ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Quinn Ewers' Legacy at Texas)

In over Bobby Dillon?
Nobis was a #1 overall pick and Rookie of Year. How he isn't in the Hall of Fame as a player is beyond me.

He was no slouch as a back office guy either.

Yes, we can start the discussion with Bobby Dillon and work our way up.

Reactions: Touchstone
Nobis was a #1 overall pick and Rookie of Year. How he isn't in the Hall of Fame as a player is beyond me.

He was no slouch as a back office guy either.

Yes, we can start the discussion with Bobby Dillon and work our way up.
I'm not sure how much further up you can justify placing him.

Maybe not but it’s nearly 100 million total that would have to be written in that 12 month or less timeframe.
How much is momentum and recruiting worth in college football?

We might find out soon.

A few thoughts...

a. I thought he was better in 2021 thAn 2022. I expected him to take a big step last year and he didn't.

b. I have high hopes for him before his career is over.

c. But, he's not a guarantee on the box just yet and not a guy that I believe projects as a top three or four rounds in the draft when he does come out, barring a real spike in production over a season.
@sodiumacetate Before I unpin, any final thoughts?

How much is momentum and recruiting worth in college football?

We might find out soon.
It doesn’t matter what it’s worth.

It’s not A&M’s decision to make. It never is. It’s those folks kicking total ass and making bank.

And I don’t think in this current environment there are going to be NEARLY as many people wanting to scratch 5 or 10 million dollars checks because the last idiot AD made a very bad decision rhen doubled down.

Next year there will be fewer people willing (actually able).
The year after that entirely possible fewer even.

@sodiumacetate Before I unpin, any final thoughts?
Agree on "a", although I still think he was a big part of the improved rush defense in 2022.

I think a lot of what he does well, and what he's supposed to do in this scheme, is attack the a gap and disrupt the run blocking scheme. He forces a lot of runs to bounce outside away from the blocking.

I also don't think he's a sure fire day 1 or day 2 pick, mostly because of his size. But he is so good against the run that I also think its not crazy to think he won't have another strong year and garner some legitimate interest.

The odd thing for me about how some national media, rival fans, and even our own fans think of Ewers is they completely overlook the fact that Ewers was in essence a true-FR last season.

How many QBs come straight from HS and can start at a place like Texas a run a very multiple and somewhat difficult playbook that Sark runs??

I don’t get why he’s treated by some unfairly and held to a different standard while completely and conveniently not realizing he was comparatively in his first season out of HS.

I think I know some peoples motives but it’s likely better suited for the corral.

Agree on "a", although I still think he was a big part of the improved rush defense in 2022.

I think a lot of what he does well, and what he's supposed to do in this scheme, is attack the a gap and disrupt the run blocking scheme. He forces a lot of runs to bounce outside away from the blocking.

I also don't think he's a sure fire day 1 or day 2 pick, mostly because of his size. But he is so good against the run that I also think its not crazy to think he won't have another strong year and garner some legitimate interest.
we're mostly on the same page.

most of my pushback isn't that he is either good or going to be very good, it's that he would leap to the NFL after this season.

I just don't see that.

The odd thing for me about how some national media, rival fans, and even our own fans think of Ewers is they completely overlook the fact that Ewers was in essence a true-FR last season.

How many QBs come straight from HS and can start at a place like Texas a run a very multiple and somewhat difficult playbook that Sark runs??

I don’t get why he’s treated by some unfairly and held to a different standard while completely and conveniently not realizing he was comparatively in his first season out of HS.

I think I know some peoples motives but it’s likely better suited for the corral.
The absolute expectations is that we haven't come close to seeing the best of Ewers.l

Jamaal Charles has the highest per carry average in NFL history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT