ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Saying what needs to be said)

TCU would have been a considerable underdog in Vegas to both OSU and Bama, the teams ranked right behind them. They also would have likely been dogs to some others.

Point being, what Vegas would say isn’t really part of the criteria. Otherwise, what happens on the field wouldn’t really matter.
You just said teams behind them. There were a lot of teams behind them.,

Don't confuse honesty with opinion.
sesame street k GIF

If you think Bama beating UGA leaves an uncontested door open for Texas, then there's nothing really left to discuss.
So you admit the straight bet is mathematically more probable to occur but even with that being the case you’re not convinced that a 10 point road victory over the SEC champ with the same wins and losses opens an uncontested door for Texas?

Please elaborate your thinking there because the committee’s criteria: head-to-head record, conference championship, FPI, and SOS is clear in the final rankings determination.

That's what makes this that much harder. I think Texas could have given Georgia or Michigan a run for their money.. still possible

So you admit the straight bet is mathematically more probable

I don't care enough to argue with you.

5 minutes ago you were arguing that Oregon was ranked ahead of FSU in the playoff rankings.

ps. FSU is a 5.5 favorite on Saturday. Louisville winning is all Texas needs.

Reactions: TXOutdoors
Do you believe Texas is better or do you believe Texas has the better resume?
I think with Ewers making strides to his pre-injury form and the rest of our team healthy I actually think we are better. I absolutely believe if both teams play their best game we’d win.

I think with Ewers making strides to his pre-injury form and the rest of our team healthy I actually think we are better. I absolutely believe if both teams play their best game we’d win.

I hope we get to find out.

Reactions: TheHorn
I don't care enough to argue with you.

5 minutes ago you were arguing that Oregon was ranked ahead of FSU in the playoff rankings.

ps. FSU is a 5.5 favorite on Saturday. Louisville winning is all Texas needs.
I am not arguing. I am asking why you’re so confident that a 5.5 point underdog and a 5 point favorite in Georgia both winning is the clearest path for Texas to the CFP?

A 5 point underdog in Bama simply upsetting Georgia in the SEC championship seems more probable to me, considering they’ve already done that before.

And Oregon has already passed Florida State in this week’s CFP rankings, last week’s games have already been played, we are just waiting for the CFP rankings to be updated at this point. Semantics.

God bless you for ranking You’ve Got Mail above Sleepless. Both are great, but You’ve Got Mail is better. Always make me want to go visit New York. Oh, and the football stuff is really great today, too. Totally agree with your Ryan Day take.

I am not arguing. I am asking why you’re so confident that a 5.5 point underdog and a 5 point favorite in Georgia both winning is the clearest path for Texas to the CFP?

A 5 point underdog in Bama simply upsetting Georgia in the SEC championship seems more probable to me, considering they’ve already done that before.

And Oregon has already passed Florida State in this week’s CFP rankings, last week’s games have already been played, we are just waiting for the CFP rankings to be updated at this point. Semantics.
All that needs to happen is a 5.5 underdog (Louisville) winning.

UGA losing doesn't guarantee what you think it does IMO.

Gotta factor Ewers was out for a portion of the UH game and all of the KSU game. Iowa St was never in doubt and on the road too. Texas beat freakin Bama by 10 on the road.

There really isn’t a logical reason to rank Oregon above Texas at this point in time. This is Reggie Bush vs VY Kirk Bohls part 2.

You got it wrong Ketch.

Florida State is out barring a Michigan or Texas loss in the championship. I’ll circle back next week with an I told you so.

If Bama wins, we’re definitely in the CFP. Mark my words, that’s the clearest path to the CFP behind an ACC or BIG conference championship upset.

why exactly is Free Shoes U out if they beat Louisville? we need one of the current big 4 to LOSE to get in. assuming we take care of biz and womp the Mullet Pokes.

HOOK'EM HORNS!

You've come a long way since the UofH game on the horns and Sark specifically. (but I understand the Horns have too).

Gotta factor Ewers was out for a portion of the UH game and all of the KSU game. Iowa St was never in doubt and on the road too. Texas beat freakin Bama by 10 on the road.

There really isn’t a logical reason to rank Oregon above Texas at this point in time. This is Reggie Bush vs VY Kirk Bohls part 2.
It's really not.

@Ketchum does a Bama win open up another path besides an FSU loss?

Bama is in, but Texas is dragged in too bc of their win @ Bama? Homer thought, but I think it’s at least possible. Oregon avenges their only loss but resume is objectively worse even though eye test is probably better. At least would be justifiable?

@Ketchum does a Bama win open up another path besides an FSU loss?

Bama is in, but Texas is dragged in too bc of their win @ Bama? Homer thought, but I think it’s at least possible. Oregon avenges their only loss but resume is objectively worse even though eye test is probably better. At least would be justifiable?
I wouldn't want to find out what a Bama win does. Very risky IMO.

Reactions: horns--21
And Oregon has already passed Florida State in this week’s CFP rankings,
How could you possibly know that? Aside from that jump to conclusion none of your logic makes sense. You don’t seem to understand that the SEC champ is in.

All that needs to happen is a 5.5 underdog (Louisville) winning.

UGA losing doesn't guarantee what you think it does IMO.
Ok that’s what I thought you were saying.

Bama, a 5 point underdog beating Georgia is more likely to happen than Louisville, a 5.5 point underdog, beating Florida State, statistically speaking.

Now if the committee puts in Bama and leaves out Texas, despite a 10 point head to head win in Tuscaloosa, that will destroy the committee’s credibility. I don’t think they will do that and I’d prefer to see that outcome play out honestly.

Reactions: KatyKid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT