ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Six months into his new job and Herman has OU on tilt)

I never said he was the best of all time. I said he was a terrific team player and big man passer and deserves being mentioned in the top group of players due to that all around game. he wasnt in the Hakeem, wilt, jabbar, Shaq etc category but theres no doubt about his contribution within the realm of a great team. I think Sam and KC Jones, Havlicek, Heinsohn and others on that team would not agree with your characterization of Russell.
Yeah, well,for those guys to admit the truth is ti admit that their generation couldn't hang with the modern player.

I never said he was the best of all time. I said he was a terrific team player and big man passer and deserves being mentioned in the top group of players due to that all around game. he wasnt in the Hakeem, wilt, jabbar, Shaq etc category but theres no doubt about his contribution within the realm of a great team. I think Sam and KC Jones, Havlicek, Heinsohn and others on that team would not agree with your characterization of Russell.
The conversation is about the No.1 and No.2 players of all-time, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT