ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (TCU is a bit of a free hit for UT)

Ha. Real. Two weeks. Welcome to the party. Sure. When a National announcer brings it up, Astro fans respond. No shit. As someone who is on the game threads for 6 months, we don’t think about the trash can thing and mock the ones who do.
Hey, man, more power to you.

Who is your starting Rb next year and who is your starting RT? What do they do on defense in all three levels DL LB and DB all leaving and needing to be upgraded?

a. Baxter takes the job by mid-season.

b. He might not be on campus... but, cam Williams is a strong candidate.

c. They need to hit the portal hard.

Reactions: usa_jwtw
I'm not sure that's enough of a resume.
Might be worth a top 10 female artist list at some point? 😉

She’s in my top 3 for sure. I’d assume in most anyone’s top 10 female artists, along with Aretha, Dolly, Madonna, Joni Mitchell, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Karen Carpenter, Gaga, Billie Holliday

Better musician and songwriter. McCartney wasn’t the best musician or songwriter in his own band.
Even if you think that McCartney wasn’t as good of a songwriter as Lennon he was still light years ahead of Prince. Prince wrote some nice music, but my kids don’t even know who he is. He music didn’t endure There isn’t a person in the western world who doesn’t know and love a dozen or more of McCartney sings.

Reactions: depock
Trying to think about a womens list:

Stevie Nicks
Dolly Parton
Billie Holiday
Etta James
Mother Maybelle Carter
Aretha
Ella Fitzgerald
Tina Turner

Does Whitney Houston belong? Does Gaga? I hate to admit it but Madonna had a shit ton of radio hits.

There’s fewer women that both wrote and performed at a high level. Maybelle Carter, for example, invented a new guitar style, heavily influenced modern country music, and wrote at a high level—but she wasn’t a solo performer, nor a lead singer for the Carter Family. Whitney Houston performed at a high level, but she never wrote anything.

Gaga plays the piano, acoustic guitar and the drums.

She's an all-time song-writer.

Iconic performer and singer.

Reactions: depock
Great stuff Ketch. Always enjoy your work. Also appreciate you taking the time to answer all the replies. Great list on music, agree with many that Lennon would be way up there on my personal list. Huge Beatles fan and I’ve never been able to pick a fav between he and McCartney songs. Both just so amazing and wherever I put them on any top ten they’d be right next to each other. Agree on prince. Good take by some on Holley. Short career, great songs and such an influence on others. Lol on Stevie nicks. Sang on some great songs for sure but never saw her play more than a tambourine.

Reactions: Ketchum
Gaga plays the piano, acoustic guitar and the drums.

She's an all-time song-writer.

Iconic performer and singer.
I can’t name a single Gaga song, but I’ll take your word for it. Her music just doesn’t appeal to me.

Might be worth a top 10 female artist list at some point? 😉

She’s in my top 3 for sure. I’d assume in most anyone’s top 10 female artists, along with Aretha, Dolly, Madonna, Joni Mitchell, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Karen Carpenter, Gaga, Billie Holliday
maybe next week!

Reactions: bleedinorange25
Even if you think that McCartney wasn’t as good of a songwriter as Lennon he was still light years ahead of Prince. Prince wrote some nice music, but my kids don’t even know who he is. He music didn’t endure There isn’t a person in the western world who doesn’t know and love a dozen or more of McCartney sings.
light years?

Great stuff Ketch. Always enjoy your work. Also appreciate you taking the time to answer all the replies. Great list on music, agree with many that Lennon would be way up there on my personal list. Huge Beatles fan and I’ve never been able to pick a fav between he and McCartney songs. Both just so amazing and wherever I put them on any top ten they’d be right next to each other. Agree on prince. Good take by some on Holley. Short career, great songs and such an influence on others. Lol on Stevie nicks. Sang on some great songs for sure but never saw her play more than a tambourine.
Thanks for sharing. I might do a female list next week. I have no idea where she'll finish, but she's an all-timer.

She was considered a monster on the piano.
Fair enough. Not my jam but hats off on her talent. Madonna is the best selling female artist ever, and Taylor will pass her in time...gotta give them hats off for their talent too, and both are better songwriters and more prolific than Gaga.

I can’t name a single Gaga song, but I’ll take your word for it. Her music just doesn’t appeal to me.
She does pretty much every kind of music.

Her album with Tony Bennett is dope.

I've always loved this performance,

Fair enough. Not my jam but hats off on her talent. Madonna is the best selling female artist ever, and Taylor will pass her in time...gotta give them hats off for their talent too, and both are better and more prolific than Gaga.

Madonna is the queen of pop, but why would you put her on the list?

Taylor is a good songwriter (maybe great), but she's not an all-time vocalist, performer or musician.

Feels like Brian Wilson is too high at 7. Not saying who to replace, but he’s one of the most creative, most ahead of his times musicians in history.

Madonna is the queen of pop, but why would you put her on the list?

Taylor is a good songwriter (maybe great), but she's not an all-time vocalist, performer or musician.
She ain’t my jam either, but Madonna has done it all for decades…writer, singer, performer, best selling female artist of all time. That doesn’t garner consideration?

Tell my daughter Taylor isn’t any of those things…old white guys ain’t her market. Of course, this is your list…it is subjective somewhat. I weight songwriting first on the talent list.

Feels like Brian Wilson is too high at 7. Not saying who to replace, but he’s one of the most creative, most ahead of his times musicians in history.
so, he's too high as one of the most creative, most ahead of his times musicians in history?

She ain’t my jam either, but Madonna has done it all for decades…writer, singer, performer, best selling female artist of all time. That doesn’t garner consideration?

Tell my daughter Taylor isn’t any of those things…old white guys ain’t her market. Of course, this is your list…it is subjective somewhat. I weight songwriting first on the talent list.
She's an iconic performer and wrote a lot of her songs, but she's not a great vocalist and she only plays one instrument and no one would call her elite on the guitar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT