ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Ready or not, the season continues...)

Card was injured last year when his second chance came, and now he’s injured again. It’s a fool’s errand to rely on an injury prone mediocre backup quarterback. Good thing we won’t come next year.

Same here- Announcers were pretty good about pointing out some of the really egregious non calls but I didn’t see the holding on Ovie because I’d gotten distracted- Same as the officials

the sack in the end zone ranks as the worst call I’ve ever seen in CFB… even worse than the worst of the 2015 OK State debacle
I’m so glad @Ketchum pointed out the holding call. I was screaming at the TV when it happened but the announcers were too busy fawning over Bryce Young to mention it. That holding call keeps them out of FG range. It was a 30 yard non-call.
Same here- Announcers were pretty good about pointing out some of the really egregious non calls but I didn’t see the holding on Ovie because I’d gotten distracted- Same as the officials

the sack in the end zone ranks as the worst call I’ve ever seen in CFB… even worse than the worst of the 2015 OK State debacle

Card was injured last year when his second chance came, and now he’s injured again. It’s a fool’s errand to rely on an injury prone mediocre backup quarterback. Good thing we won’t come next year.
Cmon now. Last year our OL was so bad nobody could stay healthy behind it. This year he gets hurt in the same game as Evers playing against a bunch of future NFL talent.

He played his guts out and he’s much better than mediocre. Give him some damn credit.

Alabamas corners, safeties and Offensive line were outplayed the entire game. Period. Their qb was excellent and that was the only real difference. And might have been negated if Quinn stays in. You are soft selling that that was a cheap shot by Dallas Turner. He didn’t have any reason to follow through on that hit and that was one of the few calls that was correct in the game. That was not an old school football play. It was a cheap shot. One of many on the day from a defense that’s not used to being outplayed.

@Ketchum I can't recall a previous time when I agreed with you on every Buy/Sell. It must have been that there were so many obvious slam dunk questions. Usually there is something you could flip a coin on.

I agree the staff didn't want to even consider playing Murphy, at least not early in the season, but shit happens. Maybe he doesn't play this week or is limited, but, unless Ewers or Card make a remarkable recovery, I think he has to play significant snaps before OU.
Not gonna happen.

So either Charles Wright becomes a Texas folklore legend or this season is mostly lost.

I’m excited to see how we handle this adversity and how sark game plans around it but I’m conditioned as a fan after the past decade to believe this isn’t going to go well

Dear Ketch, Kentucky Rain, all day. Please listen and tell me it’s not a top 5er

Can't believe in game 3 of the season, we r about to roll out our 3rd QB Charlie Wright... I'm interested to see how Sark and staff faces this adversity and schemes a winning gameplan with Wright at the helm.

@Ketchum I can't recall a previous time when I agreed with you on every Buy/Sell. It must have been that there were so many obvious slam dunk questions. Usually there is something you could flip a coin on.

I agree the staff didn't want to even consider playing Murphy, at least not early in the season, but shit happens. Maybe he doesn't play this week or is limited, but, unless Ewers or Card make a remarkable recovery, I think he has to play significant snaps before OU.
we continue to be on the same page. good stuff.

🧐🧐🧐

Screenshot-20220911-220535.jpg
Yeah, we waited for him to play two games. Now, it's ok to speed up. ;)

These injuries hurt, but best case I’d that they come back a little sooner.
since it’s Ewers non dominant shoulder he may be out 3 weeks- literally throwing and practicing 21 days from now. best case.

card could have Tua surgery and be back practicing in 2 weeks. he tore or sprained his talofibular ligament which connects the lower leg bones near the ankle. You drill the bone and duplicate the ligament by placing a tightrope to fix bones together. There’s post op pain, but it provides a definitive immediate fix. most docs are conservative and place in boot for 5-8 weeks, but it could be less
I will take your word for it, doc.

Alabamas corners, safeties and Offensive line were outplayed the entire game. Period. Their qb was excellent and that was the only real difference. And might have been negated if Quinn stays in. You are soft selling that that was a cheap shot by Dallas Turner. He didn’t have any reason to follow through on that hit and that was one of the few calls that was correct in the game. That was not an old school football play. It was a cheap shot. One of many on the day from a defense that’s not used to being outplayed.
It was just bad luck.

Reactions: bevobrett and RTR
* Card was clearly bothered by the ankle injury, but I think he deserves credit for taking the Longhorns down the field after falling behind 17-16 and putting the team in a position to win the game. If nothing else, he's got grit

Good write up. Spot on with regards to Card. What a gamer. Loved his heart and leaving it all on the field for his Team. Not sure where his time at TX will lead or when it will end, but he will always be highly regarded in my book.

Especially the refs… “review” as they suck and will continue to suck all year
Is it just me but do the defensive Backs from Bama play a different kind of football in that they will break up the pass in whatever way they can and take a risk(50)%of a penalty and Texas defensive backs play infraction free defense and allow 50% touchdowns.Saban must teach that a penalty is not as bad as a touchdown with at least more chances to stop a drive.It seems obvious to me

Is it just me but do the defensive Backs from Bama play a different kind of football in that they will break up the pass in whatever way they can and take a risk(50)%of a penalty and Texas defensive backs play infraction free defense and allow 50% touchdowns.Saban must teach that a penalty is not as bad as a touchdown with at least more chances to stop a drive.It seems obvious to me
Appears to me that Bama D-players love t
o "face-mask."

Reactions: boernefan
No two ways about it - proud of our team, coaches, fans.

Wright will be a game manager. Time to unleash Malik. Even if Malik doesn't know the play book and we have to simplify, he has "IT" and watching him play will be fun. Plus, we need to bring him along in case Ewers is not ready by OU.

Reactions: txfight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT