ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (TCU is a bit of a free hit for UT)

Bijan is the best all around back I’ve watched in person from junior high, high school and college. Honestly, he’s never ran behind a dominate line - maybe a couple years in HS were good. I’d love to see his numbers with a decent college line for at least 2 years, but like he always states - God has a plan for him - that’s what makes him a great player and young man!
He ain't Ricky.

Reactions: Bevo 24 and McGuapo
Sure, but a little disingenuous to use as a resume pumping.

I've already admitted that Quincy Jones deserves that space more. It's a subjective thought and any number of 20-30 people could have made that slot.

I had Coltrane there until I read some of Grohl's legacy. check marks.

Could Metcalf have been as electric as a Tyreek Hill if put on the same teams? I looked it up for fun and their height and weights are almost identical. Major difference was 40 times TH at 4.29 and EM at 4.45.
I dunno. I never watched Metcalf and thought he was what Hill is.

I don't know Sadio Mane, but they must have hired the same guy....

a10be6e35abc11fbd1c22a10f7b839c1.png

CoCOpColt.jpg

Why does the Colt McCoy statue look like a frightened Johnny Manziel?

• Haha
Reactions: Tovar77 and Ketchum
So, here’s the deal with this team. There’s so many different little issues everywhere (including his own) that Sark can’t seem to get them all fixed consistently and this leads to every game (minus OU) being nailbiters. It’s always something else, but it bounces back and forth between the the things we’ve all identified. Like trying to plug 12 leaks with 10 fingers, something always gets away from them. The hope is he can actually patch some of the holes (coaching) and not have to rely on trying to just cover them all in sync every week.
Lot of truth to this.

I've already admitted that Quincy Jones deserves that space more. It's a subjective thought and any number of 20-30 people could have made that slot.

I had Coltrane there until I read some of Grohl's legacy. check marks.

Good call on Quincy, and thought you did a great job with the other 9 slots.

It’s why I stated the “impossible to tell”.

Texas had zero idea how to maximize him in the mid 80’s, and honestly it took the Browns a few years to figure it out also. He was a mold breaker.

All I can do is go on the data left behind. a two-yard difference i YPC is no small thing IMO.

why can’t we show Hill and Hicks the NIL $ to get them comfortable? Even if just for them 2; we should have as much money as Aggie.
again, it's about the hows as much as its the totals.

All I can do is go on the data left behind. a two-yard difference i YPC is no small thing IMO.

Dont disagree. I think we can also agree Bijan couldn’t have found a better guy than Sark to maximize his talents.

It’s insane how talented the guy is. The true definition of genius.
It's simply amazing to see what he's done in his career. That's why I mentioned two others that don't really get attention, Jack White and Alicia Keys....totally different people and styles, but ironically I think they worked on a Bond theme song together....weird.

Most of the time that you evaluate music, I simply think that you are young and misguided. This time, I think that you are deranged. Ever heard of Willie Nelson? Songwriter; guitarist; singer; performer; cultural icon. You really ought to stick to football. Pitiful effort.
Great sing-writer. All-time great song-writer.

He's not an all-time great guitarist. Or singer. Or probably performer.

And I love Willie.

But, let's be real.

I dunno. I never watched Metcalf and thought he was what Hill is.
No worries, just struck me they had approximately the same measurables that, in Metcalf's day were viewed as a negative for a pure RB.

As a person who has seen Willie double digit times, he isn’t a top 10 musician of all time.
This is such a personal conversation for everyone.

Everyone wants their guy to be in.

The list seems better for the past 50-60 years. Not sure what happened before 1950 but you seemed to short anything before. Lennon belongs.

Nice write up. Your mood seems to brighten when the mood of fans improves. This team has made strides since last year.

F* TCU, burn the field down and score 60 points, but win this game Horns! Hook 'em
a. It's definitely post-1950 heavy.

Maybe Jellyroll should have gotten some love.

b. Everything is better when the team doesn't lose.

Great sing-writer. All-time great song-writer.

He's not an all-time great guitarist. Or singer. Or probably performer.

And I love Willie.

But, let's be real.
You really live in a different dimension. Thank Heavens that your ability to evaluate football exceeds---by a wide degree--your ability to evaluate music.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT