to act like something was taken from them.
It's called reporting. I'm not in the hype game or the pretending business. It's a team with major question marks coming off a ragtag season.

We're not the ones that need adapting. We're national champs in our industry.

It's called reporting. I'm not in the hype game or the pretending business. It's a team with major question marks coming off a ragtag season.

We're not the ones that need adapting. We're national champs in our industry.

I took at as him addressing the masses on OB's not the mods. Perhaps my take was off?

I thought it was a critique of us, specifically. If not, my bad.
Ehh, not sure. Anyway good write up. The truth about where this program is right now is depressing. I'm not sure what the answers are. I hope it's Charlie because I do like him. This year is so important not only for him but the program as a whole. If we start 1-5 it will be UGLY and that is a real possibility. I really hope we are able to move the ball on the ground while the QB situation sorts itself out. Oh well, there's always something else to turn my attention and money to. The fall is a nice time to volunteer for charitable work. They get a little short handed during football season.

Obviously QB play gives teams the edge to compete for titles, but consistent depth and maturity along the LOS is how programs stay consistently good. That's how teams manage 9-3 in their bad years. You can't count on having Joe Montana at the helm year in and year out, but you can build a team that's pretty tough even if the QB isn't great.
I totally agree,Alabama is testament to the fact that you just need an adequate q-back if the other positions are strong

I totally agree,Alabama is testament to the fact that you just need an adequate q-back if the other positions are strong
Alabama is the extreme exception. Ain't nobody else pulling it off.

I hate to say it, but so is OU. When their QB sucks, they're still 9-3. When their QB is pretty good, they're a top ten team.

Reactions: txfight
A year ago weren't we all ready for the Heard era to begin? Why were they keeping this guy off the field? Then he played against Cal and OU and we all sang to the heavens for the answer to our prayers. Then every other game including ISU happened.

Perhaps the answer isn't "anything but Swoopes" and maybe a healthy dose of QB combo is what Buechele will need to give him more time to grow, mentally and physically. Perhaps we pay 2 dudes over $6m a year to know that and we have to trust them on it.

BTW, I don't expect this to be a popular post :)

Reactions: Ketchum
A year ago weren't we all ready for the Heard era to begin? Why were they keeping this guy off the field? Then he played against Cal and OU and we all sang to the heavens for the answer to our prayers. Then every other game including ISU happened.

Perhaps the answer isn't "anything but Swoopes" and maybe a healthy dose of QB combo is what Buechele will need to give him more time to grow, mentally and physically. Perhaps we pay 2 dudes over $6m a year to know that and we have to trust them on it.

BTW, I don't expect this to be a popular post :)
I liked your post.

No. 9 – Eternal Randomness of the Spotty Sports Mind …

… I have to be feeling pretty good if I’m a Houston Texans fan after that destruction of the Cardinals on Sunday. I can’t wait to see what Brock Osweiler has up his sleeves.

… Hello, Melvin Gordon! You’re becoming a more tasty fantasy option by the second.

… So, where does Dak Prescott go in a 17-round keeper league? He could be an interesting guy to take a flyer on late.

... I believe in the Rally Mantis in Kansas City.

… Nice job, New York Little League baseball. Way to bring it home.

… Paige Van Zant landed one of the top knockouts of the year in the UFC this weekend.

… Man City is having the same start to its season this year that it had a year ago, a year when I was taught just how long the EPL seasons are. There’s no reason to overreact to anything after three games. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

… If I’m Manchester United, Marcus Rashford has to be on the pitch every game. Let’s not make this rocket science, Jose.

Hate to break it to you Ketch, but last year City wasn't being managed by Pep. Welcome to the new world order in the EPL.

I thought it was a critique of us, specifically. If not, my bad.
You guys are great, objective, and smart. I'm an old whose positive outlook on all things burnt orange can really be annoying, especially to my wife and kids. Ketch, I know you love what you do and it's hard covering this football team sometimes. Hook 'em. and God Bless Texas.

Reactions: ArielC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT