ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Shaka is a damn good coach)

I enjoy showing up a couple days late and reading the first page, then skipping to page 25 to know that I missed nothing in pages 2-24.

Reactions: Seftees
Charlie is a damn good coach, too. He's just not great.

I don;t know if Shaka is great.

Stated as much in the article.
Upon a re-read, this post probably does the best job of illustrating how you consistently fail to get your point across in a reasonable manner. In this post, you say that Charlie Strong is a damn good coach. In this post, you call him the worst football coach in the history of the 100+ year old Texas football program and compare him to Michael Scott of the office, who I think we can all agree is an idiot.

It is my opinion that Strong is the worst coach in school history and the Michael Scott of college football.

So I guess the real question is...which is it? Is Charlie Strong the worst football coach in over 100 years at Texas or is he a "damn good coach"? It cannot possibly be both.

Upon a re-read, this post probably does the best job of illustrating how you consistently fail to get your point across in a reasonable manner. In this post, you say that Charlie Strong is a damn good coach. In this post, you call him the worst football coach in the history of the 100+ year old Texas football program and compare him to Michael Scott of the office, who I think we can all agree is an idiot.

So I guess the real question is...which is it? Is Charlie Strong the worst football coach in over 100 years at Texas or is he a "damn good coach"? It cannot possibly be both.
Charlie is a damn good coach. He's just a buffoon as a head coach at a major program.

Those two things do not need to be independent from each other.

Sidenote: I refused to take a shot at your inability to process such a simple thing.

For instance, George Clooney is a great actor, but he was shitty in Batman and Robin.

Dennis Hopper was a great actor, but he sucked in Super Mario Brothers.

I used no data.It was just emotional jibberish.
2.gif

Charlie is a damn good coach. He's just a buffoon as a head coach at a major program.

Those two things do not need to be independent from each other.
Welp, there we have it. You clearly are not very good at articulating a point. You cannot on one hand consider someone a damn good coach and then on the hand contend he's the worst ever at a big-time school. At the end of the day, you really struggle to get your point across in a coherent way and that's why it typically takes you several (in this case 100+ posts) to defend your position. Once that position is called into question by an overwhelming majority, you get defensive and the insults and condescension begins. The reason people on here were so quick to criticize is because you did a very similar thing with respect to Shaka less than six weeks ago and waited until they finally won a Big 12 game to post this while staying silent through some pretty awful play against mediocre teams.

As for your post, those two things certainly do not need to be independent of eachother because of the differing circumstances, but those two statements are diametrically opposed to eachother. It really underscores any point that you were trying to make.

Welp, there we have it. You clearly are not very good at articulating a point. You cannot on one hand consider someone a damn good coach and then on the hand contend he's the worst ever at a big-time school. At the end of the day, you really struggle to get your point across in a coherent way and that's why it typically takes you several (in this case 100+ posts) to defend your position. Once that position is called into question by an overwhelming majority, you get defensive and the insults and condescension begins. The reason people on here were so quick to criticize is because you did a very similar thing with respect to Shaka less than six weeks ago and waited until they finally won a Big 12 game to post this while staying silent through some pretty awful play against mediocre teams.

As for your post, those two things certainly do not need to be independent of eachother because of the differing circumstances, but those two statements are diametrically opposed to eachother. It really underscores any point that you were trying to make.
I'm not responding to any more of your nonsense. I can't make you use your brain. Or maybe you are. I can't tell.

Have a blessed day.

He does it on purpose, and it's annoying af.

True, pertinent statement to the topic at hand though.

No one is also having that debate b/c there isn't a debate. Stevens is a far superior coach.
To almost every basketball coach on the planet.

Please unpin this. It is one of the worst, most non-objective, insupportable, columns Ketch has ever written.

I like Shaka very much. I still hope he succeeds here, but so far he has not been up to the job.

Wanted to make sure of that cause he's Shaka over the last 8 years while at Texas.

I guess the term "damn good coach" is defined differently by everyone. I don't think many fit into the category. I'd prefer a damn good coach that doles out results.

Wanted to make sure of that cause he's Shaka over the last 8 years while at Texas.

I guess the term "damn good coach" is defined differently by everyone. I don't think many fit into the category. I'd prefer a damn good coach that doles out results.
If your standards are that narrow, maybe the word your looking for instead of "damn good" is great.

24-36 hours later, it is kind of amazing that an online riot broke out because I called the Texas basketball coach a damn good coach on a Texas message board.

giphy.gif

I doubt you were terribly shocked. We are only a couple of weeks removed from your previous such infamous statement about Shaka. Obviously you are having fun.

giphy.gif

I doubt you were terribly shocked. We are only a couple of weeks removed from your previous such infamous statement about Shaka. Obviously you are having fun.
I didn't expect 26 pages, claims of racism against white people and the sheer level of anger that was on display. I knew it would get reaction, just not that one.

I didn't expect 26 pages, claims of racism against white people and the sheer level of anger that was on display. I knew it would get reaction, just not that one.

I'm glad I didn't bother going through it. I see you getting ready for "7 things thinking on a Thursday" already.

giphy.gif

You don't think he was a damn good coach?

He was a mastermind on offense and won two outright conference titles.

You don't get to be an NFL head coach without being a damn good coach.

The SWC was dogshit while he was there. He was 1-2 in bowl games. No top 10 finishes in 6 years. He lost to pre Briles Baylor, when Baylor was on par with a 3a high school team. Yeah, I'll give props to him for catching Nebraska off guard. Not a damn good coach.

If your standards are that narrow, maybe the word your looking for instead of "damn good" is great.

No, I think even less fit into great.

IE: Calipari, K, Boheim, Pitino, Izzo, Wright, self, williams.

"damn good": Miller, Few, Barnes, Kruger, Marshall, Bennett, Mack, Matta, Huggins, Beilein, Ryan.

Shaka isn't close to any of the coaches in the "damn good" section IMO over the last 8-9 years. And I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. Thats 20 coaches (and as stated I'm sure I'm missing a few). Just how many out there are "damn good" or great?

Reactions: scary jarbro
The SWC was dogshit while he was there. He was 1-2 in bowl games. No top 10 finishes in 6 years. He lost to pre Briles Baylor, when Baylor was on par with a 3a high school team. Yeah, I'll give props to him for catching Nebraska off guard. Not a damn good coach.
It's becoming clear some of you have incredibly high standards for "damn good coach"

I'd hate to hear the bar for being called great.

Is Tom Herman a "damn good coach"?

No, I think even less fit into great.

IE: Calipari, K, Boheim, Pitino, Izzo, Wright, self, williams.

"damn good": Miller, Few, Barnes, Kruger, Marshall, Bennett, Mack, Matta, Huggins, Beilein, Ryan.

Shaka isn't close to any of the coaches in the "damn good" section IMO over the last 8-9 years. And I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. Thats 20 coaches (and as stated I'm sure I'm missing a few). Just how many out there are "damn good" or great?
Mark Few isn't a great coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT